WORST TROPHIES EVER YOU EARNED

cik93

My list of worst trophies is (includes grind, online, difficulty specific, timed trophies, etc):

Rockhound ( inFamous )
Find 100% of the Shards.

This is the game with must collectibles I've done and itsss so boring

13L1a961c.png

Bomb Disposal ( Ratchet & Clank All 4 One )
Blow up 85% of the exploding crates in Aldaros Plains.

One of the worst R&C games personally, what makes this trophy so annoying (like most of the other trophies for this game) is that is really easy to mess it up, so you must keep repeating the same level until you get it.

4L8519da.png

Yes I Speak English ( GTA San Andreas )
Reach 50 fares in Taxi Mode.

Same as the previous one, really easy to screw it up, I think the game saves your progress when you reach 25 fares so you don't need to the 50 in a row but still, really boring and tedious.

21L9b7fad.png

Star 69 (Call of Duty MW2)
Earn 69 stars in Special Ops.

This trophy is really simple, it has his difficult parts while going for it, the problem was that by the time I was going for this trophy I needed a partner to do some co-op missions and I couldn't find one, sooo I had to do them by myself with 2 controllers jaja, so annoying!

36L1d8071.png

Ace Adventurer ( Little Big Planet 3)
Ace all the Adventure levels

I hate this game honestly (and I love LBP games), this game is broken, the problem with this trophy is that you must complete all levels without dying, good seems easy and it is, the problem comes when the game simply decide to stop working and delete all of your progress, yup you needed to create your own backups because you couldn't know if the game would stop working and soft lock permantly, so that was what happened to me so I had to do all from the begining again.

28L017054.png

50 Unique Players ( Little Big Planet 2 )
A level you published was played by 50 unique players

The description of the trophy says everything...

34L026920.png

Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic ( GTA 4 )

You won in all variations of multiplayer games.

Well a infamous trophy, this trophy takes so long, I don't remember in how many gamemodes you must win but I assure you that they are a damn lot, and this is a glitched trophy so by the end you can have everything done and the trophy would not pop (didn't happened to me).

50L791aeb.png

Wanted ( GTA 4 )

You achieved the highest personal rank possible in multiplayer.

This is the biggest grind I´ve ever done especially in multiplayer, it took me 3 days, playing the same mission for 10 hours a day, after doing AWP I ended with rank 5 so getting the other 5 ranks was hell.

49L66cc80.png

Dream Team ( Dead Island Riptide )

Complete all the main quests cooperatively with any number of partners

I thought this would be a breeze since by the time I was going for the plat of this game I finished the game 2 times, had max level good weapons etc, when I found a partner we decide to do all in one go and everything went bad, the game was absurdly laggy to the point where we needed to quit and keeping restarting the game so we can move a little in the game, but we got everything in one go even with this horrible lag.

17Lfa2aa0.png

Coin Master ( Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus )
Get platinum coins in all Ninja Trials

This trophy is pure skill, luck and keeping trying, you must do a lot of extra missions of the game, you must finish each mission 4 times in every difficulty so you can get this  trophy, and this game is truly unfair. This one if not the most hardest trophy in the game.

51L398fdd.png

All missions successfully completed. ( Ninja Gaiden Sima 2 )
Successfully complete all missions.

Same as the previous one, but now you can play this online and with a AI partner to help you in all missions, the problem is that the AI always dies in high difficulty missions and I'm not kidding, making it impossible to plat this game on your own, so you will need a partner for a lot of misions and let me tell you that the servers for this game suck, there's a incredibe frustating lag in each mission, by far the worst trophy I've done.

51L4a1493.png

This are a few of my worst trophies, I didn't put more because the list was getting big, I don't regret getting this trophies, I had good times while going for the plat in all of them, but this trophies are just bu******

Edited by slender_adrian
  • Like 3

Call of Duty: WWII

36L5ba0ce.png

:bronze: Defender

Protect the convoy by shooting down all the planes in The Rhine.

Oh man, this trophy was an utter pain to get. This trophy is basically like Ack Ack, but far, far worse. Mess up once, especially towards the end, and you don't restart the checkpoint quickly enough, the next checkpoint activates, and you basically have to do the entire mission over again to reach this point of the mission to try again.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

40Lb0a051.png

:silver: Conservation

Extract all wild animal species.

Catching those animals that can only be caught with the Capture Cage was incredibly frustrating. Even if you go to the designated areas where you put down the Capture Cages in order to catch said animal, it all comes down to luck. Sometimes you'll get it on your first shot, while others, it will take you many attempts to get due to sheer bad luck. It was sure grating in the mind to see more gerbils caught than the Capture Cage only animals that you're trying to catch.

