DEI2EK

TellTale Games Revived

111 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

This means;

We will see new trophy lists of old games.

 

Or they could simply relist the old games...

 

(and i still don't know if Minecraft Story Mode is really unplayable after the delisting, nobody ever replied with a proper answer)

 

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

Is Life is Strange Season 2 profitable?  If not, Telltale’s revival may not last that long.

 

So Telltale's revival depends on a non-Telltale's game? Seriously? -_-

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

 

Or they could simply relist the old games...

 

(and i still don't know if Minecraft Story Mode is really unplayable after the delisting, nobody ever replied with a proper answer)

I guess so, that's the best way to make easy money.
Sad but true.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YAY This is the best news I've seen in like forever!  I adore story games and Telltale.  I'll be spending my pocket money on everything they do as soon as I can save up! lol

 

Good luck Telltale!  You have our support xoxo

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

I guess so, that's the best way to make easy money.
Sad but true.

 

I didn't mean that... i said "relisting" (the old versions)... of course it's "easy money", people will be able to buy them again if they missed them before.

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

This means;

We will see new trophy lists of old games.

Made me laugh...but I swear if I see another complete season list I'll flip out 🙄

Good for Telltale tho, no matter what people say about their last games - they definitely deserve another chance.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BeTheBesty said:

YAY This is the best news I've seen in like forever!  I adore story games and Telltale.  I'll be spending my pocket money on everything they do as soon as I can save up! lol

 

Good luck Telltale!  You have our support xoxo

Love is the reason for it all xoxo

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

So Telltale's revival depends on a non-Telltale's game? Seriously? -_-

 

Referring to the appetite for episodic-based narrative gameplay of course. 

1 hour ago, Martain2 said:

 

Life is Strange is Square Enix not Telltale.

 

 I realize.  But I believe it to be a good proxy for the market for Telltale games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give me a Jurassic park platinum and it will be my platinum #200 lol

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supposidly, the walking dead final season was gonna be the final game using the old engine and the wolf 2 and stranger things teams already moved to unreal or something so i dont think they are going back to that old decrepyt old engine. But hopefully, they learn to slow down and not waste so much money on ips that dont sell. Its not like lego where they have a sucessful toyline as security to offset any losses from a lower selling game. We certainly dont need 3 games a year like they were making in thier later years.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope TTG will work on The Wolf Among Us 2 and Tales from the Borderlands 2.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't hold my breath, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Tales of Monkey Island sequel and a Tales from the Borderlands sequel 🤞🤞

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I never encountered any problems playing TT games on the PS3, I really do hope they updated their engine. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope for more game of thrones, I really enjoyed it.

 

I'm really glad TTG is being reorganized and they're moving forward rather than just holding onto the IPs for decades, it really is a game genre that deserves to stay around

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be happy with physical releases with everything on disc

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm not expecting much out of this tbh. I've already played all of the Telltale game I'm interested in and they only mention "developing new games in its best-selling brands". As far as I understand, the only profitable games Telltale made since becoming big were The Walking Dead and Minecraft Story Mode. Skybound Games have the rights to TWD games now, so I guess we can expect another 10 seasons of Minecraft? That's a hard pass from me... 😬

 

But hey, hopefully I'm wrong about that. I did enjoy playing their games every now and then.

Edited by Undead Wolf
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get some Star Wars Telltale going. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed all the Telltale games I played in the ps4 era anyway, except for Minecraft (geared for little kids).

 

The old Telltale games like Sam Max, etc. were more click and point focused and less narrative based and those were a bit tedious.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

 

^

 

 

It's overpriced, I'll say that much. People were stupid to pay for that game full price, as all $40 was going to get you was the first episode—for a whole 4 month period, a gap of time in which you could have easily earned quadruple+ that amount throughout the various paychecks that would have been earned—of a five episodic game and the rest later over a large amount of time. All 5 episode releases had already been planned to be spread a little over a year. Terrible. Developers like Telltale and Supermassive did a FAR better job here. I'm still surprised TWD:TFS launched at $20, even though it only contained 4 episode... But man the innovation in that game in comparison to their other TWD and non-TWD projects is incredible. There's true gameplay :')

Honestly I was mad at the beginning for waiting 4 months between every episode but every time DONTNOD surprised me, they put so much work into there games and you can go to YT and there’s half hour video on the things you may missed in each ep, when I watched it turns out I missed a lot, so you got to give them some credit here. I rather spend $50 on a high quality game then 20$ on a repetitive story like the walking dead, after season 2 TWD is basically trash in my opinion, I couldn’t even bear finishing the final season after episode 2, the only reason I may play it because of the platinum trophy

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's interesting, guess we'll have to see how it goes.

 

I've only Played TWD S1 which was great and Tales from the Borderlands that was fun and a really enjoyable experience. But i could see already in Borderlands how some choices were Pretty much the Same result, which for that game being connected to the BL world is fine but for other ones? It's one of the Reasosn i sitll haven't played GoT for example, if no matter the choice the result is a sad one, what's the point? You're not in control and i'm not playing a Novel! 

 

So Yeah i hope they come back but with some games where your decisions matters like TWD S1 (Can't say for 2-Final Season).

 

And i would like them to just wait and release the full game too. I don't like this episodic stuff, i don't play 1 episode and wait 2 months for another one, probably after 2 months all the wait and curiosity i had is on some other title. So Yeah a Full 40-50 €/$ Game release would be much better in my opinion.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

That's interesting, guess we'll have to see how it goes.

 

I've only Played TWD S1 which was great and Tales from the Borderlands that was fun and a really enjoyable experience. But i could see already in Borderlands how some choices were Pretty much the Same result, which for that game being connected to the BL world is fine but for other ones? It's one of the Reasosn i sitll haven't played GoT for example, if no matter the choice the result is a sad one, what's the point? You're not in control and i'm not playing a Novel! 

 

So Yeah i hope they come back but with some games where your decisions matters like TWD S1 (Can't say for 2-Final Season).

 

And i would like them to just wait and release the full game too. I don't like this episodic stuff, i don't play 1 episode and wait 2 months for another one, probably after 2 months all the wait and curiosity i had is on some other title. So Yeah a Full 40-50 €/$ Game release would be much better in my opinion.

I agree whatever you choose it has the same result in the walking dead or GOT like..

Spoiler

Cutting lee’s arm on the final episode does result the same thing, him dying so I don’t understand why they like to do all of that

 

same thing with Kenny even tho you save him and forgive him in season 2, at the beginning of the new season (new frontier) he is dead

 

Telltale should really create a game when your choices do matter, even if it’s more expensive gamers will support them 

Edited by Ackerman_Ievi
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I can get more Wolf Among Us, I am absolutely down with this! That is by far the best story and plot of any TellTale game and I was so disappointed the sequel was never finished. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so glad there back, even if it's not in the same way as before. A lot of there games I really enjoyed and i was sad when they went bankrupt. 

 

Let's hope they have greater success this time around. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.