What game will you never get a platinum for?

Winterkill-

For me it would be Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe. I failed to get the online trophies before server closure and it is entirely my fault. However, that will not keep me from crying about it all the time lmao also with Hitman: Absolution, but to a lesser extent. As for an actual game that I can possibly do but will most likely never is Crash Bandicoot. The High Road drove my frustration to the max.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, another one: Yakuza Kiwami. Because of the car chase alone. Considering how much I struggled with that even when temp-lowering difficulty to Easy I'm not putting myself through that on Legend (and the fact that there's an entire boss section right before it that I'd have to replay over and over and over since there's no save point between that and car chase really doesn't help, just can't be bothered having to do that again every time)

Superbeat Xonic is something I don't see myself beating either, at best I might go back one day just to gradually grind out the rest of the 1000 plays needed (at 700something now)

And not a plat, but I most likely will never 100% Squares because of one buggy level that it's impossible getting the trophy requirement rank on

Edited by Zanreo

On 4/24/2020 at 10:00 AM, Ac3dUd3- said:

Batman Arkham Asylum on both PS3 and PS4. Dont know why but I just cant do the combat trophies :(

On 4/24/2020 at 10:00 AM, Cryogenicide_X said:

I actually found the combat challenges easier than the predator challenges. 

I have no problem with stuff like Brutality 101 in Batman: Arkham Knight. Hell it wouldn't bother me to do the combat challenges in Arkham Asylum again, even though they were more difficult than the ones in Arkham City.

It's the predator challenges I have problems with. Top of the World (Extreme) is NOT FUN.

• Like 1

I know this isn't exactly a game with platinum that I will never get since I'm technically still working on it, but my platinum for Super Bomberman R is contingent on unlocking the trophy for one million blocks destroyed and it's gotten to the point where I'd rather be playing anything else. Just gotta keep grinding it out a few hours a day and then I'll get there eventually! :) 

If considering 100%s that I'll never earn either, I would have to throw out the 100% for Nidhogg 2 purely because I will never get the trophy for dominating every single match in a run through the arcade mode due to how random the AI can be. 

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

I have no problem with stuff like Brutality 101 in Batman: Arkham Knight. Hell it wouldn't bother me to do the combat challenges in Arkham Asylum again, even though they were more difficult than the ones in Arkham City.

It's the predator challenges I have problems with. Top of the World (Extreme) is NOT FUN.

Predator challenges have youtube videos you can copy to get almost exactly the same outcome, you cant copy a combat challenge :(

Besides the ones with closed severs so I can't get the online trophies in they would be.

• Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled: due to Time Trial Mode, thought to clear Nefarious Tropy's times but until Blizzard Bluff, now I just play it for fun or then a new character/s is out.

• Mortal Kombat(2011): due to You Found Me!. Damn that trophy still thanks to the severs being closed I can plat X and 11(then I get it) without feeling bad for not getting 9's Platinum.

• Street Fighter IV: Challenge Mode.

• Super Street Fighter IV: Nope, never.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lawless_Llama said:

I know this isn't exactly a game with platinum that I will never get since I'm technically still working on it, but my platinum for Super Bomberman R is contingent on unlocking the trophy for one million blocks destroyed and it's gotten to the point where I'd rather be playing anything else. Just gotta keep grinding it out a few hours a day and then I'll get there eventually! :)

That Power Rangers game on your list is pretty daunting, and it doesn't have many game owners.

MGS2: love the game, but not enough to complete all the VR missions and snake tales. 

Project Diva x: I can't be assed to keep grinding the same songs over and over, and the song list is pretty crappy compared to the other miku games. 

GTA V: I'm locked out of a few trophies because of wrong choices I made during the story, I played the game for enjoyment rather than for the trophies. It can stay that way too

Tetris Effect: I play now and then when I feel like a wind down. Maybe I'll try to platinum it one day but it's a low priority 

Control: Just hated it full stop. The awful load times and the dreadful navigation just killed this game for me.

Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold is definitely the game that's taking that unobtainable plat for me. I've done most of the challenges for the sake of understanding every character better, but even then, I can't find a single character to actually nail down for EVERY challenge. The Challenge 30 combos are ridiculous to figure out, and I have to do three of them for all the DLC characters for a total 100% (still need all 30 challenges for the main game, and Adachi is the easiest of the bunch). My PS3 controller is having difficulty actually reading my inputs in every game now too, which is a fighting game's worst enemy. As buying a new PS3 controller in 2020 is exceptionally rare, I might never ever find myself finishing it. If not that game, probably Metal Gear Solid 4. I just can't bring myself to go back through that game so many times, but it'd be a pretty nice thing to show off.

