SteelBook Edition Games

TrophyChief

I steelbook as many blu ray/4k movies and ps4 games in my collection as I can.  

I actually just got the batman arkham collection steelbook and AC3 remastered (ridiculously expensive) steelbook recently.

Been looking for an assassin's creed anthology one in good condition 

My problem is I really only like the G2 (ps4/bluray) size

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Corrosivescott said:

I love looking at all these pictures of steelbooks. I went and rounded up all mine to share as well... I put 15 in each picture so I could tell you all which ones are my favorite ones.

EH8Y9uIX4AEymIm?format=jpg&name=4096x409

So in this one above... The RE7 and Ghost Recon are my favorite in this batch

EH8Y9uHXYAAUzLN?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Final Fantasy XII from the CE on the top right

EH8Y9uIWoAAyzja?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Star Ocean 5 and Skyrim

EH8Y9uNXkAEb0NF?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I love the UC4, but I was so happy to find a physical of Thomas was alone

EH8ZH1rWoAAEzDf?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ether one here was so excited to see it had a Steelbook

EH8ZH2eXUAESGO8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Halo Wars hands down I loved that one since the day I seen that Limited Edition 

EH8ZH3UX4AACcJm?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Oh man I don't even know where to start here... Splinter Cell, Doom 3, New Colossus, Breakpoint, Primal, & FC5

EH8ZIGsWsAArPoz?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Nothing here to say, but... simply ALL OF THEM lol

EH8ZRzkX0AAuDi-?format=jpg&name=4096x409

It is the same here these are some of my TOP Favorites!!!

EH8ZR0WW4AACeDU?format=jpg&name=4096x409

And finally the last 16 these are the best of the best out of my 151 steelbooks here and the small amount of Switch ones I have collected. 

Hope everyone enjoys these and I can not wait to see others. I all ready have a running list of new steelbooks to hunt down from the short time this topic has been up. :) 

Hot damn! Loved seeing the collection man. I see you also have a large collection of standard PS4 games in the background. ? Where do you find yours mostly after release?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Hot damn! Loved seeing the collection man. I see you also have a large collection of standard PS4 games in the background. 1f600.png Where do you find yours mostly after release?

I buy a lot of them new mostly. I wait for sales on some of the ones I miss due to lack of money.

Yea about to hit 900 total PS4 physical games. (that was the goal for the Year) 

• Like 1

I wasn't familiar with steelbook cases until I got the Prestige Edition for Black Ops, which came with a pretty cool one.

More recently, I've obtained Persona 5 and Borderlands 3. P5's is very sharp and stylish, but BL3's is especially gorgeous in person.

The look and feel of a steelbook is just really nice, I like them a lot.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Corrosivescott said:

Snip

Image result for great googa mooga gif"

Not gonna lie I'm going to hunt down some of the steelbooks I see in your list now. Some are already in my list of ones to look for and buy when I can.

Uncharted 3

Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Assassin's Creed Unity, Assassin's Creed III

Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2

Jump Force

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

SAO Hollow Realization

Strange Brigade

Kingdom Hearts

Storm Legacy

Dragon Age: Origins 

I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of at the moment. xD 

• Like 1

@Corrosivescott Great collection!!

And I end learning about several that I didn't even knew that existed (+ thanks to remind me again that Valkyria Chronicles got a Steelbook, really annoyed by not having it in my collection..). 

Edit:

@AJ_-_808 You just made me notice that I forgot to list AC Antology on my list.. Was lucky to find one used in nearly perfect conditions a while ago. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Let's have a discussion around steel book edition games. I've been looking in expanding my collection to include PS exclusive games. Most PlayStation triple A game releases have steel book cases (Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Uncharted 4, Days Gone, Spider-Man, etc.), but not all (Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, PS4 Ratchet & Clank, Knack, etc.) . I already pre-ordered The Last of Us Part 2 and Death Stranding steel book cases for their upcoming releases. 1f600.png I have a few other steel books cases for some third party games such as a couple of Assassin's Creed, Tomb Raider, and Resident Evil games.

Do you have any steel book cases for your games? Do you like them? Why or why not? Why do you think some publishers/devs decide to release steel books for some of their games and not others? Catering to the collectors or a chance to make more money or both?

I have three. Dragon Age: Origins, Persona 5, and Final Fantasy XII (PS4).

DA:O was kind of an impulse buy - I wanted to get that game day 1, but only the special edition (steelbook, cloth map, golem DLC) was available when I got it, so I bought it.

Persona 5 was just on the shelf at Target. It was the same price as the regular release, so I bought it.

Final Fantasy XII had been out for some time. I was disgusted at the absurd $49.99 asking price, but I checked a local Target, and lo and behold, they had the steel case for $14.99 on clearance. Naturally, I snapped it up.

