Final Fantasy VIII Remastered trophy list revealed

On 8/23/2019 at 9:29 PM, majob said:

That list is really...uninspired. Easy, but uninspired. Would have loved a trophy for winning a TT game with all rules in effect or beating the game without leveling, which is very doable BTW.

No I’m seriously relieved that “no leveling” achievement was nixed in the trophy list! Completely unnecessary to force you to play a freaking RPG without leveling your character, where is the fun in that?!

• Like 4

No Contrived Finish or 10.000 Kills trophies?

What is this? A sensible trophy list for people who don't have 100 hours to waste?

21 minutes ago, cam_wick said:

No I’m seriously relieved that “no leveling” achievement was nixed in the trophy list! Completely unnecessary to force you to play a freaking RPG without leveling your character, where is the fun in that?!

The problem with FFVIII is that the enemeis are actually more difficult the higher your level is.

To me, that's taking all the fun out of the progression because spending time upgrading your character isn't a reward but punishment.

• Like 1

Oh no! I was expecting the Steam achievements... this is so much easier D=.

I was getting ready for a cool ass level 7 run but there is no much point now. I will probably do it that way anyway since it's technically faster (especially for Omega Weapon, unless they reverted it back to how it was on PS1), but not having a trophy for finishing it at initial level kinda sucks =(.

Welp, I will still enjoy the crap out of it. I would at least have wanted it to require all cards.

On 23/08/2019 at 11:47 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

I don't know which is worst, the list or the images. I think i'll have to wait and see the platinum image before buying it

Wait... So you base wether you buy a game or not based on the platinum image? Something that you'll look at once and forget about. That's hilarious ?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, soniq said:

No Contrived Finish or 10.000 Kills trophies?

What is this? A sensible trophy list for people who don't have 100 hours to waste?

The problem with FFVIII is that the enemeis are actually more difficult the higher your level is.

To me, that's taking all the fun out of the progression because spending time upgrading your character isn't a reward but punishment.

Enough with this story, the game is still enjoyable if you level up. If you can't play at level 100, git gud... it's not even hard to "git gud" in this game, actually.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Wait... So you base wether you buy a game or not based on the platinum image? Something that you'll look at once and forget about. That's hilarious 1f602.png

What's hilarious is that i've already explained that, but it seems you're either blind or have the memory of a goldfish

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDevil757 said:

Wait... So you base wether you buy a game or not based on the platinum image? Something that you'll look at once and forget about. That's hilarious ?

Well, I don't find anything wrong with his choice, because he said he would like to add that plat image to his milestone collection (you know what milestones are, right?). So if the image is cool in his opinion he'd buy it dayone and go for the milestone thing, otherwise he'll wait some deals and move on.

For example I choose my milestones by: rarity, description or name, image

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

What's hilarious is that i've already explained that, but it seems you're either blind or have the memory of a goldfish

I am a goldfish. Don't hate on me because I've got a better bowl than you ☹️

2 hours ago, X_Wizi_X said:

Well, I don't find anything wrong with his choice, because he said he would like to add that plat image to his milestone collection (you know what milestones are, right?). So if the image is cool in his opinion he'd buy it dayone and go for the milestone thing, otherwise he'll wait some deals and move on.

For example I choose my milestones by: rarity, description or name, image

Maybe. Apart from the Gravity Rush and Destiny of Spirits trophy images I can't think of any that were good. Maybe bioshock? I don't really care about them tbh.

On 8/23/2019 at 0:02 PM, SkyMason said:

A youtube video? OK then...

anyway list is here https://www.exophase.com/game/final-fantasy-viii-remastered-xbox/achievements/

I wish I could downvote the OP and give you more than one upvote. Thanks for posting what OP should have!!

Anyway, I'll never be able to plat this one because I'll never be able to get the Loser trophy.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

I wish I could downvote the OP and give you more than one upvote. Thanks for posting what OP should have!!

Anyway, I'll never be able to plat this one because I'll never be able to get the Loser trophy.

Wut lol, loss is part of the victory! xD (i.e. you need do lose certain cards on purpose to get all of them and end certain sidequests, you'll reobtain them later)

Edited by Lance_87

22 minutes ago, The_Kopite said:

Anyone know or can work out from the trophy list if there are any quick and easy trophies to grab at the start of the game?

Trophies for getting Shiva,Quezacotl,Ifrit and playing the card game TT (plus one trophy for losing a rare card,maybe Minimog). So 4-5 trophies in the first 30 minutes

• Like 1