Death Stranding Trophy List Revealed?

SolidNinjaSnake

1 minute ago, Mr_Pound_of_Life said:

For me it's 300 hours +. 

I gave up because it's not fun to do the same stupid missions again and again. 

Play and enjoy the story and when you're life's to boring go for the platinum. Respect to all that go for the platinum, it's a long long long way. lol

Have you actually put in 250+ hours into the game? Because some people really just toss around random hours when they list how many they've put into games.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, LazyJournalist said:

Why should somebody skip games like this because of trophy list? If it's indeed grindy, completionists could simply play it on a different account which isn't a big deal, i guess. Not going to platinum it doesn't mean not playing it at all.

The only reason I would ever skip a game would be if it has unobtainable trophies and no workaround to get them.

Skipping a game because of grind is such a lame excuse since you can always play something else and then come back once in a while lol

• Like 4

I expect this game to be around the 100-150hr mark for the plat. The trophy list kind of eludes to it with the delivery aspect labelled trophies, so you could probably expect alot of traversing about to attain the trophies required outside of the story. From what I have seen, which probably like others isn’t alot, it doesn't look overly fast paced either so off the back of B3, W:Youngblood and MW 2019 which I have played recently (yes all very different to DS), it will probably feel like a longer game aswell. I am intrigued by it I must admit and being a trophy hunter, the list doesn't bother me really in that it won’t put me off playing it, because if you are interested in a game and want to try it out, just go for it, if you pop a trophy well why not carry on and try and get the rest, if not, don’t worry about it. ;) 

• Like 2

I'm still right in the middle of the fence about this game but a 100+ hour Plat, especially one that looks to be filled with tedium, might very well cause me to not get it. Now if I was certain I wanted to play a game, I would get it regardless of the trophies but this is a situation where the trophies can make or break my decision. 

9 hours ago, LazyJournalist said:

Why should somebody skip games like this because of trophy list? If it's indeed grindy, completionists could simply play it on a different account which isn't a big deal, i guess. Not going to platinum it doesn't mean not playing it at all.

My response is not targeted at you or your profile, but this is precisely why completionists have the "bad" (I guess?) reputation of only putting games on their main that they know they can complete. I have nothing against using secondary accounts (I just don't do it myself), and there are many legitimate reasons for doing so. Nothing wrong with not completing games, just don't call yourself a completionist. 

Back on topic, I wasn't really interested in this game before, and in all honesty even after watching some gameplay (and independent of the review scores), I don't know if this is something I will enjoy... The landscape might be breathtaking and all, but after playing Red Dead Redemption 2, which had spectacular scenery as well, I think these kind of games might be a bit too slow-paced for me nowadays. Might keep an eye on what people think though :) 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Emina said:

I can understand that, sometimes life has people very busy yet their favourite hobby is gaming/trophy hunting. If they don’t have time, they’d choose short platinums.

I also empathise with gamers who complain about grind. It’s no joke going for a 200+ hour plat. The grind can make you despise a game.

I hope everyone worried about anything written in this thread, at the very least, experiences the story. I can’t wait!

Well said.

Sure, in the past I've gunned for games with low completion rates to challenge myself but I think I'd REALLY have to love a game to go for platinum of a game that could take over 200 hours. There are just too many games releasing in small time frames for me to put that kind of time into a single title.

6 hours ago, Arcesius said:

My response is not targeted at you or your profile, but this is precisely why completionists have the "bad" (I guess?) reputation of only putting games on their main that they know they can complete. I have nothing against using secondary accounts (I just don't do it myself), and there are many legitimate reasons for doing so. Nothing wrong with not completing games, just don't call yourself a completionist. 

Oof. Now you got me pondering if I can ever call myself a completionist. ?

Edited by GameMatter
  • Like 4

I’m excited to play something different. I know it’s very early, but can anyone with early access say whether or not there are any missable trophies? Wouldn’t want to embark on this massive grind (I pre-ordered so I will be playing right away) only to find out I might miss something unintentionally. 

