What game will you never get a platinum for?

Winterkill-

• 7 months later...

I don't have these games, but Atari Flashback Classics Vol 2 and Atari Flashback Classics Vol 3 would come pretty close to breaking me and I would probably throw in the towel if I were going for those platinums.

The problem is a lot of these old games just don't have all that good of game design. The arcade games are most certainly the best and hold up much better than the vast majority of games on the Atari 2600.

I've read my share of history regarding the infamous ET game that was on Atari and the video game crash that followed. It looked like the industry was sunk until Nintendo stepped in and released the NES.

So in regards to the trophies they are absolutely brutal. I like challenges that have good design and good controls, like with Vanquish and it's challenges. The problem is these Atari games are completely unfair, you feel like you're fighting the game rather than having it be your lack of skill preventing you from overcoming the challenge.

I Am Bread is another game I would likely skip out on getting the platinum for if I ever decide to get it.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 3:56 AM, SlimSanta94 said:

I'd probably say Street Fighter IV/Super Street Fighter IV.. Those character trials are just ridiculous.

I'd also say Crypt Of The Necrodancer maybe.. I'm very close to beating Coda but All characters low% just seems intimidating to me currently, it's not something I really want to grind 6 months straight for haha. I'm struggling to motivate myself to beat Coda now let alone all characters.

OMG YES!! SFIV Sigh!!

Taiko no Tatsujin Drum Session: I love Taiko, but 10000+ consecutive combo on Extreme songs... rated 8☆  or higher? I can barely CLEAR most of them, so... (And apparently you can't even savescum for this but have to do it all in one bootup?)

Crypt of the Necrodancer: Yeah, I'm not even gonna attempt this one... the fact that it only has 6 platinum achievers after 4 years (on this site, but still) should tell you something

Most likely DJMAX Respect too - some of those missions are just... no. nope, I give up

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 2

This old transformers game on pa3 requires you to be on the top of the leader board in certain online things and the servers are offline

On 4/17/2020 at 9:45 AM, Nekomancer_11 said:

Sims 4 - this game is too boring for me to play this any longer than for 30 min...

There's a way to get the platinum in 90 minutes

On 9/13/2019 at 7:41 AM, SukkarPunch said:

MK vs. DC Universe.

I would love to take on this game, so as to then have every MK platinum. However, the servers were unfortunately taken down a few years ago, rendering the online trophies permanently unobtainable.

same. I got that game as a birthday present cause I thought it looked cool. Didn't even consider checking the trophies first

• Like 1

Killzone 2 & 3. Had I known back in 2016-17 their servers were going to be closed, I would've bought The Trilogy as I wanted to. I considered buying The Trilogy back in January 2018, but due to a trip I wasn't going to be home until February, however after checking the insanely amount of scores to reach earn "Valor Grand Cross" trophy of Killzone 2, I decided not to go for it. I will buy the games if they get remastered for PS4/5 though, specially if they don't have mp trophies.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (PS3). I didn't purchase the game nor it's DLC. Again, had I known about Marvel stupid licensing, I may have bought the DLC before it was delisted the first or the second time. Hopefully the PS4 bundle will be back on PS Store some day, otherwise I may buy a code from Amazon.

Transformers: War for Cybertron, and Fall of Cybertron. Competitive multiplayer trophies discouraged me from buying the games, I would've bought them if they were co-op only. Hopefully these game will be remastered for current/next generation consoles some day.

Grand Theft Auto IV. I considered buying the game some years ago but the insane amount of online grinding plus the state of the servers discouraged me from purchasing it. If the game is ever release without the mp portion on current/next gen consoles, I might buy it.

Dragon Fin Soup. It has glitched trophies.

Singularity, and Binary Domain. Again, their mp trophies discouraged me. 

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

Ok so this is more of a 100%, but...

The fucking playroom

I swear to god for whatever fucking reason the game is locked and I can’t get it from the store. I have tried everything (restoring my licenses, making my PS4 the primary PS4 on all of the accounts I have on mine, etc)

Wolfenstein 2. I look at that trophy list on my account almost every single day, and for the life of me I just cannot muster up the willpower to start it again. The courtroom on Normal killed me about a dozen times how the hell am I gonna do it flawless and the entire rest of the game on two difficulties higher?!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Most likely DJMAX Respect too - some of those missions are just... no. nope, I give up

Buy some DLCs and with average skills, it's super easy. If you need one, pick Trilogy for AI battle and grab another DLC for more missions, Clazziquai should do the trick. Don't feel bad if you are one of those who never buy DLC, these DLC are worth your money if you love the game.