• Like 1

On 02/09/2020 at 7:48 PM, Fish613 said:

Any of my trophies that are RNG based. I don't mind hard trophies and I don't mind grindy trophies.

Anyway, I'm going to cheat.... I'm going to name a trophy I haven't earned yet, because when I do earn it, it will be the #1 trophy that belongs in this thread for me.    The trophy is  "Well-Connected" for Path of Exile. It's also the last trophy I need to platinum the game.

For those unfamiliar with the game, basically you have to craft a specific piece of armor for the trophy.  But when you craft, what you get is completely random (RNG). You need this one specific material to craft the armor. You use 1 of that material to craft one time. There is a 1/1,200 chance of getting what you need.  So basically if you have 1,200 of that material, that's 1,200 times you can craft to get the trophy.  It takes forever to collect/buy up that much material. 

So here's why I'm including it in this thread:  I've attempted 2,400 times crafting and haven't gotten the trophy. I have over 2,000 material saved up right now (i like to save a lot and do all the crafting in one sitting). I'm probably going to give it another go soon. 

Are you using your highest quality piece of equipment to improve your chances?

27Lbf8d5d.png

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax

High Scorer

You got 300,000,000 or more points in Score Attack.

This is by far the most challenging trophy I've earned to date; I still don't understand why this isn't so much rarer. To get the required amount of points, you have to go through 18 rounds (IIRC) and you can make almost no mistakes. If you got hit in more than 2 different rounds, you basically failed and have to start from the beginning. You can't lower the difficulty.

33La0ade7.png

Red Dead Redemption

Redeemed

Attain 100% in the Single Player Game Completion stat.

Great game but extremely tedious trophy list. I can go on about so many of the trophies, but I'll just talk about the worst thing. In order to obtain 100% completion, you have to hunt animals. They only spawn in certain locations and at certain times. AND it's not a guarantee they will spawn, so you're relying purely on RNG as you continually enter and exit an area. It's even worse than it sounds.

7L5d4ad0.png

Super Bomberman R

Destroyed 1,000,000 Blocks

1,000,000 Blocks Destroyed

By the time you have finished all other trophies, you will be nowhere near 1 million blocks destroyed. You have to keep grinding local multiayer (with an idle 2P) and just keep breaking blocks. I got 1/3 of the to way to 1 million and ended up buying a turbo controller to finish the rest AFK. The AFK grind took about 2 months.

On 2-9-2020 at 10:46 PM, StressEater said:

Yes, I know. The shame of the trophy is to much to bare. So, I didn't list it's name or the game. Those who know what it is, know my pain. ?

Hannah Montana has meme status now. Wear it with pride. The Rata stacks is where the true shame is nowadays.

• Like 1

24L4a917e.png

Honorary Disciple

RAD

0.87% Rarity

25 Achievers

I liked this game a lot, but getting this single trophy was a fucking nightmare

Requires you to complete all of a series of randomly spawning tasks - and took 156 additional runs after getting everything else, just for the last one to spawn.

25L88a160.png

Supplier of Death

Sniper Ghost Warrior

2.05% Rarity

1682 Achievers

An absurd amount of grinding a terrible multiplayer of a terrible game - put me off games with tacked-on, crumby multiplayers for good.

1Lb0204a.png

SPACE OVERLORD

Space Overlords

3.74% Rarity

118 Achievers

An absurd grind again, this time in Single Player, for one of the most woeful games ever given free on PSPlus. This was Vita, which is - incredibly - even more of a grind than it's already awful big-boy-console version.

A travesty.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

There's plenty of horrible trophies I earned during my gaming career, like AWP and Wanted from GTA IV, multiplayer trophies of FC2 which are notoriously grindy, RDR 100%, etc.

However I think the worst possible trophies for me are:

• RNG trophies like:

Did it All - Borderlands 2

50L7bd478.png

This trophy is pretty grindy itself, it basically requires to complete all side-missions of the game and they are a lot!

But I hate it for that damn Jenkins' mission, as I hated every other RNG trophy of the game (Donkey Mong, Chubby creature, Michael Mamaril). Seriously, I fricking love Borderlands but RNG trophies are a disgrace, I guess I've lost more than 10-15h on it doing and repeating the same stuff hoping for the RNG gods to bless me...

• Collectibles trophies:

Curiosity - AC Unity

27Lc63c6b.png

Having to explore the whole map just to collect some (useless) collectibles? Like 400+ collectibles? Why do you developers do this to us? What have we done to you to deserve this?

There's also Old Habits! on AC Origins that was no joke, but at least on that one there was a lot more variety and Ancient Egypt was stunning imo so I didn't feel the grind as on AC Unity.