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 1

So Hakoom has tweeted saying:

3/10 difficulty platinum.

150 to platinum, less if a guide is used.

He had trouble with 1 trophy, which was to 5 star every relation (it's a translated video, so unsure on exact specifics of this one).

No missable trophies.

Play on Hard from the start (game isn't too hard, and it seems it'll cut down on time as there's a trophy for doing 80 quests with S rating on hard).

Link - https://twitter.com/psnHakoom/status/1192102438179921920?s=19

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, no6uzi_640 said:

So Hakoom has tweeted saying:

3/10 difficulty platinum.

150 to platinum, less if a guide is used.

He had trouble with 1 trophy, which was to 5 star every relation (it's a translated video, so unsure on exact specifics of this one).

No missable trophies.

Play on Hard from the start (game isn't too hard, and it seems it'll cut down on time as there's a trophy for doing 80 quests with S rating on hard).

Link - https://twitter.com/psnHakoom/status/1192102438179921920?s=19

80 quest on hard difficulty with S rating? So, basically, it means the game has trophy for difficulty, right? 

Edited by LazyJournalist

On 04/11/2019 at 4:39 PM, XLordXNightmareX said:

Master Builder                                                            

Bronze

Build at least one type of structure

Think I need my eyes testing, at first glance I read 'Master Builder' as something else lmfao

Onto thread, can see this being a very long plat, imagine with the 'craft all available equipment', I mean imagine if MGSV had a trophy for crafting everything

Im going easy difficulty on old account. Not playing on my main and not getting plat, unless I spend hours on it, work out a efficient way and then move across

Edited by Optinooby

1 hour ago, LazyJournalist said:

80 quest on hard difficulty with S rating? So, basically, it means the game has trophy for difficulty, right? 

Yh seems that way according to Hakoom.

Think the story trophies aren't related to difficulty from what I can gather, but until the hidden trophies are revealed, can't be 100% sure.

Looks like a long grind that will scare away most people from getting 100% platinum. Good, it will only make the trophy ultra rare for the rest of us willing to go for it. Red Dead Redemption 2 was long too but one platinum that I'm proud of. Can't wait to tackle Death Stranding. Maybe by the time I get done with it, the Last of Us 2 will finally be here...sigh.

• Like 1

Getting this game tomorrow night, can't wait, I'll probably go for the Platinum / 100%, but if I don't, no big deal. I have many games with unearned Trophies, if the game is fun and addictive, there shouldn't be a problem, I'm glad it's a long game to take a while. Why do people hate a long game or with harder Trophies, where they make another account to play it, I honestly don't see the point of that. I refuse to play any lame game that takes 30 minutes to beat, just to get a Platinum, I only play games I'd enjoy, no matter the Trophies. I beat Star Ocean The Last Hope for the Platinum a couple months ago, now that game is super grindy, so grinding doesn't bother me if it's a game I really like.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

Getting this game tomorrow night, can't wait, I'll probably go for the Platinum / 100%, but if I don't, no big deal. I have many games with unearned Trophies, if the game is fun and addictive, there shouldn't be a problem, I'm glad it's a long game to take a while. Why do people hate a long game or with harder Trophies, where they make another account to play it, I honestly don't see the point of that. I refuse to play any lame game that takes 30 minutes to beat, just to get a Platinum, I only play games I'd enjoy, no matter the Trophies. I beat Star Ocean The Last Hope for the Platinum a couple months ago, now that game is super grindy, so grinding doesn't bother me if it's a game I really like.

For me personally, I sort of have 2 mains, 1 ive had for years and another I made a year or so ago.

Im not too fussed about trophies really, 1 I let the kids play so trophies dont bother me, like a general account, the other, although im doing pretty bad, I just want to try and keep it 100%

Its just a OCD thing I guess, not too fussed about trophies as I say, but not having 100% does get to me lol.

Stupid, sure, but just one of those things, like where you must always sit in 'this' chair at home, or you sleep on the left side of the bed. Just comforting to me to know I would have 100%

Does that sort of make it more understandable?

• Like 1