DLC trophy thoughts

Hunt4Platinum

6 minutes ago, MrJAMBA said:

Spoken like someone with a 30% completion rate.. Anyways, I think he makes a few good points. The plans were already in place to integrate these trophies; why not put them in the base game. 

Since God of War (2018), Sony now requires its developers to not include any difficulty related  trophies in its base game list (i.e. for the Platinum Trophy)  This isn't just a 'rule of thumb', but a policy for SIE/PlayStation Studios published games. PowerPyx has confirmed this, and I have a friend who has also privately mentioned this to me in the past. DLC and patches are free game, so developers who want to include more difficult stuff can do so through that medium. If you backtrack it makes complete sense. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Since God of War (2018), Sony now requires its developers to not include any difficulty related  trophies in its base game list (i.e. for the Platinum Trophy)  This isn't just a 'rule of thumb', but a policy for SIE/PlayStation Studios published games. PowerPyx has confirmed this, and I have a friend who has also privately mentioned this to me in the past. DLC and patches are free game, so developers who want to include more difficult stuff can do so through that medium. If you backtrack it makes complete sense. 

Yea, I know about that unfortunately. I'll just never agree with it. They don't want to hurt sales. Gotta cater to everyone now days, I suppose.

• Like 1

I'm fine with it so long as it's allowed to do it on ng+ and use accessibility options such as slow-mo and lock-on aiming. I can't imagine going against the rat king on grounded mode without any help, it even killed me once on my easy mode ng+. I don't recall any boss fight as tough in TLOU part 1 even in grounded mode, bloaters are nowhere near as scary

Edited by Nathaniel_Wu

7 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

That's actually really interesting. I had a feeling there was some sort of mandate by the higher ups at Sony. Probably because easy plats sell. 

Hmmm I think it might be possible to get both throphies in a single playthrough if the permadeath is an accessibility option. 

For example you play grounded the whole game and keep a save at the final encounter/checkpoint. Then finish the game on grounded. Afterwards revert your save and put permadeath on. As long as permadeath is not required as a starting option, then I think we can bypass an extra run. 

Grounded will probably need a full run from the start since your difficulty switches to "custom" once you change some stuff. 

Anyway lets try things out when it becomes available :)

Edited by Laozuli
  • Like 1

The only thing that makes a permadeath to me doable is if I can go there fully loaded NG+. Have died only 3 times on hard, so this shouldn't be an issues, just to be more careful. Grounded is a different story, but with autosave it is still as easy as it could be, now just have to start to use weapons instead of hoarding ammo:).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hunt4Platinum said:

Well we all knew it was coming.. Permadeath and Grounded mode 

If I knew it was coming then I wouldn't have played it on my new 100% account... Replaying the game the first time for the upgrade trophies was really boring, I can't believe I have to play it again twice (if I do permadeath on the first try which I doubt)

1 minute ago, Flipendo52 said:

If I knew it was coming then I wouldn't have played it on my new 100% account... Replaying the game the first time for the upgrade trophies was really boring, I can't believe I have to play it again twice (if I do permadeath on the first try which I doubt)

They announced it prior to launch. I'm not gunna blame you for not knowing, but this also isn't random news.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alex_R-13 said:

Oh and the complaining begins again. If you are so butthurt that the game finally has "hard" trophies, don't go for them. Also, you will more than likely be able to backup saves and revert to an old one in case you die, requiring only one additional playthrough. Skip the cutscenes and follow some speedrun strats and you are done fairly quickly. 

This website has a big fat completion percentage right next to your name on your trophy card, just because not having 100% doesn't bug you that doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ZJW44 said:

If you actually cared to look into it you’d be aware that The Last of Us Part II has sold better than Ghost of Tsushima so far...

You just come off like a crazy person haha 1f602.png 

It's clear you haven't looked into this at all.  Look at how fast people put the game down.   I don't doubt it sold well, but that's zero indicator of a good game.  The first was a classic.  The mob was going to buy this game regardless.  Go look on youtube at actual user reviews opposing your echo chamber.  Might just surprise you how crazy a turn this series took.  

Haven't plat TLOUP2 yet, so maybe my NG+ playthrough will be on Grounded (assuming you can do it on NG+).

As for permadeath, it will be interesting to see more details about it in the future. The wording makes me believe that it is not going to be as annoying as people seem to think. As long as it is not "Mein Leben"-esque, I welcome the challenge.

In any case, I know some trophy hunters don't like these difficulty-related free DLC, but, personally, they give me more reasons to revisit these games, especially masterpieces (*prepares for the incoming heat* ?) like TLOUP2.

• Like 2

I couldn't even finish the game once, because it's too boring (mainly the story and characters) Stopped shortly after the falsely advertised scene where "Joel" muffles Ellie from behind. Anyway, hope I can get the eventual 100% on the second playthrough rather than a third..

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1