Another terrible example are collectibles in inFamous 1, with the difference that you cannot track the shards there.

So RNG and Collectibles trophies can be included on the "grind trophies" category.

• Games with online trophies you must rely on multiple players:

War party - Far Cry 2

39Leff95c.png

16 players needed for it. Yes, 16. Seriously Ubisoft? 16???

I clearly remember the day when I boosted this trophy and we had quite some issues on starting the lobby itself. I was "lucky" to end up in the group of 8 players that was intended to get the trophy first, and, surprise surprise, as soon as we got the trophy new "issues" occured preventing the second group to go for it. The host of the session tried his best to keep the group up and trying for a second run but it just didn't work, I still feel for those players that didn't get the trophy that day.

Other notable mentions are Batman Arkham Origins' 6-8 players trophies, but I was lucky here because I got those with 2 friends that had multiple consoles while I used PS3 and PS4 (via PS Now) so it was a breeze.

And least but not last

• Apparent easy trophies that can be a pain for some reason... :

Flyswatter - CoD MW3

69L14654f.png

Ok, this may sound as hilarious, but really, did it ever happen to you to go for a trophy that shouldn't be that hard, but for some odd reason you simply don't seem to get it even after multiple tries?

This is what happened to me with MW3.

This trophy is a bad guy, absolutely the worst trophy of the game in my opinion.

It sounds easy to destroy all 16 Helis on a Spec Op mission, you can also play it on Recruit difficulty.

Then why the hell it was a lot, a lot, a LOT harder than playing and completing the Spec Ops missions on Veteran difficulty itself? 

I completed all DLCs Spec Ops on Veteran and yes some of them can be tricky, but none of them are really hard especially if you have already completed MW2 and MW3 base game Spec Ops, but that Flyswatter trophy is so bad designed imo but in the end I got the trophy with the most dumb strategy ever (still I was lucky because I tried it other times and it wasn't working).

My memory isn't very helpful at the moment but I'm sure there are quite some others "easy" trophies that turn out to be hard to get for whatever reason.

All in all I don't mind grind trophies, difficulty specific trophies or online trophies, but the previous categories I mentioned just kill me everytime I go hunting, and let me mention permadeath trophies too, as I haven't gotten yet any of them but I'm sure Dead Space 2 and Max Payne 3 will be pretty frustrating to platinum because of those permadeath trophies that bring you back to the beginning of the game (as it is for MP3) as soon as you die for whatever reason... 

4 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Hannah Montana has meme status now. Wear it with pride. The Rata stacks is where the true shame is nowadays.

It had its day in the sun, but that time has passed. It was 2009, when games required you to put more effort into them to earn their platinum trophies. Now any idiot can play Breakthrough Gaming Arcade and earn a platinum in less than five minutes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I know this might seem like a really dumb question - I get that - but, genuinely, was the Hannah Montana game actually bad?

Like, what I mean is, obviously it is the meme that it is for a reason - and was one of the first games people used to pad a profile, and it was always a funny joke seeing it on the profiles of adults alongside Call of Duty and Killzone and what-have-you, who were obviously not Hannah Montana fans, but are there any people on the site now who were actually the right demographic at the time, and actually were Hannah Montana fans who can weigh in?

Given that it was 2009, a tweenager then would be in his/her early 20's now, and I'm just wondering if we might have finally aged into an era where there are trophy hunters who had Hannah Montana on their profiles as a genuine game, and not level-padding or as an ironic joke?

I'm actually curious here - I never played it myself (I'm not being aloof- I padded too - Terminator Salvation and that crappy 'SAW' game was my 'Hannah Montana' back then ?) -

but, was the game actually awful, or was it just that we all though Hannah Montana as a brand was awful, regardless of the game? 

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I know this might seem like a really dumb question - I get that - but, genuinely, was the Hannah Montana game actually bad?

It's not great. Did you play Yakuza 5? Do you remember the Haruka sections? That reminded me a lot of Hannah Montana. It was shitty rhythm game, coupled with stupid horse riding and some other shit that I don't remember. 

With that being said, it was no worse than the Haruka sections, either. At least it didn't repeat the same song over and over again, and stupid horse riding isn't any worse than stupid comedy act or stupid handshaking event.

