Trophy Thoughts.

Extremely dissapoined in this list and no platinum. Was going to use this as my #50 and now that just isn't happening. I still pre-ordered it so I'll play it, it's one of my favorite childhood games. But from a trophy perspective, it's just unsatisfying. 

I suppose the only redemptive part is that "Collect all artifacts" trophy. I'm guessing that will either be an ultra rare or very rare trophy due to the grind. Guess we'll see though.

To the end of the line this goes for my backlog

Like others have said it's stupid how on a weekly basis you have a few games where you can earn the plat in thirty minutes or less (and stack them too) but a SE game has a lazy list

Every other FF game (except for Dissidia free version) had plats so not sure why this doesn't 

SE knows (as most devs/publishers do) that a plat can make or break a game

Look at the recent release of Rode Bustle for example

It looks like a crappy flash game but probably sold very well because it has a ten minute plat

I could understand if this was last-gen as plats weren't nearly as common as they are now but 95% of PS4 games have them

This is very disappointing, echoing pretty much everyone here. This game has a special place in my heart and seeing this less than 12h from launch really hurts. Wish they would have even added a "beat x dungeon" trophy cause that would literally be 13-14 more trophies. Up to 28 if they had also "beat x dungeon on hard".

Won't stop me from playing and having fun but like... It took me 10 seconds maybe to think of a basic list that over doubles the current trophy list...

• Like 1

I'm so happy this game doesn't have a platinum. I like to play games for fun and I don't have to worry about getting a platinum for once or have someone bragging getting plat first! I'm still pre-ordering for the beautiful theme though. This game just pushed the boundaries from seperation of gamers who play games for fun and gamers who only care for platinum trophies (which I see most of in these comments..sad). At the end of the day the gameplay and story is what really matters in a game the trophies are just a little extra add-on. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

To the end of the line this goes for my backlog

Like others have said it's stupid how on a weekly basis you have a few games where you can earn the plat in thirty minutes or less (and stack them too) but a SE game has a lazy list

Every other FF game (except for Dissidia free version) had plats so not sure why this doesn't 

SE knows (as most devs/publishers do) that a plat can make or break a game

Look at the recent release of Rode Bustle for example

It looks like a crappy flash game but probably sold very well because it has a ten minute plat

I could understand if this was last-gen as plats weren't nearly as common as they are now but 95% of PS4 games have them

A platinum does not make or break a game. I can't imagine you playing games back in the late 90's and early 00's where there was no such thing as platinums. You wouldn't survive a day! You might of aswell not even bother playing videogames at all. 

Just now, DoomsdayVivi said:

He's literally just being a troll. Here is a quote from his post on August 2nd: 

"ehh tbh most of us on this website like a game with a Platinum. It's the best feeling knowing you accomplished all trophies for that beautiful platinum to unlock. Hard pass for me."

Ah, I've been gotten. Well played, sir

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DoomsdayVivi said:

He's literally just being a troll. Here is a quote from his post on August 2nd: 

"ehh tbh most of us on this website like a game with a Platinum. It's the best feeling knowing you accomplished all trophies for that beautiful platinum to unlock. Hard pass for me."

Edit: He also has over 200 platinum trophies, lmao

I'm actually not being a troll for this specific game though. That is just another copy paste battle royale game I was talking about. Yes, it's a good feeling to get platinum for a game. Was I disappointed in this trophy list? Yes, but it's not stopping be from buying it. This is a good game and it's sad some people will miss out on it due to a trophy list. But it'll still be successful....hopefully since it doesn't have couch co-op which i was kinda disappointed in. I've played plenty of games that only had golds,silvers and bronze and it's as much as a platinum when you have to 100%. It's just sad seeing so many people skip out on this game but then again this website is specifically only for trophy hunters so I can't defend myself there.

Edited by TheSleepyBeauty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hinsusta said:

There is one dungeon difficulty trophy. After beating the game you have to kill every boss again on "hard mode". 

I've see my mistake, I thinked it was normal last boss. Thank you ! 

Edited by Waraneasy
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

A platinum does not make or break a game. I can't imagine you playing games back in the late 90's and early 00's where there was no such thing as platinums. You wouldn't survive a day! You might of aswell not even bother playing videogames at all. 

I grew up playing games during that time and did just fine

Also why are you on a trophy website and making this argument? 

I'll play the game eventually but the trophy list is pretty damn lazy considering the grind

• Like 1