Do you think should Infallible trophy be removed/altered?

Realtione

3 minutes ago, BeforeJam said:

I think it should. This game crosses a line that trophy lists shouldn't cross - the difference between difficulty and cruelty. Hard, but fair trophy lists are rewarding and demonstrative of an achievement in skill. Infallible is too luck-based to be this, no matter how good a player is, it's entirely possible they just won't ever get that trophy because of factors outside of their control. The best player in the world may find the trophy impossible, while a mediocre player could get it easily. It's just not good sportsmanship.

If I remember correctly I've read sth about matchup being parallel to players' skill level. So, highly skilled gamers especially those who have a squad would have much more chance than a mediocre gamer. 

• Like 2

Its a tricky one. If they split the team and solo game modes up there gonna have to release alot more games to make up for it. But i dont want them to do that just for one trophy because team games are hilarious and i would prefer them in the same playlist

Only one i dont like is jinxed. 2 teams so a 50/50 chance of losing even tho you can control the fate of yourself unlike other team games

1 minute ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Its a tricky one. If they split the team and solo game modes up there gonna have to release alot more games to make up for it. But i dont want them to do that just for one trophy because team games are hilarious and i would prefer them in the same playlist

Only one i dont like is jinxed. 2 teams so a 50/50 chance of losing even tho you can control the fate of yourself unlike other team games

Atleast with jinxed it can be won based off a players skill. I have won jinxed 3 times being the last player on my team not jinxed... but team tail tag i can hold a tail literally the entire round and still be eliminated... fall ball get stuck on a team of 4 while the other team has 5... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

It should be changed and I agree that the trophy list leaves more to be desired and there should have been more game mode oriented but it is what it is at this point. Due to the terrible latency in this game I really feel like it should be adjusted to "MAKE five finals in a row." 

Tail grab is insanely bad. I know it is the same for everyone but that doesn't make it any less frustrating.  

5 finals in a row would be nice, or even 3 episode wins a in a row would be far more achievable, yet still prove to be very difficult as well.

Although, if they separate team games from solo games, then honestly the trophy would be dependent on the own players skill. You have to best everyone else. Which is what it should be (team games being the only thing preventing this)

4 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I think it should be changed. Either lower the requirement to 2 or 3 in a row (still very hard) or make it a long grind like win 100 episodes.

100 episodes!! Lets do that! Im like halfway there

Edited by OFFICER_OILDAB
Grammar
  • Like 2

I haven't played and don't think I ever will play because it's just not my kind of game. However, reading all of this is entertaining. My opinion is don't change it but add a training mode which I believe they don't have. Make it so people can practice the stages they're bad at or stages they've never played much before. That would probably remove some of the grief.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

It should be changed and I agree that the trophy list leaves more to be desired and there should have been more game mode oriented but it is what it is at this point. Due to the terrible latency in this game I really feel like it should be adjusted to "MAKE five finals in a row." 

Tail grab is insanely bad. I know it is the same for everyone but that doesn't make it any less frustrating.  

5 finals in a row would be neat actually. I've heard about 50 episodes or 100 episodes win etc but not sure if the list needs another grind trophy. 5 finals in a row would require some effort but also would be far more achievable. May lead to backlash from the ppl who achieved wins in a row :P

• Like 1

I feel like if they really wanted to make it difficult to get they could have just required more wins overall. 

Having 5 in a row with so much luck involved doesn't really make much sense to me considering it's a party based game.

Another game that comes to mind is Stardew Valley. All the other trophies are fairly easy to get and just take time except for 1 trophy that was very difficult compared to the others.

1 minute ago, ViralSyN said:

I feel like if they really wanted to make it difficult to get they could have just required more wins overall. 

Having 5 in a row with so much luck involved doesn't really make much sense to me considering it's a party based game.

Another game that comes to mind is Stardew Valley. All the other trophies are fairly easy to get and just take time except for 1 trophy that was very difficult compared to the others.

fector's challange? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alex8_X said:

So basically people who doesnt want the trophy to be changed are the ones who already got It.

Not really even one guy who hasn't played the game argued that it should not be changed, that's what I like about the discussion. 

