All of that for a BRONZE?????!?!?!?!?!

Puppeter04

Nuclear Throne

40-bronze.png
Reach Level Ultra as Skeleton
29Lf4d84b.png

The trophy name pretty much says it all, you have to be unstoppable... pretty much.
In a nutshell you only have to (all that in one run):

-Use the hardest character in the game
-Beat the most annoying boss in the game 
-Do a kamikaze action that will fail 50% of the time to transform into the worst character of the game
-From now on you have half speed, half life and your special ability is suicide
(that was the easy part)
-Now you have to reach the last boss, kill it, loop it, kill the second last boss and approximatively get to half of the game on first loop to reach ultra mutation.

There is an easy (still difficult) way to get this trophy with a set up that requires around 4 hrs of doing the same monotonous task without losing concentration or you ll die in a fraction of a second. most of the platinum achievers used that strat because the trophy is so painfully difficult and the few that did it the hard way have a nice video to back it up.

Edited by Fleks_Mhteam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

I just looked. That is some insane requirements. Was that a PS move game? I really don't know anything about it.

Nope, worse than that. It ran on these sensors that you put on your arm or leg that used batteries. I probably went through about 3 dozen batteries getting the plat ?

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Nope, worse than that. It ran on these sensors that you put on your arm or leg that used batteries. I probably went through about 3 dozen batteries getting the plat 1f605.png

EA probably saw that Wii Sports was a big deal back in the late 2000s so they tried coming up with their own game. 

The trophy requirements are absolutely horrendous. I would put this game above Super Meat Boy, Vanquish, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and other so called prestige platinums because of the peripheral crap you had to get. 

8 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Nope, worse than that. It ran on these sensors that you put on your arm or leg that used batteries. I probably went through about 3 dozen batteries getting the plat 1f605.png

That is terrible. You deserve that platinum. That is no joke.

Maybe it was EA's way of trying to get gamers in shape. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

EA probably saw that Wii Sports was a big deal back in the late 2000s so they tried coming up with their own game. 

The trophy requirements are absolutely horrendous. I would put this game above Super Meat Boy, Vanquish, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and other so called prestige platinums because of the peripheral crap you had to get. 

Yeah,  it was definitely based around Wii technology. 

It actually didnt work too  badly but ate batteries like no tomorrow

2 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

That is terrible. You deserve that platinum. That is no joke.

Maybe it was EA's way of trying to get gamers in shape. 

The best part is there is 1 super easy online trophy that is now impossible due to server closure.

But to get the platinum you did have to move a ton. So it isnt the worst thing.

• Like 2

8L825ad7.png

Arms Addict (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)

Collect 100% of all weapon data.

So, you get a gold trophy for beating the game's superboss, the Ethereal Queen. She also gives you one piece of weapon data. You then have to find, make, or battle against hundreds of other weapons. In addition to weapons carried by optional bosses, many of the weapons can only be found on one or two floors in the Wandering Dungeon, and those are found in RNG chests, for crying out loud. You can't save in the Wandering Dungeon, so if it doesn't show up in a chest on the necessary floor, you have to start over completely. And of course, some weapons have to be made by you, using arcane ingredients that, again, only appear at random.

The rarity is currently 1.49%, and it earns its place.

• Like 3

Notable standouts for me were:

32L06e0be.png

Just Passing Through - Wipeout Omega Collection

Needed a lot of retries, a lot of luck, and a lot of hope that the AI wouldn’t be good enough to finish the race, and wouldn’t be dumb enough to destroy the barriers.

54L721eb6.png59L2d478a.png

By My Hand Alone and Daredevil - Dishonored

Again, super dependent on luck and not destroying controllers.

50Ld3a7fc.png
Abstergo Employee of the Month - AC Brotherhood (PS3)

This was a nightmare. Even with a coordinated boosting group this is a nightmare, so props to anyone who got this in open servers.

EDIT: Turns out I don’t remember how to get the trophies to display in forums ? I’ll try to fix.

