Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge

6 minutes ago, neospoon said:

I can't say that I have, I did look at it and wasn't it free with plus couple months ago? If I remember right it's kind of a Souls game?

I am not sure to be honest pal as I haven't played any of the Souls games just heard they are hard. (I do have Bloodborne to play). Literally if you are fighting an enemy a 2nd one can leap in and take you out in 1 hit.

I will say though that so far I am really enjoying it and I would recommend even off the small amount I have done.

• Like 2

On 12/18/2019 at 3:34 PM, Mesopithecus said:

I think on my last update I said I would be playing Death end Re;Quest next, well I got distracted with Tekken 7 for a couple of days and then we had a stormy day so I decided to pick up the Vita and continue on with Revenant Saga.  This is a game I've kind of been on and off with since April, tried picking it up 3 times before and just couldn't get into however it seemed to click with me this time - I may even end up getting Revenant Dogma now.  Some of the later dungeons were a little bit of a pain, especially trying to find the 1 treasure chest I missed -_-  The story wasn't too bad either once I got into it a bit more.

I'm glad to hear Revenant Saga ended up clicking with you this time.  It was a game I thought very charming and actually got me addicted to Kemco games and still remains among my favorites of theirs.  I admit, Revenant Dogma wasn't quite as good as Revenant Saga, but it was pretty fun so it's worth grabbing on sale.  I'd also be happy to give recs for other games by the same dev if you're interested since I have plats in them all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I'm glad to hear Revenant Saga ended up clicking with you this time.  It was a game I thought very charming and actually got me addicted to Kemco games and still remains among my favorites of theirs.  I admit, Revenant Dogma wasn't quite as good as Revenant Saga, but it was pretty fun so it's worth grabbing on sale.  I'd also be happy to give recs for other games by the same dev if you're interested since I have plats in them all.

Recommendations would be amazing, thank you ^_^  I did look through your profile a couple of days ago as I remembered you'd played all of them.  The only ones I have played so far are Revenant Saga and Antiquia Lost, and I own Asdivine Hearts.  

I am hoping that a couple of them will be in the holiday sale that starts today.

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Recommendations would be amazing, thank you ^_^  I did look through your profile a couple of days ago as I remembered you'd played all of them.  The only ones I have played so far are Revenant Saga and Antiquia Lost, and I own Asdivine Hearts.  

I am hoping that a couple of them will be in the holiday sale that starts today.

Asdivine Hearts is pretty good as well.  I honestly liked the whole Asdivine series, but my favorites were Asdivine Hearts, Asdivine Menace and Asdivine Kamura.  Outside of the Asdivine series my favorites were Illusion of L'Phalcia, Alvastia Chronicles and Fernz Gate.  Asdivine Menace and Kamura are still pretty new, so it's probably still going to be a few months before they go on sale.  As far as the Asdivine series goes, you can play either Asdivine Hearts or Asdivine Dios first and since you already own Asdivine Hearts may as well start there.  Menace is a sequel to Dios and Kamura stands alone. 

There are also same games by the same publisher but a different dev that I loved.  Legend of the Tetrarchs and Monochrome Order were really good.  Monochrome Order is the only one that needs multiple playthroughs because there are multiple routes depending on your choices and you'll need to get all endings for the plat, but it's still a reasonable plat.  I finished those up so quickly because I enjoyed them enough to play for hours on end.  These two were definitely my overall favorite Kemco titles.

Overall, the ones I mentioned as favorites were to me good enough that even if they aren't on sale, they're worth buying.  In fact I loved Legend of the Tetrarchs and Monochrome Order enough that I'm considering double dipping and getting the PC versions too.  Everything else is fun and enjoyable but probably better to wait for some sort of a sale even if it's like just 30% off.  I'd only recommend avoiding Frane: Dragon's Odyssey because it is downright terrible and I couldn't delete it fast enough.  Everything else has enough to enjoy that you'll have fun for the 10-20 hours it takes to get the plat even if it's not one of the better games.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Asdivine Hearts is pretty good as well.  I honestly liked the whole Asdivine series, but my favorites were Asdivine Hearts, Asdivine Menace and Asdivine Kamura.  Outside of the Asdivine series my favorites were Illusion of L'Phalcia, Alvastia Chronicles and Fernz Gate.  Asdivine Menace and Kamura are still pretty new, so it's probably still going to be a few months before they go on sale.  As far as the Asdivine series goes, you can play either Asdivine Hearts or Asdivine Dios first and since you already own Asdivine Hearts may as well start there.  Menace is a sequel to Dios and Kamura stands alone. 

There are also same games by the same publisher but a different dev that I loved.  Legend of the Tetrarchs and Monochrome Order were really good.  Monochrome Order is the only one that needs multiple playthroughs because there are multiple routes depending on your choices and you'll need to get all endings for the plat, but it's still a reasonable plat.  I finished those up so quickly because I enjoyed them enough to play for hours on end.  These two were definitely my overall favorite Kemco titles.

Overall, the ones I mentioned as favorites were to me good enough that even if they aren't on sale, they're worth buying.  In fact I loved Legend of the Tetrarchs and Monochrome Order enough that I'm considering double dipping and getting the PC versions too.  Everything else is fun and enjoyable but probably better to wait for some sort of a sale even if it's like just 30% off.  I'd only recommend avoiding Frane: Dragon's Odyssey because it is downright terrible and I couldn't delete it fast enough.  Everything else has enough to enjoy that you'll have fun for the 10-20 hours it takes to get the plat even if it's not one of the better games.

Thanks, that's an incredible amount of information and recommendations ^_^

I believe Alvastia Chronicles is on sale at the moment so I'll grab it up;  I didn't even realize that Legend of Tetrarchs and Monochrome Order were published by Kemco, it doesn't seem they have been talked about as much on the forums.  I'll definitely check them out considering you highly recommended them both.

Have you played Marenian Tavern Story?  That's been on my wanted list to check out for a while

Just editing to add - I went to favorite them on the Store and noticed Legend of the Tetrarchs is currently 35% off, so will grab that up too

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

Thanks, that's an incredible amount of information and recommendations ^_^

I believe Alvastia Chronicles is on sale at the moment so I'll grab it up;  I didn't even realize that Legend of Tetrarchs and Monochrome Order were published by Kemco, it doesn't seem they have been talked about as much on the forums.  I'll definitely check them out considering you highly recommended them both.

Have you played Marenian Tavern Story?  That's been on my wanted list to check out for a while

Just editing to add - I went to favorite them on the Store and noticed Legend of the Tetrarchs is currently 35% off, so will grab that up too

I haven't gotten to Marenian Tavern Story but I do own it.  I know it's a different developer but still published by Kemco and it's definitely one people often forget about since it's not the normal fare.  It's supposed to be longer, like I've heard probably around 50 hours to plat.  I've heard it's more like games like Harvest Moon and Ateiler but have definitely heard good things.  I have yet to see it on sale, but for its length it sounded worth the price.  Honestly I have no issue buying any of them without a sale because $15 is very fair for a 10-20 hour long game.

And yeah, for some reason almost no one seems to talk about the Hit Point Kemco games (Monochrome Order, Legend of the Tetrarchs, Bonds of the Skies and Chronus Arc), but they are all pretty solid with Legend of the Tetrarchs and Monochrome Order being the best.  Thing is, they are also pretty new still and don't have many people who own them still which is sad because they are such good games.  Monochrome Order definitely tried some interesting things and I think it worked very well and even despite the multiple playthroughs being needed it was only about 20 hours because you'll finish up subsequent playthroughs quickly.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 2