Sony Sending Email To Register For When PS5 Pre Orders Are Available

Aranea Highwind

os8Uw5Ul.png

There will be a limited quantity of PS5 consoles available for pre-order, so we will be inviting some of our existing consumers to be one of the first to pre-order one from PlayStation.

Pre-order reservations will be taken on a first-come-first-serve basis, so once you get an invite via email, we encourage you to follow instructions and act fast.

If you are interested in receiving an invitation, register below.

If selected, we will contact you via email with instructions and details.*

To learn more about the PS5 console pre-order process, please visit our FAQs.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2020/ps5-direct-pre-orders/

Edited by Aranea Highwind
  • Like 2

Please note for this first round you must have a United States address for the pre-order to be shipped too, if selected. Looks like you can still sign up even if outside the US but you have to have your order shipped to a US address.

Also remember just because you sign up doesn't mean you'll be selected. Looks like they are basing it off previous history and activity within PlayStation.

Source: Playstation 5 | Direct Pre-Orders FAQ

Edited by Sword

Hahahaha, i pre ordered my 2 allready in may... Lol

1 hour ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Nah, I'm gonna wait until they fix all the possible issues at launch. If history taught us anything, the launch consoles almost always have some problems. Plus, there will be more games in the library. 

Yeah you do that while i enjoy my launch consoles at launch?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Good for you mate. ;) Just don't complain when you have any trouble. 

No doubt they improve consoles over the generation, and release new models- just look at the slim and the pro- but a friend of mine has had a day 1 launch PS4 all the way up until now and had no issues with it.

I really wonder where this ridiculous notion of launch consoles being so plagued with issues comes from, because there is only one that actually comes to mind and that was the Xbox 360, but that was because it was rushed out (released only 3-4 years after the launch of the original Xbox). Fat PS3s are known to YLoD after a good bit of use, true, unless you open it up and change the cheap thermal paste, which you should really do with all PlayStation consoles if you know what you are doing or you know somebody who does; even my PS4 Pro runs so quietly since I re-pasted it. I have an old PS4 as well that I use as an alt and it runs great. Sure, later revisions have some marginal improvements but if you treat and store any machine properly it should last you years. There is, of course, no shame in waiting to pick up a new console and there are plenty of good reasons to wait, but the fear of possible problems based off ONE botched console 15 years ago from a different company really isn't a good reason.

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 3

Looks like Sony are just trying to stur up some hype by saying stock will be limited. I'll just preorder off Simplygames as soon as order's are readily available. 

I got both the Switch amd PSVR at laumch despite only preordering them 2 weeks beforehand 

7 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Good for you mate. ;) Just don't complain when you have any trouble. 

To be fair, the PS4 had no systemic issues. Some ps3s did but that wasn’t restricted to the launch model, same for 360. People where getting replacements for those several years after launch.

Ill just keep the receipt and box and, if there are issues, get a fix or replacement. Not that I expect it to be an issue.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

2 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

We don't even know the fucking price yet. How can anyone make an informed decision about this console without even knowing what it's going to cost them? This is crazy. 

Why is this crazy? The Price will be between 400 and 600 Euro. Where is the problem?

10 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

We don't even know the fucking price yet. How can anyone make an informed decision about this console without even knowing what it's going to cost them? This is crazy. 

Because if someone has actual serious plans to get a new console at launch then they will already have the money saved or at least will have the money to do so when the time comes, and an educated guess would be to have $400- $600 set aside for it, even more if they plan to get the numerous accessories and even one of those "Ready for PS5" TVs.

Also, bear in mind that this isn't the actual pre-orders yet, this is basically the sign-up to be informed of the pre-orders, where you will be told the price and can decide whether or not to do so.

Edited by Stan Lee

3 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Because if someone has actual serious plans to get a new console at launch then they will already have the money saved or at least will have the money to do so when the time comes, and an educated guess would be to have $400- $600 set aside for it, even more if they plan to get the numerous accessories and even one of those "Ready for PS5" TVs.

Also, bear in mind that this isn't the actual pre-orders yet, this is basically the sign-up to be informed of the pre-orders, where you will be told the price and can decide whether or not to do so.

What Stan Lee said. It isn't like they're saying, "You have now contracted your soul to buy this system for whatever price we determine."

If you get the opportunity to pre-order, but decide you don't like the price, you can always opt out; Sony has no legal claim to your money simply because you registered to pre-order.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Why is this crazy? The Price will be between 400 and 600 Euro. Where is the problem?

4 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

What Stan Lee said. It isn't like they're saying, "You have now contracted your soul to buy this system for whatever price we determine."

If you get the opportunity to pre-order, but decide you don't like the price, you can always opt out; Sony has no legal claim to your money simply because you registered to pre-order.

Yeah, I think I'm just annoyed that the price still hasn't been announced even though they're supposedly going to be in our living rooms in less than 3 months.

• Like 1