EDIT: Fixed :)

Edited by darkjian92
  • Like 4

Whilst I don't have any examples off the top of my head, I'd generally not include what would be called 'platinum blocker' bronzes where the rest of the list is easier, only because technically since it's likely all you have left then I guess you could argue it's a bronze and a platinum, technically, right? xD 

The insane 'only a bronze!?' types I'd totally think about would be either in DLC or games without platinums, that way they're always purely just a bronze and nothing more, or games where whilst hard for a bronze, they're not the sole gatekeeper of the platinum.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/20/2020 at 9:55 AM, darkjian92 said:

50Ld3a7fc.png
Abstergo Employee of the Month - AC Brotherhood (PS3)

This was a nightmare. Even with a coordinated boosting group this is a nightmare, so props to anyone who got this in open servers.

EDIT: Turns out I don’t remember how to get the trophies to display in forums 1f605.png I’ll try to fix.

EDIT: Fixed :)

I still don't know if I'm going to bother attempting this. Heard the servers frequently disconnect players and it's difficult to get a coordinated boosting group.

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 - Blackout Historian, quite possibly one of the worst thing ive ever done in a video game is spending a whole month alone trying for woods, what a fucking mess
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare - Quarter Muncher, the worst thing ive had to do in cod zombies, with the awful beginning like the pool kills being stupid, into a minigame that requires so much fucking coordination that it took us hours to beat just throwing ourselves at it
Danganronpa V3 - Monolithic Achievement, months upon months of a terrible rng puzzle game where you can fuck yourself over entirely on the first move
Cities Skylines - 1001 Nights, not so much on having to actually do things, but moreso having to just leave my ps4 on for over a week for a dumb fucking bronze
Destiny 2 - Seal the Deal, I fucking hate destiny 2, so having to spend multiple months consistently just for this shit ill never forget
Yakuza 0 - Cat Scratch Fever, more brutal rng with literally unwinnable button mashing sometimes and the chance to just die & lose anyways after winning some matches

Payday 2 Crimewave Edition - A Long Night of Horrors, its like a fucking hour straight of dealing with all the garbage of an already kinda bad map, but having to deal with it for so long & having noone bleed out or run out of downs is just tedious

also shoutout (even though i dont have it yet) to What the...? in Cities Skylines for being another trophy tied to a beyond incredibly rare disaster and just having to fucking wait & hope it ever actually shows up

• Like 1

Gluteus Maximus from Fat Princess. 

It is my rarest and possibly more time-attempting trophy in my list.

You have to complete 12 rounds in a match arena like a coliseum where you (and only you) fight against hordes of enemies and you can't die. If you die, you have to restart from the very beginning. And you have to repeat it 6 times, each time with a different character.

Just a pain in there.

• Like 1

Rise of the Tomb Raider

122S7e3270.png

Master and Apprentice - Endurance Co-op Challenge: Escape the forest after surviving 10 days with at least 20 Artifacts

That's a recent one that comes to mind. Surviving for 10 days while collecting artifacts isn't too hard but it takes around 2 hours to complete and you have to do it in one sitting. On my first attempt with a partner we were about 5 minutes from completing it and were disconnected from the server. No issues on our second attempt the next day thankfully.

I haven't had my account long but these are a few Bronze trophies I have had the displeasure of earning that have left a sour taste in my mouth.

52La1da50.png

1. Gran Turismo 5

Raise a B-Spec driver to the peak of his career

Rarity 2.30%

I managed to get this trophy recently and what a pointless grind it was. To fulfil the trophy requirement you have to win 500 races with an AI driver. Even with the fastest car in the game the Red Bull X2010 on a beginner race took hours upon hours to do.

13L79c9f7.png

2. Dead or Alive 5

Fight 10 people through invitations

Rarity 5.00%

If it wasn't for the buggy invite system this trophy wouldn't make the cut. Fortunately I was able to obtain it with a boosting partner.