• Like 2

I said I would post some other examples months ago. Here are a couple:

8Le58e5b.png  9Lc793d6.png

From the Warriors vault again. These are tied to a Japanese-only release which combined Warriors Orochi and Warriors Orochi 2 (yes - there was a time when it seemed that Koei wasn't bringing enough Warriors games over the states). The one on the left required getting all the costumes in the game, and the one on the right required getting 400 backgrounds. Both were highly, highly annoying, requiring you to play the game with each character over and over as you built "weapon proficiency", which meant only that you beat thousands of enemies for no good reason. And it was thousands of enemies per character

Oh my lord there have been some stinkers... These are just in order of most recently played. Turns out I put a lot of effort into this post, and that's because these trophies deserve to be exposed.

45Lc234f3.png

:gold: Immortal - MW2 Campaign Remastered - This one was really my fault if anything. The trophy requires you to not die or reload a checkpoint for the entire game. What that means is you have to not die, fail an objective, play the missions in chapter select out of order, or load a game from the start menu. I had to play the game three times on Recruit to get this trophy because the first time I just messed up somewhere, probably loaded from the start menu, the second time I was starting random missions from chapter select because I missed that part like a dumbass, and the third time I got it. The game also loads the trophies in really delayed, so I was sweating into the credits, praying that the trophy unlocked. I was close to losing my mind over this trophy.

10L87a410.png

:silver: The Final Countdown - Castle Crashers - This was truly one of the most abysmal, frustrating trophies I've probably ever done. Castle Crashers was fun and easy. Castle Crashers is a party game for friends. Castle Crashers didn't deserve this horrible trophy. This trophy is for playing the Back Off Barbarian mini game for 2 minutes 30 seconds. I can't even really adequately describe how hard this is, you'd just have to play it to understand. It's a terrible mix of difficulty and luck that makes the entire plat far, far worse than it should have been. 

32L678f80.png

:silver: Omniscient - Oninaki - I actually did not really like this game. Tokyo RPG Factory (probably not the best name for your dev team honestly) did a good job with I Am Setsuna, an ok job with Lost Sphere, and a bad job with Oninaki. But the worst trophy in this game, and it was quite honestly maybe the worst grind I ever had to do for a trophy, was this one. When you use abilities in combat you have the chance of "Awakening" for that character. It just adds a passive bonus to the ability that you slot in. But for this trophy you need all of them, and there are a lot of them, and what Awakening you get is random. I'm not exaggerating in any way when I say this added, what, maybe 8 hours to the platinum? 8 hours of doing the same 15 second loop, endlessly. I got to a point where I had to budget 45 minutes of grinding it out at a time, otherwise I would get so anxious I felt like I was going to give up, give up on my 100% account. I haven't put many games down faster on getting the plat...

7La328fa.png

:gold: Old Tricks - Assault Suit Leynos - Unlike the above Oninaki, Assault Suit Leynos is a terrific game and one that more people should play. It is an amazing gameplay experience and it cannot be understated that I'm proud to have this game on my account. It was on my old account, and it's comfortably on this one. But Jesus Christ, this trophy is hard. Including it on this list maybe isn't entirely fair to the game, since it's not a "worst trophy" per se, but its difficulty is far more frustrating than fair as far as I'm concerned. You have to play the first stage and only kill the boss, nothing else. This may not seem difficult on paper, but if you've never played this game and attempted this trophy feat, you'll have to take my word for it that this was soul-crushingly difficult. I hated this plat both times I did this game. It's just that the game is so worth it, but this trophy is not for the faint of heart.

29Lec9bad.png

:gold: Medalhead - Dark Cloud 2 - This game is better than most. I'm confident saying that in every way, this game is absolutely on par with the best games the world has ever known. The PS2 was blessed to represent some of gaming's finest hours, and this game deserves its spot on the top of the heap. And yet, this trophy exists. If you look at the original game on this site you'll notice that the player base is nearly identical, but the original's platinum rate is over 5x as high. There are a number of reasons for this, but this trophy I have to believe is the most intensified singular reason for that. You have to go through every dungeon floor, of which there are an almost comical amount, and fulfill every single challenge in all of them. Some aren't so bad, but some require such mind-blowing, such teeth-clenching levels of effort that the frustration sets in like the truest of dark clouds. And I hated hated hated Spheda. If you've played this game, you know what Spheda is, and I hope you hated it too because misery loves company.

18Ld3610e.png

:gold: Secret Service Recruit - Project Nimbus: Code Mirai - You know, I wrote the guide for this game. The information for this trophy is attached to the hyperlink, but in short: I wish you could have just let the enemies destroy this plane. I hated this trophy list because of this trophy. This trophy is honestly the definition of a list-killer, because having to suffer through this requirement wrecked this game for me. People have a derisive attitude towards this hobby sometimes because they believe any extraneous effort for a platinum makes the experience of playing the game worse, and that really is not true. But then there are trophies like these that act as incidental, and sad examples of how those dissenting opinions of trophy hunting can actually be quite right...