But let's face that minigames especially them 'team' games are not fairly adjusted. For a game that doesn't let you choose minigames or let you play race games only it is undeniably frustrating for some. Plus there are plenty of people who can't even complete slime race. There is a difference between a selection of games where you play hexagone with 6 people (e.g. after a slime race) or with 17 people. Lol.

4 minutes ago, Abdizur87 said:

How is it even possible? The odds have got to be in the multi millions. 

This is not a closed system nor an *unaltered* odds. So don't approach it mathematically. 

Also got to mention that there had been changes and adjustments although few people achieved the trophies. This trophy could be one of them or not, depends on the developers. 

Edited by Realtione

Of course not. It's supposed to be a difficult trophy, it shouldn't be changed to appease the people who didn't get it. That's not how life works.

I would even bet people who are complaining about this trophy are the same ones to say "trophies are too easy nowadays," then go on to complain about Ratalaika games, journalists that play games on Easy (which is indeed lame, but that's not the point), etc. 

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Abdizur87 said:

How is it even possible? The odds have got to be in the multi millions. 

The odds of winning would be in the millions if everyone was of equal skill but they are not.

Trust me I have won 100+ games and come first in so many races I have lost track, skill plays a bigger part in whether you win or lose in this game.

Edited by KON007

Yes, they should because it's unfair. First of all people playing in Squat have like 10x more chances of winning this, second you have pure RNG stages (like the one you have to walk a path and there are fake floor everywhere where you can fall), then team stages are bullshit too, and if it wasn't enough, tail grab final depends entirely on how lucky you're to have all the players from your continent because if not, they can grab your tail from 1km away. The game is broken and that trophy is garbage right now, but it's ok, I'll just stop playing when I get to lvl 40 and if in a few months/years they modify the trophy, I'll come back, if not, I won't.

21 minutes ago, KON007 said:

The odds of winning would be in the millions if everyone was of equal skill but they are not.

Trust me I have won 100+ games and come first in so many races I have lost track, skill plays a bigger part in whether you win or lose in this game.

If you play alone, even if you're Godlike in the game, the chances of winning 5 in a row are 1 in 1000 if we're being generous. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

We are already at 186+ earners just on PSNProfiles.

The developer responded to a bunch of people claiming it would be impossible before the game was out and the trophy could be earned with memes, because it wasn't and isn't impossible, as shown by the evidence we now have.

Of course it's hard, it's a challenge to obtain and the developer decided whenever they chose the trophy requirements, coded them in and submitted them to Sony, that they were fine it with.

Trophies requirements have no obligation to be earnable by any and everyone who starts up a game. They're a game within a game. They can be based on luck, skill, or sometimes hardware requirements, and sometimes a combination of things. Some games will just have trophies that require more effort and guess what, some people will not be able to earn it. It's not glitched and it's not impossible.

No, the requirements should not be changed. The trophy doesn't change the gameplay or enjoyment of the game itself and it's not glitched nor is it impossible to earn. The only reason to change it is entitlement and people choose their parameters before deciding to play any games. If people choose to only limit themselves to games they already know they will earn every trophy in, then they're already choosing to limit their games and they might as well choose not to play this one. If people choose to only play games from developers/publishers that always give them the warm and fuzzies, then they're already choosing not to play this one if they don't like the twitter responses.

The developer has no good reason to cater to the limitations people have chosen to impose on themselves. They made a game that people are enjoying (26.5k players here already!) and people are earning the trophy in question, be it through luck or skill, it doesn't matter. It IS achievable and should be left for people to decide it fits in their artificial, self-imposed limitations or not.

I completely agree with this and not because the trophy has been earned thankfully, but rather because that trophies are not supposed to be easy and simple to unlock. That's the whole point of an achievement. They're difficult and brag-worthy in a few cases and this trophy is just one of the many additions to that "brag" worthy list. I do believe some kind of additional mode that is solo-only would be a great addition for the people that can't stand the team-based games but really and truly - the overall trophy "unlock" condition shouldn't be changed at all.

No I don't think in a million years the trophy should be changed.

There can't be game mode specific trophies either since the game will almost certainly cycle game modes in and out. Wouldn't be too good if you can no longer earn a tail trophy because the tail game isn't in season 2 or something.