52La1da50.png

3. Gran Turismo 5

Clear the Red Bull special events

Rarity 4.84%

Trying to clear 3 different circuits with a prototype F1 car that doesn't exist in real life is not for the faint-hearted. This thing has over 1500 brake horse power and can reach speeds in excess of 470 kilometres per hour! Note the trophy says to clear the events which is bad enough, golding them is a nightmare. If you veer off -track you will be disqualified, even if it's just a single wheel that touched the grass! 

52La1da50.png

4. Gran Turismo 5

Beat the current Nürburgring record 

Rarity 2.30%

This trophy was very specific you have to drive a stock Nissan GTR 2007 with hard tyres around the infamous Nürburgring circuit in Germany. Sounds simple enough right? Well here's the catch! You need to drive a clean lap (No off-roading) and reach the finish line in under 7 minutes and 29 seconds. If you veer too much off course or you bash into a wall your lap is invalid.

41Lc7e6b7.png

5. Wipeout HD

Da Bomb

Rarity 6.05%

First of all I have to applaud the trophy name but obtaining the trophy is far from easy. You need to finish 14 laps of Detonator mode, this turns the track into a minefield, on each lap there's a bomb, you need to destroy the bomb on every lap and reach the finish line intact to earn this trophy. 

37L57cc59.png

6. Disgaea 3 Absence of Justice

Counter attack 10 times in a row

Rarity 4.78%

Don't let the trophy description fool you, this takes a lot of preparation and a degree of luck to obtain. First you need to create 2 martial artist users and equip both of them with a Tennis Racket (This improves the number of times you can counter attack) which you will have to get through the item world and duplicate it. Then you need to earn enough mana to teach each martial artist an ability to allow them to counter attack more often. Sadly we're not done, to prevent both of your characters from knocking each other out, you will need to head into an item world and hope and pray there are 2 invincibility panels side by side. You occupy them both and attack each other and hope to the RNG gods they counter each other until you get a chain of 10 counters.

18L95c599.png

7. Demon's Souls

Fully upgrade a weapon using Bladestone 

Rarity 11.92%

Despite what the trophy percentage suggests this trophy would have been much rarer if you couldn't drop a fully upgraded weapon to each other online. I had to earn this on my own, as the online portion of the PS3 game had been closed years prior. Upgrading the weapon requires shards, chunks and a single pure bladestone. The latter being an absolute pain to find, why? because you have a 1 in 200 chance of obtaining it from a black skeleton in world 4 with a dark world tendency.

52La1da50.png

8. Gran Turismo 5

Have 1000 cars in your garage

Rarity 2.52%

At the time of posting I have yet to earn this trophy but it's worth mentioning! Yes you read the description correctly not 100, 1000 cars! Why this is a trophy requirement I will never know but whoever green-lit the idea should be fired.

7Ld030c2.png

9. Gran Turismo 5

Complete the Endurance Series

Rarity 4.45%

This is another trophy I have not earned but you need to hear about this one! The trophy is simple enough clear all 9 endurance races and the trophy is yours, but there's always a catch! Endurance races are locked behind your driver level, they start at level 25 and go all the way to level 40! This might not sound much but to go from level 39 to level 40 with an AI driver will take around 40 hours to do! When you factor the amount of time it takes to clear all 9 endurance races and the amount of time you need to invest in order to reach level 40 to complete them. This single bronze trophy will take you at LEAST 400 hours, no bullshit!

It's possible I have missed some trophies but this should suffice. The take-away of this post should be don't play GT5 unless you really hate yourself haha

Edited by LancashireLad87

On 9/20/2020 at 8:32 AM, Dr_Mayus said:

But to get the platinum you did have to move a ton. So it isnt the worst thing.

What does make it even worse is that the progress tracking seems to be glitched for many people. There's speculation that it only "remembers" a certain number of your workouts. So there are people who grinded all the way through it only to run into a glitch that would prevent (or at least delay) the trophies.

So ultra grindy, unique peripherals needed, unobtainable online trophy, and glitchy progression. Truly a perfect storm of fuckery.

EDIT: Forgot to add, ONE trophy requires TWO SETS of the sensors. LOL.