Edited by Katt

At this rate I feel like I should say Wolfenstein: Youngblood due solely to the mind numbing grind you have to go through to get it post-game. Spinoff games shouldn't require this much pointless grinding, just look at Uncharted: The Lost Legacy for a perfect example of a great spinoff trophy list. But alas, I'm sure I'll commit one day... ?

Right now I'm more focused on online trophies as I hate the idea of servers closing and being cut off from 100% completion. 

Now if only The Last of Us Remastered will let me download the damn Factions map pack ?

• Like 1

Outside of server closures I would say...

Wolfenstein 2 - Kudos to those who achieved Mein Leben legitimately, you're better then most.

The Elder Scrolls Online - Become Emperor in Cyrodiil PvP, yeah nah not happening.

Wipeout Omega Collection - ran out of talent, could squeeze more out of it but not platinum

• Like 2

Many games. I'm a trophy hunter as everyone here, but i am not gonna suffer for a trophy. If i have to spend hundreds of hours on a game i don't like just for the platinum, then i won't get it. It is different with, for example, Wolfenstein II. I love the game, so i want to play more and beat the game on the highest difficulty to show i can do it. But i wouldn't if i hate the game.

• Like 4

To be honest, I can't say I will never get the platinum for any of the games I've currently played.  Some are definitely way at the bottom of my list to make another attempt at, but I have no unobtainable trophies so I will someday go for 100%.  It just will take a very long time because Sparkle Unleashed and Zuma are luck based nightmares and I'm terrible at Muramasa Rebirth and God of War (PS3).

9 hours ago, Katt said:

Buy some DLCs and with average skills, it's super easy. If you need one, pick Trilogy for AI battle and grab another DLC for more missions, Clazziquai should do the trick. Don't feel bad if you are one of those who never buy DLC, these DLC are worth your money if you love the game.

I already got all the DLCs(well, all the ones with their own trophies), but even with those extra missions I can't reach even the 30 missions trophies (though I'm at 27, so... close?) Pretty sure I have "average skills" (not GREAT, but at least decent) when it comes to rhythm games too so "super easy" would be a matter of opinion.

Then, aside from missions there's the full combo 10+ difficulty trophy... while I might manage with tons of practise for one song at a time for most of those, that's the point where it just gets more exhausting than fun for me.  ...Still go back to the game now and then to try working a little bit more towards the trophies

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 9:15 PM, Salt_AU said:

Wolfenstein 2 - Kudos to those who achieved Mein Leben legitimately, you're better then most.

Without the glitches?

It's impressive regardless if people used glitches or not. Would definitely help if you can skip those cutscenes, really aggravating to see that woman's head get cut off each time.

• Like 1

Madden NFL 18. The full set trophy won't pop and I've gone through every team multiple times in different game modes. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix the glitch I'd be happy to listen.

Also Friday the 13th, I get hardly any spare time lately and I can't see myself boosting the Jason matches. Even with a second PS4 to speed it up it would have me spend the little spare time I have on it constantly.

It looks increasingly likely that Batman: Arkham Knight wil stay at 98% for me due to Brutality 101. And before you start about me watching videos, that I can split the combo between gadgets and moves, that I just need to practice, that I can ask someone on SharePlay... man, I tried all of those things (well, except for SharePlay now that I think about it) and still no dice.

I suspect that I'd have to dedicate 10 hours or more just memorizing the combos and building muscle memory just for that one trophy. I may do it, I may not do it but every time I've tried since I deleted the game two years ago, I lost patience after a while, got angry, and uninstalled the game. It bothers me but hey, there are worse things in the world.

Legend of Kay Anniversary Edition on PS3

Was literally right at the end of the game, was set to get the plat and everything, then I get a game breaking bug where a chest with a key needed to open the door to the final boss (if memory serves) didn't spawn. Tried reloading my save, restarting the console, re-downloading my save from the cloud, but nothing worked. It never spawned.

Still annoys me to this day. It was kind of a crap game anyway, but it just feels all the worse that it kinda feels that I wasted my time even playing it to begin with when I could never even finish it.

Other than that, there's plenty of games I can never be bothered to get the platinum for, that's most of my games actually. There's been a few I've gotten close to but I just end up getting too bored and/or frustrated to continue.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

On 9/4/2019 at 2:49 AM, Killbomb said:

First one that comes to mind is Red Dead Redemption 2. Way too much tedium involved in that Platinum. Someday I need to go back and just finish the story without worrying about trophies. 

I love trophies and I'm quite addicted to them but I won't make myself miserable getting a Platinum. If I'm not having fun anymore, I move on. 

Thats exactly what im doing at the moment. Got the game on release and the trophies were putting me off for over a year. Got that out my head and thought im missing out on a fantastic game here. So decided to crack on with it and lets see how many trophies i end up getting

• Like 1