this came out of nowhere!

UlvenFenrir

8 hours ago, Remi-chan said:

Not the whole Doom series. Doom 64 will never be released on a PlayStation system. It's owned by Nintendo.

Midway developed Doom 64, supervised by id Software. I would think Nintendo doesn't have a claim to it any longer. Also, Wild Guns & The Ninja Warriors Again were made only for Nintendo systems at first, but that never stopped them from getting PS4 versions. If something were worked out between id Software & Warner Brothers Games (Midway's successor) then maybe it stands a chance.

While I'm glad to get Doom on PS4, it is hellalame that you need a Bethesda.net account to even play it. Was that extra DRM layer really necessary? I'm glad they didn't also require always online.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

16 minutes ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Midway developed Doom 64, supervised by id Software. I would think Nintendo doesn't have a claim to it any longer. Also, Wild Guns & The Ninja Warriors Again were made only for Nintendo systems at first, but that never stopped them from getting PS4 versions. If something were worked out between id Software & Warner Brothers Games (Midway's successor) then maybe it stands a chance.

While I'm glad to get Doom on PS4, it is hellalame that you need a Bethesda.net account to even play it. Was that extra DRM layer really necessary? I'm glad they didn't also require always online.

Looks like Doom 64 will be released on modern consoles/pc as well

https://mobile.twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1154897030264889344

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, AzureVon_ said:

For Co-Op could one just play Solo and leave the 2nd controller to do nothing?

I just tested it and yes, you can indeed do that.  What's more you respawn on death in Co op even on nightmare.  So anybody worried about that trophy or the speedrun trophy, local co op basically trivializes them both.

28 minutes ago, AzureWrathHal said:

I just tested it and yes, you can indeed do that.  What's more you respawn on death in Co op even on nightmare.  So anybody worried about that trophy or the speedrun trophy, local co op basically trivializes them both.

Ah, that makes it so much easier than doing it solo then.  I bet the people that didn't like the co-op trophy will miraculously come around to the game having a co-op trophy since it actually makes it much easier to plat than if it was for doing Nightmare solo.

• Like 1

just here to say GOD (or satan in this case) YES!

just finished knee deep in the dead and it's still amazing

I never played it with a controller before, so it's a new (and pleasent) experience for me

very fluid, much like, such good game

1 hour ago, dmland12 said:

Ah, that makes it so much easier than doing it solo then.  I bet the people that didn't like the co-op trophy will miraculously come around to the game having a co-op trophy since it actually makes it much easier to plat than if it was for doing Nightmare solo.

So you can die as player 1 and then basically have another go at it as player 2 back at where you left him?

My other question to whoever; this Bethesda account thing...is it literally just a case of signing up your email and filling a 2 second form out and then off you go? 

Edited by JPageMartin36

Btw anyone got tips for nightmare difficulty? it's totally okay players respawn every time they die, but man, even level 4 (doom 2) made me spend 30 minutes just trying to dodging shots with pistol only. Such a pain

Edited by Extracowboy

The cheats are available from the menu. Will that void trophies? Because local co-op nightmare will probably only be done legit by two people. xD

Edit: Oh, nevermind. It tells you it voids trophies. Whelp.

Edit 2: This might not actually be as bad as it seems. I set up a local co-op game and you can just keep respawning, even if both players are dead at the same time. In the co-op screen, you can select a chapter, map and difficulty. You can't save the game while you're playing. I rushed through E1M1 in co-op Nightmare and quit out in E1M2. The co-op screen doesn't show a completion mark or anything. So I'm not sure if you have to do all the levels in one session, or if you can just keep track of what levels you've completed in Notepad or whatever.

Edited by Such-A-Goonie

12 minutes ago, Elite_Agent_009 said:

Just got the platinum, its a 5/10 on difficulty for me, the only "hard thing" its the nigthmare levels, and the hardest episode its definitely the first one, since its all close quarters, and when the demons start respawning it can get pretty hectic.

Really?

I thought that E4M2 or E4M8 would be the hardest.
Does the trophy only require the first 3 episodes?