'The Student Surpasses the Master' Trophy Bugged?

14 hours ago, holland046 said:

Anyone who wants to try this with shareplay or how it's called? 

I have 3 controllers, one is broken in half, one has for some reason all of a sudden the need to push random buttons and my best controller doesn't sprint as it should be. 

Most of the time my soldier wants to sprint but it's more like a quick step and after that he just walks. 

Best time is 20.19 I think, so it's doable for me, but I don't think my controller survives my frustration 1f601.png

Share play is near enough impossible with the input delay.

Got a controller from a friend and got it in 10 tries and a change of tactics after the 5th try. 

Went for a triple kill in the first section first, but with three knife kills in the first section before going up the stairs i got over 8 seconds taking off from the timer at the finish. 

This game looks good with graphics but damn.. The times I'm getting shot while in cover is insane. 

"The timer starts when the first target pops."

In all honesty, this was only frustrating after so many attempts because of that one stupid line.

• Like 2

This is so much more annoying than doing the gauntlet in Titanfall 2. I'm really surprised that the platinum rarity is so high.

4 Hours later I got it. Thank fuck that's over and done with. Took me ages to get into a good groove with it for some reason.

Edited by EIdain
Update
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

So how difficult is The Student Surpasses the Master compared to Best of the Best?

I'm not that good in FPS games and I still have nightmares trying to complete the last time trophy. 

I'd say Best of the Best is significantly easier. The Student Surpasses the Master took me at least 2 hours. Your mileage may vary, though.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

So how difficult is The Student Surpasses the Master compared to Best of the Best?

I'm not that good in FPS games and I still have nightmares trying to complete the last time trophy. 

I would say Best of the Best is harder. It took me many more attempts to get the time in Best of the Best.

The best way to get this trophy is by reloading the checkpoint that you get once you are about to start The Pit every single time that you fail to achieve the time needed for the trophy (19.70s). By doing this you will always get the same enemy pattern, making way easier the whole process because you will not encounter the enemies at different locations, also, by reloading the checkpoint you will always encounter that all the enemies will be perfectly aligned making easier to get a higher accuracy bonus at the end of the section. For the guns i was using the Desert Eagle and the M9 but you can use the Ups45 too if you prefer. 

Yesterday i spent 6hrs :'( trying to get this trophy without realoading the checkpoint, thus getting different patterns of enemies, and today i tried it again but this time with the reload checkpoint option and got it after 5 minutes :) And trust me guys, i'm way worse than you all, just don't give up, you all will get it soon or later, just keep trying, if i did it you can do it too. 

Edited by jossmilan7412
  • Like 4

Honestly, I feel like selling my PlayStation and going back to PC.  just tried to do this achievement for 8 hours straight. My thumbs are raw, I watch all these videos and people are making it look so easy yet I can't seem to get shit lined up, I shot the targets in what I think is the head and it never hits anything behind them etc.

Can someone tell me how they get it so when you hit reset checkpoint it spawns you with two pistols? It's constantly spanning me with an automatic and I have to pick up the desert eagle every time. It's not a big deal but when you're doing it over and over for 6 hours its just another button I have to press before I can go again.

What sensitivity does everyone play on? Nothing feels comfortable.

I legitimately feel like a retard.

Edited by Dan-lives-here

58 minutes ago, Dan-lives-here said:

Honestly, I feel like selling my PlayStation and going back to PC.  just tried to do this achievement for 8 hours straight. My thumbs are raw, I watch all these videos and people are making it look so easy yet I can't seem to get shit lined up, I shot the targets in what I think is the head and it never hits anything behind them etc.

Can someone tell me how they get it so when you hit reset checkpoint it spawns you with two pistols? It's constantly spanning me with an automatic and I have to pick up the desert eagle every time. It's not a big deal but when you're doing it over and over for 6 hours its just another button I have to press before I can go again.

Restart the mission, when you walk down pick up the Desert Eagle, then get your Rifle ready, as soon as he opens the crate swap it for the M9. Every time you restart checkpoint you should be right next to the gate, or if you time it just right, as the gate is opening. From my experience there is 3 sets of target possibilities, one is hard and one is easy. Also at the end run along the wall you run faster for some reason. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan-lives-here said:

The sequence of the circuit is fixed for every time you restart the mission, so, if you reload the checkpoint after your first try on the pit start, you'll get the same circuit over and over, making things much easier (grab the m9 fast from the left box as soon as it opened, so you don't have to get it every time you reload the checkpoint).

