Help me decide!

rjwebs11

With the current sale going on I'm looking at 3 games, and I just can't make up my mind! What would you choose if you had to choose between Ni No Kuni 2, Dragon Quest Heroes 2, Or Divinity Original Sin 2? I know they're all different in they're own ways, and all have their pros and cons, just looking for others peoples opinions!

23 minutes ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

Divinity Original Sin 2 is a great game if you like the genre.

I've only played half of the first game, got sucked into the batman trilogy. Is it worth finishing that one before I play the second?

I'd also go for Dragon Quest Heroes 2 if you like DQ, Hack & Slash/Musou games.

it's a very charming game and personally I think it's better than the first one.

It feels much more like your "typical" Dragon Quest minus turn-based battle system.

Less tower defense and much more focus on the combat. It has different classes available for the two protagonists and you can even change their weapon depending on the class you chose. 

It's a very fun game with tons of stuff to do.

However, if you're not willing to spend approximately 150-200 hours into the game if you want to plat it then maybe you're better off with the other 2 instead.

I'm currently going for 100% and it's a VERY grind-y game, lots of RNG and overall three trophies are really exhausting to get.

"Patience is a virtue" hits the point for this one.

11 minutes ago, rjwebs11 said:

I've only played half of the first game, got sucked into the batman trilogy. Is it worth finishing that one before I play the second?

This is not easy to answer. DOS 2 plays 1000 years after DOS 1. They are related, but it is not necessary to finish the first game.

I liked DOS 1 a lot, which in itself makes it worth for me to finish the game. Without wanting to spoil anything, you might encounter some people in DOS 2 you met in DOS 1, depending on how much exploring you do in both games (there is quite a lot of stuff to miss). If you finish DOS 1, you have a bit more context, but is isn't crucial (maybe with one exception). It comes down to preference. My preference would be to play and finish them in order, but it is moire a matter of priciple than actually rating each game.

They all look really good. Have you played the originals? Might be worth waiting on the NnK1 remaster, if not. I bought DQH2 last week, even though I probably won't get to it this year. That game is on sale all the time, if you're worried about missing out on a good price...

I haven't played any of these...but I have played the first Ni no Kuni and loved it. I have the second game...just haven't gotten around to it yet. But because of this, I'd have to recommend NnK2. 

I was looking into eventually getting Dragon Quest XI...it'd be my first foray into the series. Just waiting for a sale. 

Save yourself the headache and grab all three...?

But heres my choices.

1.Dragon Quest Heroes 2

2.Ni No Kuni 2

3.Divinty Sin 2