Plat is about 8/10 difficulty - Linked Trophy Guide

1 minute ago, Gedroger said:

Hey guys, I just need the time trials, some tips for them? I did some and I'm having problems with the vast majority.

use the triple spin / circle + square everytime you can, destroy every time crate, use every shortcut & practice, practice, practice.

I started doing them yesterday and now finished with the 3rd dimension.

if you want you can check out my videos:  Link

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johnclark12 said:

There are 3 groups of people in the thread:

1) The ones that say the game is too hard because they lack the skills to complete it or do not want to dedicate the time to complete it. They also think the need to get platinum relics and get perfect on every level is too much to ask. Also saying that the other Crash games were easier than this so therefore this one should be easier also. 

2) The ones that completed the game successfully and are sharing how long it took them, tips on how to do it, and motivating others that they can do it with enough time and patience. Some are also saying that the difficulty is actually on par with the previous versions, they just need to practice more. 

3) The ones that are asking for the game to made easier or the price to be lowered. People posting that it is not worth the asking price. Also some saying that they want a patch released to make the game easier by way of speed boots or other ways.

Some people are also talking about the bugs in the game, which there are some, but I won't categorize them. 

Here are my thoughts on all that. (Not argumentative, I point that out because quotes tend to precede agreements and disagreements.)

1) I'm a variety gamer, I'd rather beat a handful of games in the time it takes to complete one.
I can do the challenge, and I'll get this Platinum eventually...but there's really no rush.
We live in an age of updates after all, and a single patch can make all the difference. Jank is critical in a game that does not forgive mistakes.
Then you have the people who got their saved wiped. This may be fixed now, maybe not, but I'm going to let that be a horror story other people tell.
Such is a friendly reminder to back up your saves!

2) I love these people.

3) I don't think the game needs to be easier, just better, on the technical side if nothing else.
The price is fine, too. Even if half of the levels are remixes, there's a healthy amount of content here.
I've seen people say that sales may suffer from the difficulty. I would still recommend Crash 4 in real life.
The casual playthrough is a nice spice. This game isn't that hard, it just has questionable design decisions for completionists.

Most of Crash 4's drawbacks would be solved if its levels were cut in half.
The hard part isn't the hard parts, it's going through the motions for minutes to try them again.

• Like 2

If anyone here is struggling with the polar/dino riding sections, consider using the d-pad instead of the left stick.

It helps a lot when trying to break all the crates for your perfect relic runs.

Edited by DogFoRaw5
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, DogFoRaw5 said:

If anyone here is struggling with the polar/dino riding sections, consider using the d-pad instead of the left stick.

It helps a lot when trying to break all the crates for your perfect relic runs.

I don't have the game yet but I'm planning on grabbing it when its cheaper. Any other points in the game where I should use the d-pad instead of the sticks? 

5 minutes ago, ZoutjeNL said:

I don't have the game yet but I'm planning on grabbing it when its cheaper. Any other points in the game where I should use the d-pad instead of the sticks? 

Not as far as I know of. Apart from navigating through the menus and the map haha.

• Like 1

I've made some progress today, earned N'Sanely Perfect Relics on a bunch of levels (I did skip the bear and alien levels). I've also completed every flashback tape. Those are a fan favorite, even though the last 2 were darn hard and all the issues in the game would show.

I also surprised myself doing Cortex Castle without dying - did not bother getting all boxes though. I think seeing double is going to be the real deal, ugh.

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

I understand his point completely, I didn't exactly miss it. There are games I struggled in that I enjoyed, and others that I struggled in that I didn't enjoy so much.

At the time PS4 came out, I was mostly doing PC gaming. I played a few MMOs with achievements. Of course, just like with trophies, these achievements were completely optional and some of them were going to take countless hours of grinding. But I went ahead and did them anyway. Did I suffer a bit along the journey? Of course I did. Was that a giant waste of time? Well, for many people their answer would probably be yes. I did them anyway, and when they finally got achieved I felt a great deal of satisfaction.

I am very selective with what I put on my trophy list, that's not me being obsessed but more because of the fact that I'm not a kid anymore and I'm more picky with what I choose as an adult. Your example of Killzone: Shadowfall can be compared with Friday the 13th: The Game. I do not enjoy multiplayer grinds, which is why I will not purchase Fall Guys nor will I ever bother with stuff like Overwatch or Fortnite. I hate a lot of people in the real world anyway, and dealing with a bunch of idiots in a multiplayer battle royale wouldn't do any good for my mental health.

But because you went ahead and did Killzone: Shadowfall, you may of felt a big sigh of relief and sense of accomplishment when the platinum finally came to you. These are things that I feel more trophy hunters need to experience. You need to experience some of the bad along with the good. Having bad experiences can improve an individual and let them take necessary steps in life so they won't repeat the same mistakes they made in the past. At 32 years of age I have my fair share of bad experiences both in gaming and in the real world. That's what we experience as human beings. You can't always have the good without the bad.

You are not the judge of what I do outside of trophy hunting, what I do in my life is private and nobody needs to know it. If someone plays games for the sake of 100 percent, as long as they enjoy it then it's not a massive waste of their time. For some people it is, for others it isn't.

