Easy ultra rare plats

While the online for all of them have been shut down, lending the previous installments to be unobtainable, the MLB: THE SHOW series has always had relatively easy (albeit frustratingly luck based at times) trophies. I almost had it one year, and when I took a glance at my card, I noticed that so many people on this site alone had not completed some very easily obtainable trophies that could be done by simply simming or even some roster/slider adjustments to set up situations just right.

I have always just played them fairly casually, but the year I did strive for the platinum, I was only one online trophy away from achieving it. Everything else popped up as ultra rare, and I guess that's a testament to how much people that play these games care about the trophies. However, if you are in the hunt, keep your eye on installments as they release each year. The growing trend is downplaying online trophies, so to get rid of boosting, and the trophies seem to get easier by the year (back in the day, they were nigh impossible).

DON'T GET ME WRONG -- you'll have to work for it. Some of the luck based trophies, like robbing a homerun, or catching a foul ball over the railing as it's going into the stands takes some extreme persistence to get to a situation where you can even make that possibly happen. However, when you do, you'll find that these are some of the easier ultra-rare platinum trophies out there with enough persistence. 15-20 hours at most.

GTA IV and V are ridiculously easy if you actually enjoy the games, GTA Online still annoyed me though, I hate having to share a screen with online tosspots yelling about fucking each others mothers.

Call of Duty Vita is also easy as balls and that has less than 4%, I platinumed that in about a week without even trying, it's percentage is ridiculously low.

Super Time Ultra Force is a Ultra Rare that really shouldn't be. Its a really fun game that I'm suprised more aren't choosing to platinum as most of the trophies are really easy. The game is short and there really isn't much to collect. The only kinda difficult part is the helladeck levels, and those are made alot easier by watching a guide. It might forever be cursed to ultra rare territory though, as its a ps plus game.

Edited by YourAdultFriend

• 1 month later...

The reason Super Time Force was so rare and is still one of my few UR platinums, is because as far as I know it has only been released on Playstation consoles (PS4 & Vita) since near the start of September... The 6th sort of comes to mind as when it may have been released... But yeah, for anyone looking at a "relatively" easy platinum thats currently UR/<5% than STF is a good choice, as I can personally attest that it is quite easy, the only troubling bits being doing all the Helladeck levels, bet even those which made up about 70% of my playtime for it took maaaaybe 5-6 hours...? Otherwise its just your typical random gameplay trophies and beating the game on Super Hardcore which is a lot less intimidating than it sounds... Also, the Ultra characters are SOOOO easy to exploit in Boss fights xD
You can get about 60-70% of the trophies in a few hours if you know what to do, and honestly if you were determined with a bit of patience and strategy, you could EASILY platinum it in a day.... Maybe use a guide for the Helladeck levels if you get stuck

Edited by TheStolenLink

The reason Super Time Force was so rare and is still one of my few UR platinums, is because as far as I know it has only been released on Playstation consoles (PS4 & Vita) since near the start of September... The 6th sort of comes to mind as when it may have been released... But yeah, for anyone looking at a "relatively" easy platinum thats currently UR/<5% than STF is a good choice, as I can personally attest that it is quite easy, the only troubling bits being doing all the Helladeck levels, bet even those which made up about 70% of my playtime for it took maaaaybe 5-6 hours...? Otherwise its just your typical random gameplay trophies and beating the game on Super Hardcore which is a lot less intimidating than it sounds... Also, the Ultra characters are SOOOO easy to exploit in Boss fights xD

You can get about 60-70% of the trophies in a few hours if you know what to do, and honestly if you were determined with a bit of patience and strategy, you could EASILY platinum it in a day.... Maybe use a guide for the Helladeck levels if you get stuck

What about someone who sucks at time-based stuff?

Port Royale 3

It's a really easy game to Platinum. I think the only reason it's ultra rare is a combination of people not wanting to do the 100 hours trophy, and some confusion about how the naval battles work.

I wrote a guide for the naval battles, so there's that issue solved, and the game will literally play itself so you could leave your well-developed game save running all night after you get the other trophies if you wanted to. (And all the trophies count across all games ever unless the description says otherwise, which is only in a few cases).

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoyed it!