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'm not sure. From what I see on Youtube it could be alright for a true Hannah Montana fan.

Let's put it like this, I would definitely tap Hannah Montana before I would tap a mayo jar.

About worst trophies: playing shooter games on the hardest difficulty usually puts me off the games completely because it has a way of uncovering all the worst mechanics and shoddy controls. Most of the gameplay for me seems to consist of hiding in cover waiting for my health to regenerate. Those are the moments when I question what the hell I am doing with my life, not when I am platting easy games :D

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

42L6f7fd8.png

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3)

Trophy: Tower of Babble

On Maxis’ side, you need luck and a chunk of coin to get the EMP grenades. Then, you have to hope the lighting zombie spawns under the pylon. Then, you have to pray that it’s done correctly while kitting a sole zombie along to avoid advancing rounds. Such an annoying Easter Egg, but one of my most fulfilling trophies. 

So glad I had a terrific boosting partner @NickoRaptor

Edited by kkulifay
  • Like 2

32Laa5c6c.png

Get a Life (LittleBigPlanet Vita)

I'll just admit it right away - I'm not someone who usually spends too much time creating custom levels and similar. And having to spend a total of 24 ACTIVE hours (as in, you can't just leave the console on for hours)? Ended up putting the Vita facedown in my lap for hours at a time to slowly build up the required time for this.

35La2bf68.png

Millionaire (Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1)

Oh god, the GRIND... so, the quickest way to reach 100 million Credits (money) is to keep fighting this one certain enemy over and over, a particularily tanky enemy that heals itself every turn. (Oh, and to even access the dungeon where you can fight it, you have to go through a chain of finding and bulding several other dungeons, one at a time) The other Re;Birth games also have similar trophies, both of them also annoying grinds, but this is the one I remember being the most painful.

5Lceb6ff.png

Completist (Katamari Forever)

One word: COWBEAR. While getting all items in the collection was mostly pretty fun, a few items were a pain, and especially the Cowbear. Having to roll to a huge size extremely carefully to avoid any other bear/cow items that will end the level, and still do it quick enough to not run out of time? Honestly feel there should be a trophy just for rolling up Cowbear ?

And there are probably some more, but these are the ones that instantly come to mind

• Like 1

Oh, just remembered another one:

5L4a878f.png

Event Organizer (Hatsune Miku Project Diva X)

So not only do you have to play each song 9 times (including on Easy several times, which at my skill level is usually just... kinda boring) but the final request on Ultimate Medley was a nightmare... that was the one thing keeping me from the plat for years, until I finally decided to go for it again and played it countless times until I FINALLY saw "cleared" just as I hit the last few notes (without clearing any technical zone or chance time, somehow)

And while we're at annoying Project Diva trophies:

6Lea3b67.png

Event Organizer (Project Diva F2)

Same name, different condition. For this, you have to watch all events for giving the Vocaloids gifts, which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for two things:

1. Some items have several different events, with one in particular having 15 different ones. It's always random which one you get, and events you've gotten can be repeated a bunch of times...

2. But ok, you can just keep spamming that same item over and over, right? Well... not exactly, as this game added a "cooldown timer" for each character that forces you to wait between each time you give them gifts, and even if you have 6 different ones to give it to, you better hope the RNG is on your side and finally gives you those few damn last events.

And speaking of RNG:

21L042c2f.png

Art Gallery (Project Diva F)

Just a stupid RNG grind, you have to see all the loading screen pics... of which there are 156 total. Unless you're really lucky, you probably won't have gotten all of them by the time you get the rest of the trophies, and I swear I sat for hours clicking back and forth just for the last few images...

I do love this series, but man, does it have some annoying trophies...

Edited by Zanreo

38L1ba57e.png

Tacos (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven)

More frustrating than you might think, it's basically RNG to trigger one of the three stage hazards you need for this and took me at least a solid hour when it really shouldn't have.

10Lccc475.png

234 Sided Fantasy (Four Sided Fantasy)

One mistake and that's an hour-long run wasted, so little room for error. Doesn't help that the game itself isn't great.

10Le18c5b.png

All the Gears (Just Cause 3)

Some of the most enraging, bullshit design I've ever seen in my life. It's a miracle I did this without breaking my DS4 with all the unpatched glitches and terrible physics.

50L5ae2fd.png

Complete Grounded Mode Plus (The Last of Us)

Even with the glitch that lets you carry over progress from an Easy playthrough this sucked. Shoutout to the cabin section with Ellie that I was stuck on for DAYS.

