RUMOR PS5 Backwards Compatible Back to PS1?

ExHaseo

I hope so but not only just disc, also ps store digital ps1 and ps2 classics and I don't mean the trophy based versions of the ps2 classics but throw those in too. I wouldn't mind full digital psp/vita support as well. Just make it play everything, they'll make it back through software sales with double, triple, quadruple dippers.

• Like 1

I am hoping for full backward compatibility. There should be enhancements for older titles such as scanline filters (2D games on PS1 and PS2 can use them), 4K, and better texture filtering to avoid the twitching/blockiness/warping issues on PS1 3D games.

Vita and PSP support would be great. If your PSP or Vita quits working or is lost, surely you'd like some way to play at least the games you've bought on PSN for it? I would.

• Like 2

comic book arent credible at all. theyre the same poeple who used "mr ohya", some guy on twitter, as a source for persona 5 on switch, which then lead to "everyone" believing them and assuming P5 would be on switch. this report ALSO uses "some guy on twitter" as a source. 

11 hours ago, Muur1993 said:

comic book arent credible at all. theyre the same poeple who used "mr ohya", some guy on twitter, as a source for persona 5 on switch, which then lead to "everyone" believing them and assuming P5 would be on switch. this report ALSO uses "some guy on twitter" as a source. 

To be fair, that came about because Best Buy erroneously listed Persona S as Persona 5S

On 1/14/2020 at 3:35 AM, Valyrious said:

Sheesh... well, only time will tell.

PSP support but not Vita? What's the point then

1 hour ago, majob said:

To be fair, that came about because Best Buy erroneously listed Persona S as Persona 5S

PSP support but not Vita? What's the point then

Vita not supported maybe because of the touch controls and they don't want to emulate them?

But whatever, it's just speculation, i'm expecting a disappointment.

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Vita not supported maybe because of the touch controls and they don't want to emulate them?

But whatever, it's just speculation, i'm expecting a disappointment.

If the PS5 controller has a touchpad then that shouldn't be a problem because that's what the PSTV does if you're using a ps4 controller or you could press the R3 and L3 buttons for a simulated finger

28 minutes ago, majob said:

If the PS5 controller has a touchpad then that shouldn't be a problem because that's what the PSTV does if you're using a ps4 controller or you could press the R3 and L3 buttons for a simulated finger

A la PSTV.

It's confirmed. BGR has now verified with a random 4chan user that PS5 will be backward compatible with ALL 5 PlayStation consoles. That's right, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, and PSP. The PlayStation Vita is NOT a PlayStation console.

https://bgr.com/2020/01/15/ps5-release-date-price-playstation-4-backward-compatibility-details-leaked/amp/

Edited by Milktastrophe

19 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

It's confirmed. BGR has now verified with a random 4chan user that PS5 will be backward compatible with ALL 5 PlayStation consoles. That's right, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, and PSP. The PlayStation Vita is NOT a PlayStation console.

https://bgr.com/2020/01/15/ps5-release-date-price-playstation-4-backward-compatibility-details-leaked/amp/

Confirmed?

Why does the article say "As a reminder, this is all just a rumor from an unverified source."

The guy says:

''Backwards compatibility with all PS4 games is also a big feature. Through a new transferring features, users will easily transfer their PS4 games to the PS5 if those games are downloaded. Save data/backups for PS4 games will also be transferable.''

What does he mean with ''if those games are downloaded''

Do you still need to download games on your old hardware (PS4,PS3) then transfer it to your PS5?

That's not BC, is it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dzstrpc said:

The guy says:

''Backwards compatibility with all PS4 games is also a big feature. Through a new transferring features, users will easily transfer their PS4 games to the PS5 if those games are downloaded. Save data/backups for PS4 games will also be transferable.''

What does he mean with ''if those games are downloaded''

Do you still need to download games on your old hardware (PS4,PS3) then transfer it to your PS5?

That's not BC, is it?

That would be silly since you would still need your PS3-4 to play the games you want, thus making backwards compability kinda useless. I'm just hoping i can play my PS4 games both on digital and physical and i'm happy.

Just now, ZitMeatloaf said:

"More details about backwards compatibility will be discussed at a later date, especially at E3."

That pretty much puts this source's credibility in the toilet, now doesn't it?

I wouldn't get your hopes up. 

I didn't even catch that. Yeah since Sony are skipping E3 and it's pretty well known that they are, i feel safe to say this source is a scam. To bad cause BC all the way back to PS1 would be awesome.

• Like 1

Lol, expected that, but still kinda hoped on a different income. Anyway, look forward to put PSone and 2 discs, at least, then.

Playstation 3 totally is a dark horse of console industry, guess none other in a while would take this status.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

A few people are saying there is nothing in it for Sony to do backwards compatibility, and that isn’t the case. If they allow the discs to physically be playable, they could easily sell digital copies and profit off the new licenses and sales. Just like Microsoft is doing with their backwards compatibility. 

Edited by SinceByDarren

18 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Confirmed?

Why does the article say "As a reminder, this is all just a rumor from an unverified source."

But anyway, after a bunch of sanguine posts about BC, it's time to get the anti crowd involved.

Oh well, it was a dream to be able to play any PS game on the PS5. ?

• Like 2