I'll post mine:

Velocity 2X,  The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth, PAYDAY: The Heist, Midnight Club: LA (closed servers), LBP1, GTAV, Terraria, Bulletstorm, Muramasa: Rebirth, Skate 3, Killzone 2 (controls are horrible tho), PAYDAY 2, LBPK, The Hungry Horde (I wrote the guide for it), Crysis 3, Two Worlds II, Battlefield 3, Killzone: Mercenaries, Skate 2, PROTOTYPE, LBP Vita, LBP3, Dead Nation (vita?), RDR, Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainshov's Revenge (I have a guide at .org). Dungeon Defenders (closed servers), Puppeteer, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, all Geometry Wars 3 games.

• Like 2

I'll post mine:

Velocity 2X,  The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth, PAYDAY: The Heist, Midnight Club: LA (closed servers), LBP1, GTAV, Terraria, Bulletstorm, Muramasa: Rebirth, Skate 3, Killzone 2 (controls are horrible tho), PAYDAY 2, LBPK, The Hungry Horde (I wrote the guide for it), Crysis 3, Two Worlds II, Battlefield 3, Killzone: Mercenaries, Skate 2, PROTOTYPE, LBP Vita, LBP3, Dead Nation (vita?), RDR, Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainshov's Revenge (I have a guide at .org). Dungeon Defenders (closed servers), Puppeteer, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, all Geometry Wars 3 games.

I don't think PROTOTYPE would be considered easy. It has a couple very hard time trials. I would only say it was easy if you managed to do all challenges on the first or second attempt. If you managed to do that then i applaud you. :)  

I don't think PROTOTYPE would be considered easy. It has a couple very hard time trials. I would only say it was easy if you managed to do all challenges on the first or second attempt. If you managed to do that then i applaud you. :)  

Except for the rooftop one that took me about 6 attempts, all of them were easy and I got most with 3 attempts (even set a top 10 WR for one over the university too). I honestly had more trouble with some mutated challenges rather than the speed ones. I think people don't quite understand the whole "you dash in the direction you are currently going with you press X" thing. I while ago I posted on our PROTOTYPE guide here and the guide maker made the changes he forgot to.

Elizabeth's fight is a pain in the ass though.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

I'll post mine:

I think this one is going to be harder now since the patch and the game is 1 download now.

• Like 1

I think this one is going to be harder now since the patch and the game is 1 download now.

Still cheesable on the vita and you can cloud save after every room when using the Lost. Getting the UR secret room items will be a pain on the PS4 though. Raw Liver, Missing No., Black Lotus, Skeleton Key, oh god.

• Like 1

Still cheesable on the vita and you can cloud save after every room when using the Lost. Getting the UR secret room items will be a pain on the PS4 though. Raw Liver, Missing No., Black Lotus, Skeleton Key, oh god.

Ah so they only did that for PS4? Yhe with those items i was actually lucky i got all of those in 1 run while breaking the game. The last item i got for the plat was Steven which was a pain in the ass.

Except for the rooftop one that took me about 6 attempts, all of them were easy and I got most with 3 attempts (even set a top 10 WR for one over the university too). I honestly had more trouble with some mutated challenges rather than the speed ones. I think people don't quite understand the whole "you dash in the direction you are currently going with you press X" thing. I while ago I posted on our PROTOTYPE guide here and the guide maker made the changes he forgot to.

Elizabeth's fight is a pain in the ass though.

Yeah that roof one was hard. 6 attempts is awesome, i know i needed heaps of attempts. Congratz on that world record

Ah so they only did that for PS4? Yhe with those items i was actually lucky i got all of those in 1 run while breaking the game. The last item i got for the plat was Steven which was a pain in the ass.

Yeah, PS4 only, vita and ps3 still gotta download all that crap separately. My last item was the skeleton key, I think I still have the print of the platinum saved somewhere, I found it funny to have the hole in the forehead. xD

Found it:

akesmv.jpg

Wasn't breaking the game on this one, got PhD and 2 48 hour energy pill with the D6.

Yeah that roof one was hard. 6 attempts is awesome, i know i needed heaps of attempts. Congratz on that world record

Meh, I knew what I was getting into, so I played the whole game getting used to dash, I don't remember using the glide so much on my second and third playthroughs. By the time I was doing the challenges, dashing felt natural, opposed to a LOT of people that only started dashing when they got to the challenges. Hopefully with the guide here on PSNP people have an easier time with this overall.

• Like 2