The guy I was responding to basically made a blanket statement about completionists whining about everything from the Infallible trophy to Fall Guys to complaining about multiplayer DLC in Ghost of Tsushima. That is not the right approach and you are basically insulting a group of people who are completionists, including myself. That's not to say I'm not guilty of stereotyping people because for anyone who has followed my posts over the years, they will know I have made a lot of posts that have provoked people. Just because one person in the Ghost of Tsushima subforums on this website made a point to avoid the game because of Ghost of Tsushima having multiplayer DLC doesn't mean many other completionists feel the same way. It's a blanket statement.

I definitely look forward to Crash 4 when I get more money. Will it be hard? Of course, but assuming completionists will avoid this game because of it being difficult is just brash stereotyping. That's what this guy said, and I wanted to express my rebuttal.

As much as ppl probbly dont like you on here man. 

I dont think anyone can say this post is anything but insightful.

I totally agree with you.

You gotta learn to take the bad with the good.

If you think you can just have nothing but a good time with every game you play.

Your just being super unrealstic.

Bad moments shows us how much we should value the good ones.

I'll never get the platinum XB6H3iu.png

Spoiler

But no seriously, game isn't actually that bad, I don't see the complaints

There are of course some levels that are harder than others, and the plat relic difficulty is notably tight in three or four levels, but in general, the game was never too difficult for me

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

I'll never get the platinum XB6H3iu.png

Hide contents

But no seriously, game isn't actually that bad, I don't see the complaints

There are of course some levels that are harder than others, and the plat relic difficulty is notably tight in three or four levels, but in general, the game was never too difficult for me

LMAO

• Like 2

Maybe it's the wrong thread but what would be the best way to get the platinum? 

Completing the game , get the triple spin, get all gems /flashback / inverted levels and after that doing all the relics?

Or trying to get the platinum relics after I beaten a certain level? I know you can get the platinum times without the spin but are those platinum relics more easier with the triple spin or is the slide spin enough?

1 hour ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Maybe it's the wrong thread but what would be the best way to get the platinum? 

Completing the game , get the triple spin, get all gems /flashback / inverted levels and after that doing all the relics?

Or trying to get the platinum relics after I beaten a certain level? I know you can get the platinum times without the spin but are those platinum relics more easier with the triple spin or is the slide spin enough?

I can share with you my approach. So far, I've completed 18/38 levels, so this is 5 islands/dimensions whatever it's called. I'm starting the snowy one currently.

This is my approach, which helps memorise levels more:

·         Complete the story,

·         Obtain all gems in a level,

·         Obtain all gems in the same level in N.Verted Mode,

·         Obtain N.Sanely Perfect Relic in the level,

·         Do a Time Trial to obtain a Relic in that level (I'm using the triple spin, it's much better for my right hand!)

·         Flashback tapes - doing in a meantime, as taking a rest from Time Trials.

Edited by Bykovsky7
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Bykovsky7 said:

I can share with you my approach. So far, I've completed 18/38 levels, so this is 5 islands/dimensions whatever it's called. I'm starting the snowy one currently.

This is my approach, which helps memorise levels more:

·         Complete the story,

·         Obtain all gems in a level,

·         Obtain all gems in the same level in N.Verted Mode,

·         Obtain N.Sanely Perfect Relic in the level,

·         Do a Time Trial to obtain a Relic in that level (I'm using the triple spin, it's much better for my right hand!)

·         Flashback tapes - doing in a meantime, as taking a rest from Time Trials.

But "Obtain all gems in a level" and "Obtain N.Sanely Perfect Relic in the level," is the same isn't it? (minus ollecting the hidden gems). But It's clear what you mean. Thank you very much, This will be my roadmap.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

25 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

TBH, sitting at 2.07% and steadily rising day after day, now it looks like a solid platformer that requires lots of dedication and practice, but far from the killer that will purge the world from completionism depicted in this thread lol

This is one of those times where it's just better to no-life the game in spurts rather than the whole bang at once.

I no-lifed the quick and easy trophies today to clean up. The last Flashback Tape is going to be a ? to get, but that's okay, I'll no-life it another day.

YouTube videos and checkpoints will get you through most of Crash 4. Monkey see, monkey do, and practice. Simple! 

2 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

But "Obtain all gems in a level" and "Obtain N.Sanely Perfect Relic in the level," is the same isn't it? (minus ollecting the hidden gems). But It's clear what you mean. Thank you very much, This will be my roadmap.

Never to fear, N. Sanely Perfect Relics only require you to get all boxes and not die.

22 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

In theory yes, you're right. However I'd rather do wumpa fruit gems, find a hidden gem and try to not die more than 3 times, then once I've got all gems, I'm doing N.Sanely Perfect Relic - less pressure, better level memorise and I need to focus "only" on boxes and not dying then.

It's easier to do all of stuff step by step (gems -> N.Sanely -> Time Trial), than rushing and being stressed.

Edited by Bykovsky7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bykovsky7 said:

In theory yes, you're right. However I'd rather do wumpa fruit gems, find a hidden gem and try to not die more than 3 times, then once I've got all gems, I'm doing N.Sanely Perfect Relic - less pressure, better level memorise and I need to focus "only" on boxes and not dying then.

It's easier to do all of stuff step by step (gems -> N.Sanely -> Time Trial), than rushing and being stressed.

Yeah you are probably right. I will take your advice. I'm really hyped for this game.

• Like 2