Horizon: Forbidden West (Febraury 18, 2022)

Ghost

11 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Dumb comparison mate, series x and s are current gen consoles despite s being an inferior budget friendly version. Ps4 and ps5 aren't the same generation of consoles. On PC you're getting the same game, it just performs better depending on what kind of PC you own or how much you spent upgrading it and the folks that want better performance or features such as Ray tracing, 120 fps, etc usually have to pay more. You're technically getting the same game on consoles as well but one version will never get to the same level as performance as the other which is why console generations exist and  people go out to buy a ps5.

Not even defending Sony really, I'm just giving my point of view. It's great that they're offering free upgrades especially for games that came out last gen that are getting ps5 versions but I really don't see why they'd continue doing that for new releases especially if they're gonna be taking more advantage of current gen hardware. 

You mention blue ray and 4k coming together in one package yet forget that it's more expensive than regular edition despite being the same movie and also needing a 4k TV to even benefit from it lmao. Same way Netflix charges more for their 4k content and the list goes on. If you think this is abuse then you haven't seen much in the real world.

JNsHM2j.png

10 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

PS4 > PS5 upgrade will be free!

yJ5vlex.jpg

This is great news, but it has me wondering if they're going to lower the price of the PS5 version now? The PS4 version is $60 while PS5 is $70. So they have to know there's nothing stopping PS5 owners from just pre-ordering the PS4 version and getting the PS5 version for free. For me, I don't NEED the PS4 version, I'd rather just get it on PS5...but not if the native PS5 version is just going to stay where it is. 

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

This is great news, but it has me wondering if they're going to lower the price of the PS5 version now? The PS4 version is $60 while PS5 is $70. So they have to know there's nothing stopping PS5 owners from just pre-ordering the PS4 version and getting the PS5 version for free. For me, I don't NEED the PS4 version, I'd rather just get it on PS5...but not if the native PS5 version is just going to stay where it is. 

This is exactly the reason why Sony clarified that future games would have paid upgrade options going forward: even without a price difference, there's zero reason to buy the PS5 version of a game if you can pay the same price for the PS4 version and get the upgrade for free. Throw in the $70 next-gen price point that Sony wants to stick, and I'm very (pleasantly) surprised that they're going with the free upgrade on HFW.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xylobe said:

This is exactly the reason why Sony clarified that future games would have paid upgrade options going forward: even without a price difference, there's zero reason to buy the PS5 version of a game if you can pay the same price for the PS4 version and get the upgrade for free. Throw in the $70 next-gen price point that Sony wants to stick, and I'm very (pleasantly) surprised that they're going with the free upgrade on HFW.

Well, this is exactly why the XBOX system is so much more elegant. You buy the game for XBOX and it doesn't matter which console you have at home, you run the best possible version -- "it just works". Single achievement list also makes things easier.

• Like 1

This is great news and I am glad Sony listened to us. There’s a blog post clearing stating that Sackboy, Miles Morales and HFW would have free upgrades. That said, I wouldn’t even mind paying 10€ to upgrade. It’s the fact that they wanted us to pay 90€ for a digital edition to be able to have access to both versions of the game that I thought was upsetting. Lots of people don’t even have the PS5 yet.

I am glad that everything is clarified, including how future upgrades will work.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Well, this is exactly why the XBOX system is so much more elegant. You buy the game for XBOX and it doesn't matter which console you have at home, you run the best possible version -- "it just works". Single achievement list also makes things easier.

yup. came here to post this exact thing. and I'm not generally a fan of how xbox does most things

I'll just get the digital deluxe edition

• Like 1

so I guess the people defending it are hard at work washing the egg on their face now, but the sad thing is that they have to say gow, gt7 and other future crossgen ps4/ps5 games, like damn how many 1st party games will release on PS4? will the next Spiderman be on PS4? when will we see actual PS5 games? and don't tell me about fucking Retrunal or Ratchet, Returnal can 100% run on a ps4 and Ratchet only has a useless gimmick mechanic, I want real next gen games like the Unreal demo stuff with billion of polygons and all that, where those games at? PS4 had true next gen games year one, when will PS5 have some? year four?

and also don't use the fact that PS5 is hard to get as an excuse of why games are on PS4 because games that are on PS4/PS5 crossgen so far sell 90% on PS5, like Miles Morales, Resident Evil 7 and others, ppl don't want to buy games on PS4 now even if they have to wait, they're waiting for the better experience

Edited by LockheedPrime

i don't buy new games anymore. so i'll probably wait a few years. my backlog is like a back catalogue. Did anyone else see sony's bait and switch move? quite clever..

people uhrming and arring over whether to spend the money on forbidden west at launch. they say "you gotta do digital if you want the upgrade" then walk it back asap to win them over and change the conversation behind the purchase.

haha.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

• 2 months later...