Do you think should Infallible trophy be removed/altered?

Realtione

Didn't this game just come out? So if you can't earn a trophy after a few days you want it altered? People are earning it so it is possible. Some people wont be able to plat this game...trust me there are a lot of games on my list that I won't platinum.

We have a saying at our office "it is better to be lucky than to be good" so keep trying and you will get it...or you won't.

• Like 4

In fairness the developers prepared us for the “Impossible” trophy before the game came out so I’m sure many of us excepted something frustrating. I’ve been holding myself back from this game because of this trophy only and in my opinion the trophy might as well stay due to players already earned it in such a short amount of time. Couple reasons why it’s so infuriating is the bad functionality of the servers as I’ve been disconnected and kicked out several times playing on my alt account so I think they should work on it including the game have a lot of luck factors. Another thing would be to have the “Team” based maps in an own game mode as they are the most heavily reliant and difficult to get through.

Edited by JethrowRogueSZ2

I've changed my mind, it actually seems pretty doable. I got a three streak and a friend of mine got four before losing. Once you gain enough skill to basically blitz through the first four rounds qualifying with no issues, basically you just have to factor the finale as being the key challenge. I think it'll become at least slightly more challenging as time goes on, however I assume most players will remain pretty trash or bad luck. The 60 player count is less of a factor since it more whittles down to you and a couple others that are actual threats to your victory.

If anything, I do still agree that team games have too much influence. I don't think the trophy should be changed, but perhaps a separate playlist with solo only mini-games would alleviate a lot of people's complaints.

28 minutes ago, Lezonidas said:

The difference is that most of those trophies are grindy, and you will eventually get them, while this one gets only harder the more you wait (since other players get better)

Since you say “most” (I’m not sure which data set you’re referencing), that means there are “some” other games that exhibit what you’re speculating will happen with this game. Should those games also have their trophies altered?

11 hours ago, Alos88 said:

Not removed. But allow us to filter out team matches if we choose- the trophy should be a reflection of individual skill and not getting lucky with your team on top  of that.

Not another "lucky" comment about the team games ?.

Luck plays a very small role in the team games, with the exception of Team Tail Tag and Hoarders. All the other team games can be won 99% of the time if you're good at them. Take Jinxed for example......I bet you've never thought about running up to the other team and getting jinxed on purpose within the first 10 seconds. That's what I do.... because I'm really good at going around and tagging other players. I bet you just run around trying not to get jinxed. Egg Scramble is easy, if you get good at it. Those gold eggs are lots of points. Just focus on those and get better at the game. Hoopsie Daisy is easy to dominate if you know what you're doing. Rock N' Roll is 50/50 (ill give you that one), but the main problem I've seen is teams running into one of the poles while pushing it up the hill. Get good at making your team avoid that and you can win a lot more often. And obviously Fall Ball is the easiest to dominate if you're good at it. I've had to of played that over 40 times now and maybe lost 3 or 4 times?? Maybe more (you know how sometimes people poorly estimate stuff like that? But even so, if i am.... it's no more than 5 or 6 times.

Not to mention, 4 out of the 7 you have a 66.66% chance of winning (i know that's not exact, since how good or bad teams are play a small role in that). You don't have to finish first.... just don't finish last.

I love the team games... they're some of my favorites. I think it's just difficult to win an episode. Even the players that might have 50+ wins, they lose more than half the time.... way more than half the time. I think it's just easier for people to get on forums and say "It's LUCK based... it's all luck based" instead of actually being patient and getting better at the game.

There is luck involved with most video games.... but you can make this game less than 50% luck by getting better at it. ?.

Just some words of encouragement. ?

11 hours ago, mizimmer said:

Just out of curiosity,  has there ever been a case were the devs actually changed the trophy requieremts (made it easier to get it) after the game had been released?

Tomb Raider required you to buy everything from the store in the multiplayer. The most expensive thing needed you to prestige the multiplayer 3 times to purchase it. That was ridiculous for how crap that multiplayer was and they updated it to you only having to reach the max level once to get the trophy.

Also, in this case they shouldn't remove the trophy. Stop being a wuss. Sometimes you get a trophy. Sometimes you don't. No one has every trophy ever made

Edited by HMS_Victor

I think people have been spoilt by how easy the newer playstation exclusive trophy lists are. If you are going to not play this game (WHICH IS FREE BTW) because of a trophy then I feel bad that you are missing out on such a fun game. Even though we are on a trophy hunting website games aren't all about trophies, if you want your 100% completion rate then just play on a second account, just experience the game. Also if you are abusing the devs over a trophy then you are the issue with the gaming/trophy hunting community 

They can do whatever they want.  But as soon as I hit level 40 I'm done with this game forever.  Ive manged to win consecutive games and once made 5 straight finals so it's my fault.  With that said I only ever lose in team games and some tail grab games (once had a streak of 13 straight tail grab finals) I pretty much win every fall mountain and some hex finals.  

