What remakes would you like to see on PS5?

Wavergray

I hope that Square does the full remake treatment for Final Fantasy 6 after they get done with 7, I'd love to see and play that.  Or Chrono Trigger, that could be really cool.  Or if not a remake then just a remaster with Platinum trophies.  Or a full Bluepoint remake of Metal Gear Solid 1 (and 2 and 3 if they could do it to go along with the remasters of them that they did).  On remasters, other ones that I'd love to see would be Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, Suikoden 2, Mass Effect Trilogy remaster is surely about to happen, or just console ports of Fallout 1 and 2 (although that one probably really has zero chance of happening).

Any of those games, I'd love to get a Platinum for the first time or again on.

Edited by Cherrywood

• 3 weeks later...

I’ll be honest, next gen I don’t want to see as many remasters. Yes previous generations had some amazing games that I would love to play again, but I feel like this generation has been flooded with last gen games. It’s hard to pick a game of the generation when I feel like so many releases have been previous gen games. I want the PS5 to focus more on new games 

Though if I had to pick one it would definitely be The Simpsons Hit and Run ?

• Like 1

Yikes that's a question that could be answered again and again, so many titles from across the PlayStation systems that could easily earn a spot on a list of most requested remakes. If I had to bottle it down to a short-ish list, it would probably have to be the following:

- Games for remake -

• Battlefield Bad Company 2 ( Easily one of my favourite Battlefield games of all time, just has the perfect blend of humor and traditional Battlefield all out warfare)
  • Resistance 1 & 2 (Absolutely loved the multiplayer in Fall of Man, it would have you playing for hours. Resistance 2's coop would be good to see again, wasn't as popular compared to the actual MP but I liked it; created a nice little breakaway where you could just chill out and have some good o' fun!)
  • Killzone 2 (Defiantly be cool to see a remake of this one, story was interesting to watch unfold and the MP went from fun to chaotic in minutes, i'm looking at you Radec's Academy ? )
  • MAG (A game that would strive to go above and beyond into terms of goals, whilst most games on the PS3 was struggling with anything above 10-15 players in one game; MAG managed a whooping 256 players with no lag it was a serious piece of network/software engineering ?)
  • Red Dead Redemption (Would be intrigued to see what RDR would look like in a remake, all that extra graphical advantage that the game could get from the new generation hardware, would definitely sweeten the deal for a return to replay through John Marston's story)
  • Dragon Age: Origins (Up there with the greatest for it's genre, would be awesome to revisit, the endless hours of playtime you could invest into this game and let's no forget the long line of DLC's that would be available too)
  • Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (One of my top 10 favourite PS2 games, has the combination of LotR's lore / famous destination's and the FF styled turn based combat, it just worked perfectly together and had so much fun playing it wayy....wayy back in the day haha ?)
  • Simpsons Hit 'n' Run (What's not to love about this one? Simpsons - Check, ridiculous missions - Check, Vehicles and Costumes from the show - Check)
  • Need for Speed: Underground 1 & 2 (Ah the good old times when street racing games would be good, the level of customization and details to the cars compared to now-a-days so called "Street Racers" was crazy)
  • Witcher 1 & 2 (A game franchise that needs no introduction after the fame created from The Witcher 3 and rightly so, they are creative and talent team that made one of the best RPG's. It would be great to see these getting a remake one day with the same level of detail and polish as Witcher 3)
  • Tomb Raider Trilogy (Just a iconic franchise. I would love all the old Tomb Raider games to have a remake but the trilogy games of TR:Legend / Anniversary and Underworld would be a good start, they would be great action-adventure games to replay and probably feel just as buttery smooth when compared to games of the same genre like Uncharted 4 / Lost Legacy)
Edited by kRiZz_93
Another game for the list!
  • Like 2

Ape Escape

Tomb Raider II

Dino Crisis

Jet Moto 2

Silent Hill

Einhänder

R4 Ridge Racer Type 4

P.N.03 (originally a GC exclusive)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Sega’s Nightshade
Parasite Eve

Tomba

Soul Reaver

...and Croc

5 hours ago, SnizelPS said:

Manhunt 1

Syphon Filter 1

Duuude, yes. Rockstar’s single attempt at horror. Good times.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hittheroadbucky said:

I’ll be honest, next gen I don’t want to see as many remasters. Yes previous generations had some amazing games that I would love to play again, but I feel like this generation has been flooded with last gen games. It’s hard to pick a game of the generation when I feel like so many releases have been previous gen games. I want the PS5 to focus more on new games 

Though if I had to pick one it would definitely be The Simpsons Hit and Run ?

To be fair, I think the lack of backwards compatibility with the PS4 opened the door for a lot of these remasters.  Maybe intentionally because $$$, but also inadvertently with the PS3's unusual architecture.

PS4 games will get their PS5 updates/versions and there's always the chance the odd PS2/PS3 game that didn't already get remastered might make it onto the PS5... but in general, with most PS4 games being playable out of the box (and enhanced with boost mode), I don't see standalone remasters being quite so popular this time around.  I'd personally be ok with remakes though.

• Like 2