Edited by RNumbers

Mass effect:

The beat the game and almost all sidequest with a specific squadmember trophies. There are 6 of those trophies in mass effect 1 (ps3), so you have to beat it 3 times (you can only have 2 squad memebers at the same time). Everyone who played this game knows what a chore this game is. old and clunky fighting mechanics , dozens of repetitive side questes in the same 2 dungeon layouts..... And if its not bad enough enemies are getting more and more bulletsponges as your character lvl progress....

Looking through the thread I am surprised no one mentioned this one.

3Lea3212.png

...Becomes the Master.

Titanfall 2

And these.

L125768.png

All but one trophy in this is a bronze. Not really hard to obtain but it does take a bit of grinding and time commitment to do everything.

• Like 2

I know that this trophy is silver but I do think it somewhat counts here:

12Se20d15.png Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - Archive Collector trophy.

For this trophy you must do multiple things in the game, such as playing the game on every difficulty settings, playing it all in the co-op mode, playing it all with the secondary characters, getting an S rank in every chapter in multiple difficulties, fully customizing all weapons, grinding multiple enemy kills, the list goes on. I wish this trophy was the gold one while the gold one in the list was the silver one, you actually have to obtain the gold trophy on your way to unlock this one.

68S24f015.png Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - You Run, I'll Shoot trophy.

For this trophy you must obtain 10 Protectorate medals, to obtain one Protectorate medal you must defeat five players that were damaging the Treasure carrier in a Plunder match. This medal was a bit infamous among the Uncharted community way back when because it was very hard to get even just one Protectorate medal during a match, let alone 10 in total for the trophy.

The meta in the game was that a player would get the Treasure and then immediately throw it to where the "base" is instead of carrying it all the way through, because carrying it was slow and you were an easy target while holding it. As such you barely had any opportunity to kill someone who was shooting the Treasure carrier, because people rarely actually held the Treasure for more than a second in the first place.

The servers of this game are shut down by now and this trophy is 100% impossible at the moment, but the amount of time and luck you needed to obtain this trophy was insane.

68Sede833.pngOverwatch: Origins Edition - Cratered trophy.

If you thought You Run, I'll Shoot was difficult in Uncharted 2, then you're in for a treat for this one. Cratered is personally my most hated trophy in the game so far, even beyond Window of Opportunity, you need to deal damage to all enemy players with one use of Doomfist's Ultimate Ability to unlock it, this is of course easier said than done. The reason why this trophy is ridiculous is because you need the whole lobby to give you the trophy. Basically, you need the planets to be aligned while trying to unlock this trophy. There is an endless list of things that could go wrong while you try to obtain this, and I really can't list it all because it is actually endless, one example I can give is that (currently) a hero such as Mei is able to use her Cryo-Freeze ability which blocks the ultimate, as such, if you hit Mei while she is in that state, it will not count as you hitting the Mei player. There are many heroes with mechanics like that which will "block" Doomfist's ultimate, let alone heroes that have tons of mobility options which means they will get away before you have a chance at hitting them.

Basically, the most realistic way to obtain this trophy legit is the following way: you need a Zarya to get all 6 enemy players into a Graviton Surge, then you need a Sombra to use her ultimate on them, then you need to hope that your team did not kill anyone in that Graviton Surge by the time you landed.

And to top it off, after the planets have aligned in a way to allow all players in the match to give you the trophy (because let's be honest, the Doomfist player didn't do much of anything to unlock it in the grand scheme of things), you are presented with the cherry on top. It's a mere bronze trophy.

I linked a video below with a bit more context and actual gameplay:

Spoiler

As a bit of a side note, I also play the game on PC and there it is possible to see the profile of the Overwatch League players if you go to the competitive leaderboard, can you believe that there are quite a a lot of dps players who don't have this achievement? Actual professional players who get paid to play this game and spend most of their time streaming it, who play Doomfist when he was/is viable, you'd think they'd all have it by now, but it goes to show that it's less about skill and more about luck.