TellTale Games Revived

DEI2EK

5 minutes ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

This means;

We will see new trophy lists of old games.

Or they could simply relist the old games...

(and i still don't know if Minecraft Story Mode is really unplayable after the delisting, nobody ever replied with a proper answer)

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

Is Life is Strange Season 2 profitable?  If not, Telltale’s revival may not last that long.

So Telltale's revival depends on a non-Telltale's game? Seriously? -_-

Edited by Lance_87

6 minutes ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

I guess so, that's the best way to make easy money.
Sad but true.

I didn't mean that... i said "relisting" (the old versions)... of course it's "easy money", people will be able to buy them again if they missed them before.

Edited by Lance_87

30 minutes ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

This means;

We will see new trophy lists of old games.

Made me laugh...but I swear if I see another complete season list I'll flip out ?

Good for Telltale tho, no matter what people say about their last games - they definitely deserve another chance.

20 minutes ago, BeTheBesty said:

YAY This is the best news I've seen in like forever!  I adore story games and Telltale.  I'll be spending my pocket money on everything they do as soon as I can save up! lol

Good luck Telltale!  You have our support xoxo

Love is the reason for it all xoxo

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

So Telltale's revival depends on a non-Telltale's game? Seriously? -_-

Referring to the appetite for episodic-based narrative gameplay of course. 

1 hour ago, Martain2 said:

Life is Strange is Square Enix not Telltale.

I realize.  But I believe it to be a good proxy for the market for Telltale games.

Supposidly, the walking dead final season was gonna be the final game using the old engine and the wolf 2 and stranger things teams already moved to unreal or something so i dont think they are going back to that old decrepyt old engine. But hopefully, they learn to slow down and not waste so much money on ips that dont sell. Its not like lego where they have a sucessful toyline as security to offset any losses from a lower selling game. We certainly dont need 3 games a year like they were making in thier later years.

• Like 3

I hope for more game of thrones, I really enjoyed it.

I'm really glad TTG is being reorganized and they're moving forward rather than just holding onto the IPs for decades, it really is a game genre that deserves to stay around

I'm not expecting much out of this tbh. I've already played all of the Telltale game I'm interested in and they only mention "developing new games in its best-selling brands". As far as I understand, the only profitable games Telltale made since becoming big were The Walking Dead and Minecraft Story Mode. Skybound Games have the rights to TWD games now, so I guess we can expect another 10 seasons of Minecraft? That's a hard pass from me... ?

But hey, hopefully I'm wrong about that. I did enjoy playing their games every now and then.

Edited by Undead Wolf

I enjoyed all the Telltale games I played in the ps4 era anyway, except for Minecraft (geared for little kids).

The old Telltale games like Sam Max, etc. were more click and point focused and less narrative based and those were a bit tedious.

4 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

^

It's overpriced, I'll say that much. People were stupid to pay for that game full price, as all $40 was going to get you was the first episode—for a whole 4 month period, a gap of time in which you could have easily earned quadruple+ that amount throughout the various paychecks that would have been earned—of a five episodic game and the rest later over a large amount of time. All 5 episode releases had already been planned to be spread a little over a year. Terrible. Developers like Telltale and Supermassive did a FAR better job here. I'm still surprised TWD:TFS launched at $20, even though it only contained 4 episode... But man the innovation in that game in comparison to their other TWD and non-TWD projects is incredible. There's true gameplay :')

Honestly I was mad at the beginning for waiting 4 months between every episode but every time DONTNOD surprised me, they put so much work into there games and you can go to YT and there’s half hour video on the things you may missed in each ep, when I watched it turns out I missed a lot, so you got to give them some credit here. I rather spend $50 on a high quality game then 20$ on a repetitive story like the walking dead, after season 2 TWD is basically trash in my opinion, I couldn’t even bear finishing the final season after episode 2, the only reason I may play it because of the platinum trophy

That's interesting, guess we'll have to see how it goes.

I've only Played TWD S1 which was great and Tales from the Borderlands that was fun and a really enjoyable experience. But i could see already in Borderlands how some choices were Pretty much the Same result, which for that game being connected to the BL world is fine but for other ones? It's one of the Reasosn i sitll haven't played GoT for example, if no matter the choice the result is a sad one, what's the point? You're not in control and i'm not playing a Novel! 

So Yeah i hope they come back but with some games where your decisions matters like TWD S1 (Can't say for 2-Final Season).

And i would like them to just wait and release the full game too. I don't like this episodic stuff, i don't play 1 episode and wait 2 months for another one, probably after 2 months all the wait and curiosity i had is on some other title. So Yeah a Full 40-50 €/$ Game release would be much better in my opinion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

That's interesting, guess we'll have to see how it goes.

I've only Played TWD S1 which was great and Tales from the Borderlands that was fun and a really enjoyable experience. But i could see already in Borderlands how some choices were Pretty much the Same result, which for that game being connected to the BL world is fine but for other ones? It's one of the Reasosn i sitll haven't played GoT for example, if no matter the choice the result is a sad one, what's the point? You're not in control and i'm not playing a Novel! 

So Yeah i hope they come back but with some games where your decisions matters like TWD S1 (Can't say for 2-Final Season).

And i would like them to just wait and release the full game too. I don't like this episodic stuff, i don't play 1 episode and wait 2 months for another one, probably after 2 months all the wait and curiosity i had is on some other title. So Yeah a Full 40-50 €/$ Game release would be much better in my opinion.

I agree whatever you choose it has the same result in the walking dead or GOT like..

Spoiler

Cutting lee’s arm on the final episode does result the same thing, him dying so I don’t understand why they like to do all of that

same thing with Kenny even tho you save him and forgive him in season 2, at the beginning of the new season (new frontier) he is dead

Telltale should really create a game when your choices do matter, even if it’s more expensive gamers will support them 

Edited by Ackerman_Ievi