What currently is your white whale right now in gaming

Already defeated my White Whale for the year. Had to grind daily and weekly quests for 4 months to get 1 last trophy for the Rayman Legends Platinum

Right now it's getting the 'Catherine: Full Body' platinum. Game is incredibly hard and also takes a lot of time and commitment to complete

• Like 2

Used to be Wipeout HD and Spelunky but I managed to finish them. Now the only roadblock for 100% is beating Megaman 10 without taking any damage. I guess it's not THAT hard since you can save between levels but at one stage you need to beat all bosses in the game in a row and I just don't feel like going for it at the moment. Rest of my backlog is piss easy with games like Far Cry and Final Fantasy. Luckily, no glitched or unobtainable trophies so far. 

Honestly, just got mine with Final Fantasy XIII and the Treasure Hunter trophy. It genuinely seemed like the one trophy/platinum I'd never get solely due to how hard to is to keep track of it all and how long of a pure-grind it is. It also was my 150th platinum so it seems like a healthy number to slow down on. Definitely won't be going for too many bullshit, easy platinums like I have been the last few months. Gonna try my best to go for ones that I'll actually enjoy getting now that my Moby Dick is dead.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

3 hours ago, Wolf_Town_Spider said:

Same! Although I’ve only just passed half way 1f637.png what method are you levelling up with. I’ve been playing garden ops.

I mainly 

play multiplayer 

mix mode for the close quarters characters 

and i get round 20 kill per game ( about if yougo objectively get round 4000 base Xp and depending on the character you play 1000 so per game I try to get 5000 Xp )

but it now we have bots that give jack shit on Xp so the amount i normally had before the update is now lower 

and garden op is only good for a few characters 

6 hours ago, dadoudelidou said:

Thats why i only have the Plat on yakuza 6, no mahjong in this one. 

Believe it or not but after bitching here about mahjong, i went straight to youtube and found very helpful dude teaching IRL riichi mahjong  after I consumed those videos, a bright lamp lit top of my head - six hours and every mahjong cp was earned. Most time spend getting full straight.  I can hook you up with those vids if you're down to play some mahjong ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kuspher said:

Believe it or not but after bitching here about mahjong, i went straight to youtube and found very helpful dude teaching IRL riichi mahjong  after I consumed those videos, a bright lamp lit top of my head - six hours and every mahjong cp was earned. Most time spend getting full straight.  I can hook you up with those vids if you're down to play some mahjong 1f602.png

Oh yes defenitly, i was about to start (well eventually you know how backlog works..) Yakuza 3 to 5 remastered ?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dadoudelidou said:

Oh yes defenitly, i was about to start (well eventually you know how backlog works..) Yakuza 3 to 5 remastered 

There

Watch majority of these vids in this playlist, excluding how to set table etc.. And press square everytime you think you can declare riichi because game won't promp you to do it. If you still struggle after these, hit me with friend request I can show you via shareplay how to get started. I personaly learn better when I see how things are done YMMV

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My White Whale was the :bronze: Royal Tailor for Fate Extella: The Umbral Star, it took so long to get all the Mystic Codes. Even though it was bronze trophy it was harder to achieve than the Golden Trophies like :gold: Supreme Sovereign

My Current White Whale is the:gold:  Million Points trophy for Killzone Shadow Fall. I am currently under 900,000 points, I am glad they show how close the milestones to 1,000,000 are but I wish they showed the exact number. It is a pain especially since there is like only one room that is active with players.

14 minutes ago, GamingToups said:

Until a few days ago it was the Call Me Aaron Burr trophy for Woah Dave! but I was finally able to accomplish it so now I guess it's Sine Mora (vita) or Spelunky.  Both will require tons of practice

I need to work on Woah Dave at some point. Aaron Burr is the last trophy I need.

Also got Spelunky on my backlog, but god it's so damn random. They expect me to do a speed run of this game in under 10 minutes, where everything is randomized? Torture.

I won't even touch Sine Mora. I struggled getting Sky Force Anniversary done, and that is a piss easy shmup compared to a number of others out there.

• Like 1

I swore I would give up on Puyo Puyo the mini game on Judgement. Then last night for my final acceptance I had one last go. For those that don't know its the most evil mini-game the world has ever known, and RGG put it in because of how much I slag them off. 

Anyway. I had a last go last night. You need to reach at least round 25 until you activate the final character to appear, which by the way means they could pop up at round 25 or 75. Anway. There I was. My lucky sock on one foot, one testi hanging out my gruds because it was 3 in the morning and couldn't be bothered to dress properly. 

I'm doing good. round 12, 17, 21, 23 at this point I had beat my best ever attempt in over 25 hours on this mini game. Round 24, I wreck the opponent, then out of no where they unless hell and wreck me in two combos. To say I was rage filled in a tad understated. Never been so gutted on a game in my life I don't think. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hittheroadbucky said:

I’m still on a hunt for an RPG that can fill the gaping hole that Skyrim left in my heart 1f494.png 

Also Red Dead Redemption 2 1f630.png I am so close yet so very far away from the plat 

I see you haven't gone back to The Witcher 3 yet, might I suggest giving that a go? It's a slow burner but it definitely filled the Skyrim shaped hole when I needed it.

• Like 1

Dissidia NT's 300 treasure trophy. I finally decided to comeback to this game after uninstalling some big games piling up for a year so now I'm ready to sit down and finish up the damn treasures. Literally have to sit through 30 minutes to level up once and thats like for the next few hundred levels. 

• Like 1

UFC3. I've rage quit last year after I couldn't get all the skill challenges done, especially that one with blue ring. I reinstalled the game at the end of July and boom got it within an hour. Now I have legendary difficulty left and the grind to lvl 150. I'm not very good at this game, CPU submits me within seconds. Guess I just gotta git gud lol

4 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Tell me about it.. 

When my Chinese friends play it, I'm the guy at the table who just stacks them up and plays dominos just watching them fall one by one. 

LMAO, I still don't understand mahjong fully but I guess that's because I would have to learn all hands. I don't have any issues forming them in Yakuza games but that's because I can always press square and the game will tell me if I can go out or not just yet. I wouldn't be able to to it in real life tho 

Edited by Herbset
Spelling
  • Like 1