I've had numerous wins where I don't get the crown and other rewards along with the error message.  I wonder if this affects your streak.   I've also seen people glitching the tail grab final by quitting.   Not worth the stress of going for 5.  

I'm shocked at how fun people are saying this game is.   There is a shocking lack of content, it's repetitive and the controls suck.  There is nothing fun about it after the novelty runs out after the first hour or two. 

They would do well to add more maps and more interesting trophies as DLC to retain players.  

It seems enough players can get it but I don't have the motivation to keep trying unless they remove team games.  It would have been nice if the trophy was back to back wins or something like 50 total wins. 

Edited by neahcrow
  • Like 1

Why I see that this trophy should be altered or then give us mode where its easier to get this trophy is because game genre "battle royale" what this game is, counts players as a "winner" reaching certain point and criterias in a match.

I take an example game which I've played quite a lot, called Apex Legends. In Apex Legends it has ranked mode which has totally its own rated based matchmaking. In ranked mode you have different ranks, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum etc. When you start a match while you are at Gold ranking, its costs you to attend to ranked match 24 ranked points. To earn these ranked points, there are two ways to get them in a match, when you kill other players and when you reach certain placement in a match. So even if you are in top 10 or top 1, its only means that you "won even more" the more points you gathered, but still in both cases I increased my rating. You aren't even meant to win every match to meet your rating where you belong. And when you are earning more points than losing, its IMO a win, because you are reaching higher rank and meeting more skilled players.

And as I see with this Fall Guys game, this has some kind of skill-based matchmaking and I am sure about it because in my matches, more and more people knows tactics even in first races and are more aware what they need to do in final rounds. And when I reach to the finals and either I win or lose, I am pretty sure that every time my hidden rating increases and face more and more skilled players. So when I am at point with this game that my win rate is ~50%, this trophy becomes really hard for me time to time. Of course I could exploit this system and lose my games intentionally and hope my rating decreases, but is it the way that his game is meant to be played? I doubt that.

How I'd like to see this trophy to get changed is that either you need to reach finals 5 times row or if this game ever gonna have rating system, you need to reach certain rating.

And one last thought, in example Apex Legends there can be bronze player with 5 consecutive wins while highest rated player might have only 2, but still have higher rating, so which one of these players have achieved more?

• Like 1

I had a stretch where I won six of my games yesterday including three in a row, and that was after only having four total wins before that. I'm not even trying for this trophy, so I'm sure there are going to be plenty of people on here that will get it eventually. It all comes down to a mix of skill and luck anyway in just about every event outside of a few races anyway.

21 hours ago, mizimmer said:

Just out of curiosity,  has there ever been a case were the devs actually changed the trophy requieremts (made it easier to get it) after the game had been released?

Yes, the choose your path trophy for star wars battlefront two required you to kill fifty heroes or villains but only the one chosen as target counted. It was really difficult because a teammate could steal your kill. The developers changed it to kill fifty enemies. Target was removed from the game. that is how i was able to plat the game in a week.

I don’t want the trophy requirements changed, but I’d like the option to remove team games from the playlist. Have squads and solos as a separate thing. I can qualify from solo rounds 90% of the time, but team games are usually an automatic out for me. I feel like eliminating team games removes a large part of the luck factor which is where a lot of the trophy issues lie. People aren’t upset because the trophy is hard (well maybe some are ?) but more because it doesn’t matter how good you are, you can still get put on a bad team that can’t work together and have your streak end.

Also I would have loved to see some map related trophies! I think they’d be more fun than buy 50 items from the shop ?

19 hours ago, RedSkyKing said:

No. The devs shouldn’t pander to a small minority who are whining about it. It’s the devs every right to create a trophy list they see fit for their game, they are the devs after all. People seriously need to stop acting so entitled, like it’s the end of the world that there’s actually a challenging trophy list.

I don't feel 'entitled' to anything -- I just don't like the attitude the developers are taking regarding it. There's too much random chance involved to obtain the trophy, which defeats the purpose of it. If it involved actual player skill or challenge, then I would agree. But it's just RNG bullshit and then you have players actively preventing people from obtaining it in the game (which is wrong and every player that does that should be messaged or pointed out in a video online).

So if people are getting the trophy, it has nothing to do with their playing ability.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I don't feel 'entitled' to anything -- I just don't like the attitude the developers are taking regarding it. There's too much random chance involved to obtain the trophy, which defeats the purpose of it. If it involved actual player skill or challenge, then I would agree. But it's just RNG bullshit and then you have players actively preventing people from obtaining it in the game (which is wrong and every player that does that should be messaged or pointed out in a video online).

So if people are getting the trophy, it has nothing to do with their playing ability.

No offense, but this is such a bad player mentality. There's hardly any luck involved, especially if you run in a squad. The only game that is out of your control is hoarders. 

Every other team game has fail proof strategies for victory. And I've had multiple 3 and 4 win streaks. It's not luck, so much as taking the time to develop skills to win. 

And fyi, the devs have said there would be easier ways to get it in the future. 

• Like 3