Fall/Winter 2020-2021 Backlog Challenge

15 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree with you in regards to the game ending at the finale, that's kind of why I implied I felt you were finishing the game up with you only being in the finale.  The epilogue especially fell flat and wasn't even necessary since that could have all been covered with exposition at the beginning of CS3 just as easily  The only important thing that comes up in the epilogue is a NG+ only scene that you'll get on the way to the plat.

But I do get how you feel regarding the ending.  You win, but the enemies still made out just fine, but then it's only the second game of a four game arc, so it's not too surprising that you aren't able to fully win yet.  Putting an end to the civil war is still a solid victory though, but the epilogue just felt like them trying to draw out the game a bit more.  I think ending at the finale and then having the occupation part as an extra episode would have been enough.

Im totally not gonna read that.?

But man, you two getting me hyped for ToCSII.

Hope its even more epic then part 1. 

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

2 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Im totally not gonna read that.1f605.png

If you've finished CS2 that spoiler is safe.  I probably should edit and say it's only CS2 spoilers since I have played all the games after it too.  Sorry for the confusion there!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neospoon said:

Update #2

1. God of War 11% > 17% > 91% - 35/37
  2. The Hong Kong Massacre 24% > 30% - 10/20
  3. Until Dawn - 4/19 - 14%
  4. Doom  17/55 - 21%
  5. The Last of Us Part II  2/28 - 2%

God of War (91% 35/37)
I was hoping this update would include the platinum for God of War. So far I’ve enjoyed everything this game had to offer. Did everything I needed to do to beat the story got all the trophies. And then there’s the Valkyrie Queen... I don’t know how many times I’ve tried beating her, it just won’t happen. Tried numerous different builds, watched countless videos on how to beat her easily(...) It’s quickly ruining the experience I had with the rest of the game. Which is sad because I really had fun playing it. I will keep trying but with much less interest than before. If anyone has any tips on how to defeat her, feel free to share. 

Because of all this, I’m already looking at what I will play next which is probably Until Dawn.

Happy hunting everyone!

Did you try lowering the difficulty to easy?

If you have already, then try grinding in that one area that has random rooms every time you enter(sorry I forget the name)

You can get really strong equipment if you put enuff time in there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, neospoon said:

Update #2

1. God of War 11% > 17% > 91% - 35/37
  2. The Hong Kong Massacre 24% > 30% - 10/20
  3. Until Dawn - 4/19 - 14%
  4. Doom  17/55 - 21%
  5. The Last of Us Part II  2/28 - 2%

God of War (91% 35/37)
I was hoping this update would include the platinum for God of War. So far I’ve enjoyed everything this game had to offer. Did everything I needed to do to beat the story got all the trophies. And then there’s the Valkyrie Queen... I don’t know how many times I’ve tried beating her, it just won’t happen. Tried numerous different builds, watched countless videos on how to beat her easily(...) It’s quickly ruining the experience I had with the rest of the game. Which is sad because I really had fun playing it. I will keep trying but with much less interest than before. If anyone has any tips on how to defeat her, feel free to share. 

Because of all this, I’m already looking at what I will play next which is probably Until Dawn.

Happy hunting everyone!

Did you take a look at the 100% trophy walkthrough here on PSNP? I beat the Queen on my first attempt having followed it, I don’t remember my exact build or anything like that but it should be all there in the guide.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Trails of Cold Steel 2 spoilers only:

Spoiler

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt like the extra two epilogues were kind of pointless.  I would have much preferred III started with that information then II ending with it.  I am, however, enjoying the fact that Vita and Crow are total beasts in the last dungeon.

10 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Im totally not gonna read that.1f605.png

I think II is a little harder unless you have a good grasp of the stacking/buffing/etc mechanics.  But otherwise, yes, CSII is awesome.

6 hours ago, neospoon said:

Update #2

God of War (91% 35/37)

Happy hunting everyone!

As others said, did you try lowering the difficulty to easy?  For me it was really just a matter of watching her and anticipating what she was going to do next.  I focused more on not taking damage than dealing out damage so the fight was a little long but I beat her on my second try.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

Hide contents

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt like the extra two epilogues were kind of pointless.  I would have much preferred III started with that information then II ending with it.  I am, however, enjoying the fact that Vita and Crow are total beasts in the last dungeon.

Still only CS2 spoilers:

Spoiler

I wouldn't say the occupation part is pointless.  I can see where people who have only played the Cold Steel games would think so, but it definitely is meant to be a tie in for the Crossbell arc to the Erebonian one since CS3, CS4 and Hajimari do continue the plot that happened in Zero and Ao no Kisek and that was something we definitely didn't want to happen off screen.  However, I think it would have been better if you were playing antagonist side and played as Rean and Altina rather than Lloyd and Rixia. But I think the epilogue wasn't as needed and honestly I would have rather they ditched that and if anything include the annexation of North Ambria which does happen off screen between CS2 and CS3 and definitely has a bit more importance to the plot.

But otherwise I hope you get to start CS3 soon enough. 

3 hours ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

This cheating jerk... we've been collecting the light bulbs from the bridge in the slums, wanting to do the jump into the water during the night trophy on the way...

So we're climbing up, collection the bulbs, going higher checking for collectibles on top...

AND THEN HE SLIPPED AND FELL INTO THE WATER - unlocking the trophy ... and the guy who climped all the way to the top, grabbed the flag, looted the chest, took a plunge into the water from the highest point of the bridge, still during the night ... no trophy for that. :angry: 

Says the guy who got the trophy in the Borderlands 3 Krieg DLC before we were done with all of the side quests and crew challenges ?

• Like 1