Generally, I don't care much for them. I don't like "special editions" and the like. But if I can get them for no premium over the normal release (or, in the case of FFXII, at a huge discount), I jump on it.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Edit:

@AJ_-_808 You just made me notice that I forgot to list AC Antology on my list.. Was lucky to find one used in nearly perfect conditions a while ago. 

I came close to finding one in decent condition, but it turned out to be g1.  If I'm not mistaken, it comes in both sizes? Is yours g1 or g2?

Edited by AJ_-_808

i have:

Gears 4

Gears 5

Dark Souls 3

Kingdom Hearts 3

Final fantasy XII

Final fantasy XV

Borderlands 3

Shadow of the Tomb raider 

Yakuza Kiwami

Yakuza Kiwami 2

Persona 5

Trails of Cold Steel 1 (art is amazing)

Trails of Cold Steel 2 (art is amazing)

Red Dead Redemption 2

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice 

i will be getting Death Stranding steelbook as well. If star wars jedi deluxe is a steelbook then that as well. And ofc Last of 2 will be.

EDIT: forgot a few. they're added now

Edited by LegacyJKO09
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Still salty that, like with other games, Europe got various Until Dawn editions (including the one with steelbook) as well as PSN avatars.

Yeah, I’m noticing that other regions than my own have steelbooks and other goodies I want. I guess we can jump online and find a seller who is willing to depart from one but has to be a fair price.

2 hours ago, Venocide said:

And I'm jealous of that Nier steelbook you have 1f60d.png cheapest I can find is £90 lol 

I actually forgot to pre-order that one and went to the store on release day to try to find one.. Got really lucky, and it's really an awesome steelbook art, that's for sure! 

4 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I came close to finding one in decent condition, but it turned out to be g1.  If I'm not mistaken, it comes in both sizes? Is yours g1 or g2?

G1 is bigger than regular box, and G2 is regular steelbook box size? 

I think mine is the regular size (my collection is on my house, but I only go there at weekends). I'm not sure if there's another version, but mine is the big box collector's edition. 

This one

81UaKl0GEfL._SX342_.jpg

On the same store they have another of those steelbooks, but no big box, not sure why, maybe the owner didn't sell everything? 

All my steelbooks are the same size, I will take photos of them next weekend. 

Actually the size of the steelbook was one of the reasons why I skip buying a copy of Black Flag Skull edition used (the fact that was 32€ for an old game of a franchise that I got burnt out didn't help.. Since I did pay the same for original release of Atelier Escha and Logy used recently..).

By the way, the Dark Souls trilogy steelbook isn't available in EU? I did look for it for a bit, but never found it.. 

15 hours ago, Redgrave said:

In hindsight I kind of wish I got the Force Unleashed II's steelbook but I guess I didn't know about it at the time. Did your Ultimate Sith Edition come with a card by the way? Mine came with a Hoth Apprentice card and apparently it's number 8 out of 10 of them you can collect but I never went out of my way to get more.

It didn't come with the cards, sadly. ;( I don't know why but, I'm fairly happy with the steelbook because it was nearly much harder to find them. 

Oh, holy shit, just look at these photo of steelbook collection! I would've had more of these steelbook games if I was not decided to get more than 25 movie steelbooks but I love movies. A bit of off topic, I have Ghost in the Shell (1995), The Matrix, The Lord of the Rings, all of STAR WARS films except of Rogue One, which I did not get it quickly because it sold out pretty fast and in next few days, and the price raised rapidly. So yeah, bummer, but the two movies I know were significantly difficult to get were “A L I E N”, and “ALIENS” steelbook blu-ray and it took me nearly a half of the year to get them.

20191009_094808.jpg

I've preordered The Last of Us Part II SE and I think it'll come with the steelbook so that’s next one I will add to my collection. Just wanted to say, this is such awesome OP, there’s always interesting story behind every steelbook anyone received. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Spider-Man

Damn, I feel sad that the PS4 Pro only came with the regular case. I love having steelcases. The only ones I have thus far are Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Black Ops II, III, and 4. Definitely want more. 

Forgot I have steelbook for Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy

Edited by ArmoredSnowman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I actually forgot to pre-order that one and went to the store on release day to try to find one.. Got really lucky, and it's really an awesome steelbook art, that's for sure! 

G1 is bigger than regular box, and G2 is regular steelbook box size? 

G1 (Generation 1) is dvd sized case, larger.

G2 is bluray sized case

1 minute ago, MiloFPS said:

Here is mine. Not very impressive, but I don't go out of my way to collect them.

Edit: I don't know how to post a picture. I drag the file and nothing. 

You need to host it on some hosting site, then copy the link. 

Try Google "free image hosting" 

Just now, AJ_-_808 said:

G1 (Generation 1) is dvd sized case, larger.

G2 is bluray sized case

Ok, then it's G2 size for sure. 

The Black Flag Skull edition is like a big fat G2 (not DVD or Blu-ray size).