On 29/04/2020 at 8:45 PM, talespagni said:

Hey, I'm an old geezer as well, this card won't work in our table! hahaha

Seriously though, I didn't even remember that part of the game you spoke of, I had to look it on YT.

And tell you what, there are way more difficult parts than this one: the start of chapter 5, the last chapter, for example.

The game is amazing, hugely underrated and I'd say, a top 20/25 PS3 game.

You deserve to get this platinum. Go and do your part, man!

And remember to put some oil on those old joints, to faster your reflexes. Like I always do!

Well thank you for the encouragement, I may go at it again but I think I have over 100 games in my library I haven't even installed yet. Damn those PSN sales...

Agreed on the game itself,  I would put it in my top 10-15 all time. I didn't know much about it when I bought it, but it became clear a couple hours in that this not just another shooter. Very underrated and I am soooooo hoping for a remaster. 

(My first console was a ColecoVision I conned my Mom into buying in 1985! ?)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cthulu-72 said:

Well thank you for the encouragement, I may go at it again but I think I have over 100 games in my library I haven't even installed yet. Damn those PSN sales...

Agreed on the game itself,  I would put it in my top 10-15 all time. I didn't know much about it when I bought it, but it became clear a couple hours in that this not just another shooter. Very underrated and I am soooooo hoping for a remaster. 

(My first console was a ColecoVision I conned my Mom into buying in 1985! 1f3ae.png)

I didn't think the game was that hard. You have to utilize when it was best to use your two teammates.

The difficult spike for me was when one of your teammates was captured, and you had to go and rescue him who he ended up dead anyway.

Mainly due to being particularly dumb, I likes me some MMOs. So my top two "probably never going to get" platinums are from MMOs.

TROVE - A vast majority of TROVE is know how, where and what to farm and then having the will to go through all of it. I'm stuck up against the final trophy I need, which is for PVP. PVP in TROVE is....creative I guess is the word. Normal PVP how you'd imagine it to be is still available if you can find the people and the item needed to start it, but otherwise you're stuck doing Bomber Royal. It's not that Bomber Royal is hard, it's more that the entire mode is slanted against you, nothing you do in the rest of the game can influence your chances and it a large number of player confirmed glitches that the new devs refuse to acknowledge. There has been talk about eventually making EXP earned in this mode double for the old battle EXP meter (which would simply things greatly) but....I'll believe it when I see it.

ESO - Again, it's mostly the PVP stuff. This one I can't blame on the game, it's mostly all laziness from me. There is an easier way to do all of them and that's find a PVP guild and pay them lots and lots of gold for a carry. Or, I guess, getting a twink group together, but that assumes the group will stay committed for the time needed.

I think I will never get the plat in these games:

• The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  • Trackmania Turbo
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 
  • Resident Evil Code: Veronica X

All of these games I find ultimately hard. Unfortunately the first two games in this list are only in my profile because a friend started them on my account while I was asleep.  Guess I should have informed him about my trophy hunting disease before...

Edited by Solid-Fisch

Hoo boy, this will be a list:

Any telltale game: The story may be nice, but there's barely any gameplay to speak of

Any fighting game: The only fighting game I've ever tried (Super street fighter IV) basically traumatised me with that boss, Seth, I believe i was, who would destroy me on the easiest difficulty

Fallout 4: I'm not touching that game ever again, probably

Minecraft: This one has gameplay, but I just can't get into it.

Final Fantasy VII (not the remastered): I'm already stuck, like 5 hours in.

Both Motorstorm games: More of a simulation racer

Gran Turismo 5: Despite being damn near impossible, I missed 1 of 2 online trophies. Probably the easiest one on the list too.

Need for Speed Payback: The game glitched on me in the endgame, and I'm not committed enough to go through that again.

Dirt Rally: This is for people whose skill level I will never reach.

Supercar Challenge: The game is broken

Motorcycle club: I would, if I could find another masochist willing to endure this.

MotoGP13: A split-screen trophy where both have to be good. Not happening.

Harry potter and the Deathly hallows part 2: I've learned my lesson from part 1. Still going to plat that one.

Driveclub bikes, Burnout paradise: Because I wasted too much time, and now the servers are down.

• 3 years later...