Rumoured Sequel - Would you play?

VannQ

I don't actually remember very much about The Order, except that I really enjoyed it back when I played it. Thinking back on it now, it was a gorgeous-looking game with satisfying gameplay - just no personality, and a story and characters that went nowhere.

Would I play a sequel? Absolutely. Especially if they keep the cutting-edge visuals and pay more attention to plot. But I don't think we're going to see one, unfortunately.

I would, but, if it ends up happening, I wish they put some more content. The game is indeed incredibly short. OK, it's a shooter, and shooters aren't known for having the longest stories around, but still.

And yeah, polish the story. Had really good potential, but didn't really go anywhere and there was only a few tidbits of lore here and there.

• 4 weeks later...

Sure, why not?

All the problems with the first game are known, and can be addressed, and for sure whoever tackled it would know exactly what to do to avoid the same issues.

Make it longer, make it a bit more varied, give the player a bit more agency, and stop being so enamoured of your own graphical fidelity when picking up objects.

It's not ike the concept was inherently bad - it just wasn't quite implemented right, but there are good bones on that story, and the world could be fleshed out in a variety of interesting ways.

I'm down for it :) 

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I sure would. This was no original masterpiece in terms of plot, but I thought the graphics were gorgeous, the voice acting was good, gameplay was fairly enjoyable and exposition of the lore showed promise. It just didn't take as much out of itself as it could. It was as if baiting for a sequel, but not giving enough in the first game. The story and the characters didn't advance enough.

I don't think the game deserved as much negative attention as it got.

Edited by Antiristus

• 4 months later...

I finished the game yesterday: I loved the gameplay, it reminded me of Uncharted, while I could not get into the story. Overall, it's a good game, I don't even think it's that much short, and I would definitely love to play a sequel, in the future.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would def play a sequel.  This game wasn't great by any means or even very good, but it showed some potential.  It always kind of felt like original Assassin's Creed in that it had cool concepts and executed some things well but overall wasn't a great experience.  If they could do what AC2 did and take what is great about the game and expand upon it they could have a really good sequel.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The developer is owned by Meta/Facebook so it will never happen. There IP was also irreparably damaged by the first game so Sony's own studios have more important IPs to build and maintain. With how much AAA games cost to make these days, you don't make a sequel to a game that sold okay at best and sits at 63 on Metacritic. 

That said, I'd play it. The game had a lot of promise for becoming a future franchise but it was half-baked, too short and didn't have a satisfying finale. 

Kind of wish they'd port it to Steam/PS5 and remove the black bars at least. I think it could sell decent numbers if it was $20 although I imagine Sony has more important games to port. 

12 hours ago, diskdocx said:

This game needs a Remaster/PS5 re-release of the original. Highly under-rated game and I'd be quite happy to play it again.

Really, there's no need: 

At worst, SONY should just release a patch. At best: develop some software solution to boost performance and visuals for all backwards-compatible games.