31La9035b.png

Flawless Display (Batman: Arkham Origins)

Point Counter-Point with Deathstroke is tense but exhilarating and ultimately fun. This is crap, through and through, with a bad camera compounding hard-to-dodge attacks from random angles. Another trophy that took me a full day to get when it should've been an hour at most.

36Le4088a.png

Olympian (Batman: Arkham Origins)

35L1947d8.png

Olympian (Batman: Arkham Origins)

These two trophies are why I've got a likely-permanently damaged wrist now, due to hours and hours spent hammering away on one button on a DS3 to overcome the limitations of the Arkham Series' terrible combat system (yeah, I said it). To hell with whoever decided challenge campaigns were a good idea.

2L783526.png

The Collector (Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate)

Wouldn't be so hard on a simple 100% trophy if the game behind it weren't one of the worst I've ever played with glitches and poor design choices making this take 4 days instead of 8 hours.

57L9b9e56.png

Campaign Kitty (Batman: Arkham City)

59Lb18a37.png

Campaign Wonder (Batman: Arkham City)

61L2e501b.png

Campaign Nightwing (Batman: Arkham City)

Another reason my wrist is beyond repair now. At least in Origins you can glitch the trophies for doing the challenges and campaigns with Bruce Wayne, but here? Nope, gotta be ALL legit, so set aside an entire week of your life and get ready for your brain to stop producing serotonin as you grind through the worst bullshit in the series.

103L9eb540.png

Life After Death (Batman: Arkham Knight)

For whatever reason, of ALL the DLC Batmobiles, only the Original Arkham one is as light as a feather and clearly wasn't meant to be played on any of the maps because holy HELL it will go flying if you so much as blink wrong. Far and away the hardest of the stars trophies to get, I hate this thing.

109L8a2ce4.png

The Curtain Falls (Batman: Arkham Knight)

110L8bdb5b.png

Requiem for a Killer (Batman: Arkham Knight)

And here are the two worst COMBAT trophies of Arkham Knight - it's a miracle that Requiem didn't take twice as long as Curtain with how many more Brutes it was throwing my way. More irreversible wrist damage, REALLY appreciate it Rocksteady.

41L62dccc.png

Point of Impact (Batman: Arkham Knight)

Do you know how imprecise and shoddy the movement and aiming of the Bat-Tank is in this game? You will after spending an hour on THIS crap.

45L787d2f.png

Quill Tosser (Brütal Legend)

Love this game dearly, but this was unforgivably grindy due in no small part to the random patrols that are meant to help you RUINING most of my attempts by voiding the trophy with their sudden attacks on the Tollusk I was wearing down. God dammit, guys.

20Lc61934.png

Evil's End (Magic: the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012)

Enjoyed most of the Archenemy campaign in this game right UNTIL I got to Bolas here, who combines a completely busted deck with THE most powerful Schemes in the entire game. Only way to win is to pick three copies of Jace's deck, get out all the illusions you can, and start praying till RNG lets you win.

Man, I forgot how fun it is to rant and be righteously negative, haha.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Like, what I mean is, obviously it is the meme that it is for a reason - and was one of the first games people used to pad a profile, and it was always a funny joke seeing it on the profiles of adults alongside Call of Duty and Killzone and what-have-you, who were obviously not Hannah Montana fans, but are there any people on the site now who were actually the right demographic at the time, and actually were Hannah Montana fans who can weigh in?

Given that it was 2009, a tweenager then would be in his/her early 20's now, and I'm just wondering if we might have finally aged into an era where there are trophy hunters who had Hannah Montana on their profiles as a genuine game, and not level-padding or as an ironic joke?

I'm actually curious here - I never played it myself (I'm not being aloof- I padded too - Terminator Salvation and that crappy 'SAW' game was my 'Hannah Montana' back then 1f602.png) -

but, was the game actually awful, or was it just that we all though Hannah Montana as a brand was awful, regardless of the game? 

A good majority of people here are in their early 20s to early 30s. Most of them were no older than 8 - 15 when Hannah Montana: The Game was released. Miley Cyrus herself isn’t 30 yet, she turned 28 years old last year. Hannah Montana targeted the kids, I’m seeing people here on PSNP listing their birthdates on their profiles as having been born in 1998 - 2003, with some even younger. They were kids when Hannah Montana came out, although I seriously wonder how they were able to trophy hunt at such a young age. Despite all this, most people probably put Hannah Montana on as a meme. I was already attending college and was in my early 20s when this game came out. I thought Hannah Montana was completely stupid. Just like with Jimmy Neutron on Nickelodeon, I was a bit too old for that. 

