Remastered version is terrible

szaleroPL

Just got the platinum

After creating this thread game started working fine, but framerate was still a problem from time to time. Also by crashes i meant 1 crash and 4 softlocks (one in main menu). I see that most people have no problems with the game, so maybe it's my ps4 slim's fault

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

yupp. i couldn't even enter fort frolic my first playthrough.
I've now moved onto Bioshock 2 and its worse.
my save files are now constantly corrupting. i already had the idea to back extra saves. but they all get corrupted.
its rediculous and I save half the time because vital chambers are disabled or I'm worried about stupid bluscreens

I've never played the OG one on PS3 (I only played Infinite at the time), and I can say that the audio mixing is terrible. The localization of sounds are bad.

Fortunately, I didn't encounter any game breaking bug so far.

Edited by bosstristan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the digital version and my game has crashed about 8 - 10 times since I began and that’s not including the DLC. This usually occurred because I played for extended periods of time trying to capture every run using clips.

But, other than that, the only other notable thing was the save limit. Once I hit Point Prometheus, the game would not allow me to save anymore as I’ve exceeded my limit. Lost an entire 40 minute run, too. Worst part was that in order to cut down the saves, I had to close the application, which meant I would lose all that progress.

Really insteresting to see how there's no middle ground, people either had no crashes and smooth gameplay the whole trilogy, or had crashes most of the time which detract them from having a good time, I'm at the formers group thankfully.

Yeah, the dumb limited save system made me replay the first 2 hours of Bioshock 2, this is problematic if you're just playing the games normally before trophy hunting all of them at once, always go to  100% in one game them jump to the next one.

Edited by Ninjise

On 7-2-2020 at 2:08 AM, szaleroPL said:

I'm halfway through fort frolic, and so far my game crashed FIVE TIMES. Original version on ps3 haven't crashed once. Game looks better in some areas, but i would rather have stability over improved visuals. Is it just me or is it crashing for everyone?

That's odd i've done the 2 versions standalone and collection and none of them crashed even once.

On my white PS4 Pro: Bioshock Infinite's Clash in the Clouds DLC crashed over a dozen times.

That DLC is known to have that issue from the PS3 days. The Completionist's YouTube video refers to it as "Crash in the Clouds."

Edited by GonzoWARgasm

• 10 months later...

I have to agree that this "remaster" is genuinely terrible. As others have stated, I had numerous freezing issues to the point where it forced me to save constantly so I wouldn't lose progress. That was annoying enough but it is what it is. Now while trying to complete the final dlc trophy for finishing worlds of hurt under 15 min, I loaded my save from yesterday only to find out my plasmids have apparently glitched and will not work whatsoever even though my bar is full and have plenty of hypos. I found a fix for this after some searching but then noticed when in the options that despite setting the difficulty to medium when beginning the challenge the game had set itself to easy for some reason, so I still have to start over despite finding the fix for the plasmid glitch.

I can excuse a few glitchy things but damn, this "remaster" is truly a piece of crap.