Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, getting a remaster on PS4!

16 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Hmm the game was awesome, but yeah like many of you say, there was a huge grind for the plat (like get all evolutions which took ages). Might be worth it still since it was a great game

You only needed to get 250 of the over 300 familiars :) I personally still went for all the familiars that weren't exclusive in some way (such as DLC) and plan to do that again this time around as well.

53 minutes ago, zadorvp said:

You only needed to get 250 of the over 300 familiars :) I personally still went for all the familiars that weren't exclusive in some way (such as DLC) and plan to do that again this time around as well.

Ah right, I just remember there was a grind to evolve them lol. The game is sick though, loved all boss fights

• Like 1

On 09/06/2019 at 3:04 AM, KingGuy420 said:

Does it even need a remaster? Can it possibly look any better? Some of these remaster choices confuse me lol.

I thought it was impossible for Okami to look any better than it did on the PS2, and the PS3 and PS4 remasters proved me wrong.

That aside, I have one question for those who have played both Ni no Kuni 1 and 2 : I was planning on playing the latter during this summer. Would you recommend I do it and play the first game afterwards, or should I do the opposite?

22 minutes ago, gerboize said:

I thought it was impossible for Okami to look any better than it did on the PS2, and the PS3 and PS4 remasters proved me wrong.

That aside, I have one question for those who have played both Ni no Kuni 1 and 2 : I was planning on playing the latter during this summer. Would you recommend I do it and play the first game afterwards, or should I do the opposite?

They are two different games, but personally I preferred the first game as it was deep and magical. Also there are monsters that you can collect, fight with and evolve (like pokemon). Lots of epic boss fights and great story

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 9:51 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I got the platinum in this game last year and I fell in love with it. I'll definitely be getting the remaster so I can plat it again a few years done the line. I've got to play the sequel first, though. :D

And they absolutely should NOT "nerf" the trophies in the remaster. They're perfectly fine as they are. I swear all the quick and easy plats these days have made trophy hunters soft.

I feel you almost ruined this thread by bringing up 'quick and easy plats' where the subject doesn't belong.  Get over it, everybody.

ANYWAY, I'm super excited for this remaster of one my favorite RPGs in recent memory.  This is a day one purchase for me.

On 6/8/2019 at 10:11 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Remasters aren't just about improving visuals, it's also about bringing the game to a new audience. There are many PS4 gamers who never even owned a PS3.

This is right on the money, however.

• Like 1

Nobody from the first game appears in 2(aside from the rabbit conductor in the timeless tone dlc). Theres references here and there(mostly in the timeless tone dlc but i remember a statue of the ding dong dell king from the first game in the sewers and one of the kingmaker trials has statues of characters from 1) But nothing that could potentially spoil the first game.

Already played and beat the game on PS3, no platinum though. I have no interest in replaying unless they fix the awful AI and difficulty curve. Is it Level 5 doing the remaster or an outside company, and why this game and not Dark Cloud 1 or 2, Rogue Galaxy, or even White Knight Chronicles with online back.

3 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

I feel you almost ruined this thread by bringing up 'quick and easy plats' where the subject doesn't belong.  Get over it, everybody.

I wouldn't have brought it up at all had the OP not talked about wanting the trophies to be easier in this remaster. I felt like responding to it.

4 hours ago, Erkawest said:

They are two different games, but personally I preferred the first game as it was deep and magical. Also there are monsters that you can collect, fight with and evolve (like pokemon). Lots of epic boss fights and great story

That's the reason I want to start this series so bad. I've seen a lot of people praise it (especially the first game). What I meant to ask was : is the story of the 2nd game a continuation of the 1st's or are they not related ? i.e, is it okay to play the 2nd game before the 1st one ?

Edited by gerboize

7 minutes ago, gerboize said:

That's the reason I want to start this series so bad. I've seen a lot of people praise it (especially the first game). What I meant to ask was : is the story of the 2nd game a continuation of the 1st's or are they not related ? i.e, is it okay to play the 2nd game before the 1st one ?

The second game is not a continuation, from what I've seen. They share the same world, but to my knowledge, none of the characters from the first one are in the second. So, you can play them in whatever order you want.

• Like 1

Just now, Hero_of_Time_507 said:

The second game is not a continuation, from what I've seen. They share the same world, but to my knowledge, none of the characters from the first one are in the second. So, you can play them in whatever order you want.

Awesome. Thank you for the reply !

Publisher Bandai Namco and Level-5 have announced Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered for PlayStation 4 and PC, and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for Switch. Both titles will launch on September 20.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered is an enhanced version of the 2013-released RPG featuring upgraded graphics, while the non-remastered Switch version is a port of the original release.

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-remastered-announced-for-ps4-pc-alongside-original-version-for-switch

23 hours ago, gerboize said:

My two cents - play the second one before the first.  The original Ni No Kuni could be used to teach a course on character development, story telling, audience engagement, and just the right amount of challenge.  The second one is good, but nothing like its predecessor, and playing them out of order must just enhance your appreciation of the first.

• Like 1