It also points the generation gap here. A lot of people older than me, a lot of people younger. That’s what makes this place interesting, despite my endless bitching. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

A good majority of people here are in their early 20s to early 30s. Most of them were no older than 8 - 15 when Hannah Montana: The Game was released. Miley Cyrus herself isn’t 30 yet, she turned 28 years old last year. Hannah Montana targeted the kids, I’m seeing people here on PSNP listing their birthdates on their profiles as having been born in 1998 - 2003, with some even younger. They were kids when Hannah Montana came out, although I seriously wonder how they were able to trophy hunt at such a young age. Despite all this, most people probably put Hannah Montana on as a meme. I was already attending college and was in my early 20s when this game came out. I thought Hannah Montana was completely stupid. Just like with Jimmy Neutron on Nickelodeon, I was a bit too old for that. 

It also points the generation gap here. A lot of people older than me, a lot of people younger. That’s what makes this place interesting, despite my endless bitching. 

Oh for sure I doubt anyone in the Hannah Montana demographic would have been actively ‘trophy hunting’ per-se at that time - but I can totally imagine someone who has grown up gaming in the trophy era having kept the same profile that they had since they were a kid, then later became more interested in trophies and wanting to go back and 100% some of their older games.

You will no doubt remember that - prior to Ratalaika / Eastasiasoft / Breakthrough etc, some of the more popular ‘trophy padding’ games to catch some flack among the ‘gatekeeping’ elements in the hobby were the Lego games and Pixar games.

There was a time when having too many of those was seen as unseemly, but that’s not really the case anymore.

They have become totally acceptable now, and I don’t think it’s solely because other, easier games have come along to take thier place and change the perspective.

That is a big part of it certainly, but it’s also, I think, partly because there is a contingent of trophy hunters now whose profile started with mostly those games - not because they were padding anything, but because they were young kids at the time - and those were the appropriate games for the age-group

18 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Oh for sure I doubt anyone in the Hannah Montana demographic would have been actively ‘trophy hunting’ per-se at that time - but I can totally imagine someone who has grown up gaming in the trophy era having kept the same profile that they had since they were a kid, then later became more interested in trophies and wanting to go back and 100% some of their older games.

You will no doubt remember that - prior to Ratalaika / Eastasiasoft / Breakthrough etc, some of the more popular ‘trophy padding’ games to catch some flack among the ‘gatekeeping’ elements in the hobby were the Lego games and Pixar games.

There was a time when having too many of those was seen as unseemly, but that’s not really the case anymore.

They have become totally acceptable now, and I don’t think it’s solely because other, easier games have come along to take thier place and change the perspective.

That is a big part of it certainly, but it’s also, I think, partly because there is a contingent of trophy hunters now whose profile started with mostly those games - not because they were padding anything, but because they were young kids at the time - and those were the appropriate games for the age-group

My era was the 1990s to early - mid 2000s. Not old enough to be like James Rolfe (Angry Video Game Nerd), Mike Matei or MetalJesusRocks who all grew up on the NES, but I experienced a bit of both worlds. The Hannah Montana demographic is younger than Miley Cyrus, who are now the people in their late teens, early 20s. 

I recommend you look up a YouTuber named Platinumbro7. Good videos, has good commentary, very active in the trophy scene. But his trophy profile is literally 75 percent Ratalalika crap and trophy whore games. I even commented to him regarding Super Meat Boy, he just said no. 

Platinumbro7 is a good example of that contingent of trophy hunters who started on those games because they were young kids. I can’t think of him as any older than 20 - 25 years of age. He now has a fanbase of kids and impressionable people who think those trophy whore games are perfectly okay. That’s probably why he got a little scared when I told him he should try Super Meat Boy, Metal Gear Solid 4, or Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

32Lb5f408.png

BattleField 1:  Complete all challenges in the Campaign.  This one wasn't hard, but after 30 minutes I can tell you "I'm a stand up kind of guy!"

1Le60848.png

This is the only game I regret buying, but I Platinumed it and must wear my badge of shame

38L3edefe.png

KH Re:CoM:  Get Riku to lvl 99.  Why would anyone do this.  Being 99 is pointless and for hours all you hear is a guy making "yah" like noises and saying "Like it?"

1Lf4218c.png

KH BBS Plat:  Completeing everyone's journal sucked cause doing everything 3 times (Mysterious Figure and that damn ice cream game especially) is totally reasonable.

