Looking for detective/murder mystery games

mikedamiz12180

- Detective Gallo (point and click murder solving). -> On sale in EU and US right now.

- The Shapeshifting Detective 

Not the same genre but worth checking out:

- Late Shift (proof your own innocence).

Edited by ConAir
Sale notification.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Call of Cthulhu. It has the similar cult feeling that was introduced to the latest Sherlock titles.

On the other hand, I feel Japanese titles (Zero escape, dangaronpa) are somewhat different style. Just my personal take though.

On 4/1/2020 at 1:20 PM, Cleggworth said:

I can tell you one not to play, The Sinking City. I'm playing it at the moment and it's awful 

Care to elaborate a little bit more? I was about to rent this from GameFly.....

Edited by Maverick6146

8 hours ago, Maverick6146 said:

Care to elaborate a little bit more? I was about to rent this from GameFly.....

You spend most of the time running between locations in the most bland and unnecessary open world city I've ever come across. Once you get to the location it's generally one of three copy and pasted building you've seen countless times

There's combat in it which is just painfully clumsy and clunky which is a nightmare when all the enemies in the game jump around like they are tweaking. It has crafting, which again is totally unnecessary and just draws the game out even more as you waste loads of ammo because the combat is so bad you need to search supplies to craft more constantly. The amount of ammo you can carry at once is so low you need to craft it mid battle most of the time. In the end you just run past as best you can or find a corner you can magically hide behind where they inexplicably can't reach you.

The actual cases aren't that bad I guess but all the extra crap that isn't needed at all just completely overwhelmed it for me. Take the combat out and just move between case locations automatically and this would have probably been fine

I'd recommend Judgment. You play as a former lawyer who is now a detective, investigating the case of a serial killer who gauges their victim's eyes out. I've not finished it yet but I've really been enjoying the story so far, and my flatmate who's finished it really enjoyed it too. There's plenty of side missions, minigames, drone racing etc as well if you like that in games.

Edit: Just thought I should add there is a lot of combat in it as well, since Sherlock Holmes was your example and it's very different in that sense. You still search for clues, tail people, present the right evidence etc.

Edited by StacFace92

• 2 weeks later...

Its got a bit more to it than just investigations, but I would recommend Murdered: Soul Suspect. Its one of those games that you can get super cheap 90% of the time it goes on sale, and I really enjoyed the game. 

Also. I recently played Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. In that game you play a lawyer who goes around getting evidence to defend his clients. Obviously its dialog heavy and has around 15 cases in the game. Some of which can take around 6 hours to complete without skipping anything just to get the platinum,