You can also restart the MISSION from the pause menu till you get one circuit where you can hit 9 doubles or 1 triple and 7 doubles, that way you can do a time of slight above 28s (28.20 or so) and still beat the 19.70 due to the ~170% acuracy bonus, of course you have to nail the other single targets and not miss any other shot.

The sequence of 9 doubles is like that (use the m9):

start: 1 double
middle: 1 triple or 2 doubles (even if you triple, you still have to kill the window target with one bullet, so, the final result is the same of 2 doubles)
inside: 1 double (if above the 12s mark when you enter the door, reload the checkpoint)

stairs: Switch To Desert Eagle
upstairs: 2 doubles (if not possible, restart the mission)
ending: 3 doubles (if not possible, restart the mission)

If you can get that amount of doubles on the circuit, just keep reloading the checkpoint for every try till you reach ~28s.

I also think that's easier if you disable the auto-aim on the options and that way the tutorial part on the start of the mission will be faster due to no auto-aim tutorial.

I restarted the mission 4 times till I got a good circuit, if you have the 9 doubles, it's indeed easy, since you can take your time aligning shots and still do ~28s.

The video below is not mine, but it's a good reference for what I wrote, including the ~170% accuracy bonus, try to get a circuit like that, remember that you can be almost 4s slower than the guy on the video below for the trophy:

• Like 1

19.90 so far. My fingers hurt. What doesn't help is I'm detecting a deliberate shot inconsistency baked into the game. That being some of your shots won't register.

Typical BS to make a game seem harder than it it is.

Edit: Got it. 18.90. If someone like me who tenses up from lack of fine motor coordination can do it. I'm sure most if you can.

Edited by AMadScotsGuy

I hate it when 1 or 2 trophies are preventing a shiny new Platinum.

It is the case with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare remastered.

Both time trial trophies....ugh.

I highly doubt I will get the Student Surpasesses the Master Trophy

Edited by Jermster_91

Damn, got this trophy, i felt so good after earning it. Got stuck at 21-22 seconds at first, trying to make perfect shots and wasting 2-3 seconds every time, but then i understood, that i need to make full run in 27-27.5 seconds raw (before penalties and accuracy bonus) to be successful, even with missed shots, and repeat cycles until all shots land. I used trick with reloading last checkpoint to make things predictable. Just try to find places to save some seconds and practice. Also auto-aim (double L2) can help to aim fast in first part, where targets are in 2nd floor windows.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jermster_91 said:

I hate it when 1 or 2 trophies are preventing a shiny new Platinum.

It is the case with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare remastered.

Both time trial trophies....ugh.

I highly doubt I will get the Student Surpasesses the Master Trophy

It's all about rinse and repeat. Build that muscle memory. It also helps having the targets laid out how you like them. So restart the mission if the current positions don't suit you.

Edited by AMadScotsGuy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spinelessdj1998 said:

This trophy is so much harder then titanfall 2, auto aim puts your aim off of targets, your bullets don't always penetrate, your bullets don't always go dead on your aim. Utter utter rubbish.

Indeed these are all present in the actual game. You just notice them more in The Pit.

My thoughts on that being they deliberate inconsistencies. Game designers for a long, long time have a real dearth in the philosophy of challenge. That being they just put in BS to compensate for their own lack of imagination.

Just look at what a mess veteran still is. They got caught out big time in MW1 and W@W. What did they do to make it atchually a fair challenge that is reflective of a players skill? Nothing. They simply removed spawns, toned down the grenade spams and increased check points.

Never mind addressing stuff like how this is a forward firing FPS, but enemies can just overwhelm flanks, spawn in behind. No, we will keep that, makes our game seem more difficult. It's not diffcult, it's BS. If the player can't develop a stragedy, then it's luck based, and luck is not a challenge. But then they bake in inconsistencies like you said above, just to compensate for their fragile egos about their limited imagination.

Mein leben in Wolfenstein II is obviously a response to the glitch in the first game. Because someone could not personal responsibility for the difficulty glitch in New Order, or something. So decided it would be a laugh to punish the player base.

Edited by AMadScotsGuy
  • Like 1

My first time playing MW2 and my second COD overall ever. Got it in about 20 minutes, I used IbaddriverI video for a reference route. I used the M9 and Desert Eagle, sensitivity 6 for both axis, and reloaded the checkpoint every time I failed so the targets were always on the same spot. I also use a Kontrolfreek Performance Thumbstick on my right stick but that is not necessary.

I believe reloading the checkpoint is key, it takes aways the random factor, and it's basically repetition until you get it perfect, not that difficult, muscle memory will be your best friend here. Also abusing the aim assist snap effect helps a lot. If you get frustrated go to sleep and do it the next morning with a fresh mind. 

• Like 2