35L0e9c65.png

Neptunia Rebirth 1+ (PS4):  Get 1 million credits.  This specific version of this game will probably never come to America and I wanted to plat every Neptunia game (still haven't).  Except I can't understand Japanese at all so getting to the enemy that you grind this trophy on took a while, and I forgot the trick to make it shorted so I fought it all the way to 1 million credits

6Lf1c961.png

Azur Lane Crosswave (Specifically the Japanese version) :  Complete the Gallery mode.  You have to see every cutscene.  That includes the Pledge cutscenes.  There are 100 (give or take) characters you have to see these cutscenes with.  To get to the cutscene you to go from stranger>Friend>Crush>Love>Pledge.  To do this you need to get a character to lvl 100 (easy), play 10 battles while that character is the secretary ship (you can only do this with one character at a time so thats at least a few hundred battles), 10 battles with that character in the party (you can have 3 characters in a party so its less than the previous but still a few hundred battles), and get a ring for them (Just gotta do some missions a Few times instead of a few hundred times).  At least for the English version I could understand the cutscene that played, so at least there was a small reward.

TL:DR.  I suck at describing things, so it was just very grind with alot of menu press

26L0b8566.png

Dark Rose Valkyrie:  Beat 10,000 Chimera.  By the time you beat the game you have less than 5000 maybe, and there isn't much of a post game.  It turns into hours of a turn based combat in a grind.   Weeb games like to have grindy trophies

16Lef4dbd.png

CoD WaW: Beat Downfall on Veteran.  This isn't specific to this level.  I had set the campaign to veteran, but somewhere in the middle of it I accidently set it to hardened and I didn't realize this until I beat the campaign, so I had to do the Campaign again.   I don't like grenades.

• Like 3

75Sf93e7f.png
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Quarter Muncher ~ possibly the dumbest most out-of-place thing in the entire series, making you play a bad alternative to space invaders while simultaneously having to jump between moving platforms to actually hit things with the fucking tractor beam cannon or whatever the hell it was which actually has gravity drop making it all that more of a pain in the ass to hit things.  Not to mention the awful path to even attempt the machine with the fucking pool kills and zombies spawning in the pool with no indication ruining the attempt and the dumb decoding shit and fighting the ghosts and oh god i hate it so much, i never want to see this fucking map again as long as i live.

42S1d0797.png
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4/IIII - Blackout Historian ~ oh hey its cod again, but this time feeling like the game was breaking like before, instead it just broke me and singlehandedly put me into a month long depression, all because of that bastard woods.  Combining the plague of the late 2010s, battle royale, and cod was an awful decision out the gate, but then having to win against the swarms of dark matter sweats as everyone else very quickly dropped the game, plus the luck of even getting the fucking headband & helicopter (which wasn't likely), and the awful unbalanced guns because treyarch couldn't give a rats ass about this mode, and its just the worst shitstorm of everything possible.

33Sa73ac9.png
Trials Fusion - Anger Management ~ this might be the hardest thing i've done out of pure skill required, as having to be on your A game for 5 straight minutes, with no slowing down allowed at all, and the increasingly pain in the ass obstacles.  Maybe this'll change when i actually sit down and try to finish the rest of fusion, whenever the hell that might happen.

30S54615b.png
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - Monolithic Achievement ~ of all the minigames put into the series, mind mine is probably the worst, and so creating a version of it where fucking programs and solvers had to be made because every single move including the very first one can entirely screw you out of the S rank is really shit, plus the randomization because fuck it, i guess it wasn't bad enough.

12Se20d15.png
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - Archive Collector ~ darkside chronicles was pretty shit all around, but making me not only get all the damn collectibles, but beat the game 4 times, and get the S ranks, and grind out all that fucking money for weapon upgrades which took way longer then it had any right to. i don't know how they made this shit so back after umbrella chronicles was actually fun and decent, like fuck.

10S664f15.png
The Price is Right: Decades - Drop it like it's hot ~ man, i remember like 10 years ago, watching price is right, and enjoying it all including plinko, now all i see is torment on that board.  imagine trying to play a game entirely based around physics, except none of the physics actually work and you can drop it in the exact same place 5 times and get wildly different results every time, making this completely luck based.  not to mention that this shit is online so either you need to dig up 2 copies of this game or convince someone else to play this garbage with you long enough to get the chance to even try it, because getting 1998 specifically is also completely random and will require a shit ton of resets. and the best part of it all? you have to do it AGAIN in local multiplayer, so you actually get to do this whole disaster TWICE.

21S2af37e.png
Yakuza 5 - Hall of Famer ~ while yakuza 5's 100% as a whole is a couple steps beyond tedious with how much garbage fucking everywhere they make you do, i'm mostly putting it here just for the coliseum, more specifically, as akiyama & shinada, two characters not built for how the coliseum works, and boy does it show, expecially in the later fights like the 100 man brawl or ultimate challenge or whatever.

those are just some of the bigger stinkers that jump out at me

• Like 1