Your favorite Nintendo game of all time?

Dreakon139

With a handful of absolutely massive franchises, Nintendo has seen much success over the years. Everyone has their favorite games though, how about you?

For me, I'd say it's a tie between Super Mario Bros 3 for the NES and Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for the Game Boy.

20090212031535!Super_Mario_Bros._3_coverart.png

LABoxart.jpg

SUPER FUCKIN' METROID

You haven't lived until you played it

super-metroid-3-pl.jpg

notable mentions

- Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow

- Pokemon LeafGreen

- Pokemon Emerald

- Pokemon Crystal

- PLOK

- DOOM 64

- Pokemon Stadium

- Zombies Ate My Neighbors

- Demon's Crest

- Contra III

- Mario Party series

- Duke Nukem: Zero Hour

- Metroid Prime

- Metroid Fusion

- Metroid: Zero Mission

- Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel

- Resident Evil 0

- Nightmare Creatures

My all-time favorite has to be this one:

ultima3_title_nes_american.jpgultima_iii_exodus.png

Man...the hours and hours we spent playing this game...and this is the first video game that got me hooked on RPG's in general.

It was nothing to sit and play this game literally for 8-10 hours at a time. It was fun, tricky and challenging all at the same time, and just one of the best games released on the NES...or at least I thought so.

Second runner-up is this classic:

supermariobros3_nesboxboxart_160w.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition. This was my first Nintendo game, and my first Gameboy Color game. My dad surprised me one day with both of them. It was the best day ever. I spent the next two weeks playing up to Viridian Forest over and over again because I didn't know you could save the game.

Pokémon Pearl. This one's kinda weird, because it's not the newest of the Pokémon franchise, nor the oldest. But it was the first on the DS. The jump to the D/P generation to me was the biggest. I clocked the most hours playing this one, and that's because all of my close friends got into playing it too.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Just about everybody plays this game, so it's nice to always have friends to play it with. There's something about the gameplay that's just so indescribably fun. Being able to "own" a character of your own and establish it as your main is a unique feeling as well. Stage Builder was gads of enjoyment to mess with too. If only online worked.

Kirby Air Ride. This one is more recent. Started playing it at my friend's house. Him, his cousin and myself get super into it and get competitive, but it's still friendly fun. The gameplay is pretty simply, but it works perfectly. I would love to see a new beefed up sequel to this title.

Sorry, I didn't quite choose one, lol.

588436_59532_front.jpg

Back in the days before easily available web access, I remember the eon like wait for nintendo power to release its game guide in 2 parts over 2 months. This game was played for hours upon hours by me and my best friend competing to finish it first. no other game was touched whilst we had this. Many happy memories of his baby brother having learned what the reset button did on his console, and many frustrating hours trying to work out how to upgrade that damn boomerang before taking it to the fairy.

IMO - Last decent game ever released by Nintendo. Everything since has been a rehash of earlier titles... Oh and that Pokemon bollocks that you youngsters got into.

Super Mario All-Stars Ft./ Super Mario World - Seriously, how has no one said this?

EVERY Mario game [INCLUDING the unreleased, Japanese version of SMB2 - called "The Lost Levels"] up to that point, on one cartridge AND the originals were all updated to lovely SNES graphics?

It was like an HD collection for it's time.

Single game, though, would go to Killer Instinct on the SNES. Partly because it's a freaking awesome game - but mostly because it was the first fighting game where button mashing at the end of the match actually did something for me :P [i pulled off one of Jago's Ultra combos on my cousin the very first time I played it - it was hilarious.]

Edited by FAoOHxSniperFox

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just one? That's.... that's so hard!

Uhh.. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga! No wait Kirby and the Crystal Shards! Final Fantasy Tactics Advance! Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door! Pikmin 2! Pokemon! Mario Kart Double Dash! Harvest Moon 64! Super Smash Bros.! Castlevania! Metroid! Snowboard Kids!

Enough joking around, if I had to honestly pick one, I would choose either Mario Party 3 or Battletoads.

Mario Party for teaching me button mashing skills and twitch reactions, and Battletoads for teaching me the rewards of patience and accomplishment on completing a tough challenge.

Marioparty3.jpg51eloOmXjVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

post-5553-0-38765700-1325017889_thumb.jpg

I've got to go with FFII (FFIV in Japan) if we're talking Nintendo in general. The cartridge I had was flaky, so if I didn't turn it on just right the game would flinch and I would lose hours of work. The fastest I completed the game was about 12 hours if I ran from a bunch of battles, but the last boss was hard as crap. I replayed it many times, partially because I wanted to, otherwise it was because I lost it all and had to start over. Since than I have an emulator on my computer and maxed out each character at level 99 and was able to unlock a couple of hidden summons; Imp and Bomb.

Then a close second would be Zelda: A Link to the Past. My best friend and I spent countless hours one summer just on these two games.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...