DLC Trophies - Legends Mode & New Game+

Ghost

4 hours ago, LazyJournalist said:

Why does someone hack trophies? I mean, what's the point in that?))

Lazy people who don't want to work at it, or it's something they could never do but are desperate for that 100% even though it'll get them banned from many trophy sites. 

I'll be honest, there are a few games where I felt the devs were a little unfair with some dlc trophies when most of the others were not bad.  I'd personally never hack them, but I don't necessarily blame someone who would.  An example, Arkham Knight's final set of dlc was overkill in my opinion, even if it was free.  Everything else was a challenge but not overly stressful.  The stress it put on me trying to do those last combat challenge trophies did not do me well, so I had to walk away from that one. 

I look at people who would hack something like that particular dlc as giving the finger to the devs.  If it was something in the main game or early dlc then that would be a different story, but the one thing I cannot stand is a dev bricking a 100% completion with ridiculous trophies on the last dlc they release, when everything else was manageable up till then.

To any decent trophy hunter it's not worth the trouble though.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

We'll see though, some devs like to talk up the difficulty of something and then it ends up being easier than they make it sound.  IIRC when they were gearing up to release Letha for SP they made it sound harder than it turned out to be. 

The no matchmaking possibility I can understand, because they stated in the interview that was reposted earlier in this topic that they want you to go in with a team that you can trust.  They were vague enough that no one can be sure of where the difficulty will come from though. They said different kinds of challenges that require teamwork, and not one player going off Rambo style doing their own thing. 

It hasn't been revealed whether there will be difficulty tiers with it (ie bronze, silver, gold, nightmare like the rest of legends).  Typically raids don't usually do that, but I see an opportunity for them to offer different and better gear the higher tier your team finishes in the raid chapters.  The Destiny games did something similar with having higher difficulty versions of some of the raids.

I'm not expecting something as bad as U4 Survival though, the regular stuff hasn't been nearly as hard as that was, even survival on gold doesn't sound too bad.  I could barely get through the later survival maps in u4 with randoms on normal/hard and I've finished silver survivor in this with randoms while I was barely past rank 35 (rank 50 is the recommended rank for silver, but it's available once you hit 35).

What Naughty Dog did for Uncharted 4: A Thief's End was add microtransactions to a multiplayer mode and they changed Survival multiplayer several times to take out the exploits that would of made going through all the stages on Crushing difficulty doable on your own. I would either have to spend dozens of hours playing Survival or get carried by a few veteran players who know it inside and out. I'm not interested in doing either, so I basically gave up on going for the 100 percent in Uncharted 4.

If Ghost of Tsushima's raids is the same ordeal, then I'll probably won't bother with the 100 percent either, as in get all the trophies available. Some multiplayer is fine, but I don't want it to be an endless grind. It's just not something I enjoy all too much.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spaz said:

What Naughty Dog did for Uncharted 4: A Thief's End was add microtransactions to a multiplayer mode and they changed Survival multiplayer several times to take out the exploits that would of made going through all the stages on Crushing difficulty doable on your own. I would either have to spend dozens of hours playing Survival or get carried by a few veteran players who know it inside and out. I'm not interested in doing either, so I basically gave up on going for the 100 percent in Uncharted 4.

If Ghost of Tsushima's raids is the same ordeal, then I'll probably won't bother with the 100 percent either, as in get all the trophies available. Some multiplayer is fine, but I don't want it to be an endless grind. It's just not something I enjoy all too much.

Where did you get it in your head that the Uncharted 4 Crushing trophies are some unobtainable challenge? Yeah you have to grind a little bit to get better weapons but it's pretty much never been doable on your own unless you're some Uncharted god. I didn't think I could do it after playing the mode for fun for awhile but when I came back to it at a later date I did it with other fellow trophy hunters in this community. And some of them weren't very good at all. There are glitches you can exploit (even though they can be finicky in my experience) but it just takes some perseverance. You got the platinum in Super Meat Boy and yet you constantly complain about Uncharted 4 survival. It doesn't make any sense. There are so many people on this site who are still trying to get those trophies you'd have no problem getting a group together.

14 minutes ago, ZJW44 said:

Where did you get it in your head that the Uncharted 4 Crushing trophies are some unobtainable challenge? Yeah you have to grind a little bit to get better weapons but it's pretty much never been doable on your own unless you're some Uncharted god. I didn't think I could do it after playing the mode for fun for awhile but when I came back to it at a later date I did it with other fellow trophy hunters in this community. And some of them weren't very good at all. There are glitches you can exploit (even though they can be finicky in my experience) but it just takes some perseverance. You got the platinum in Super Meat Boy and yet you constantly complain about Uncharted 4 survival. It doesn't make any sense. There are so many people on this site who are still trying to get those trophies you'd have no problem getting a group together.

Poor internet stopped me. Nothing I can do but move to another location when the shit I'm dealing with dies down.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I don't think they'll be like that, personally.  I think the devs want us to actually be able to finish the raids, but aren't going to make it easy enough that people complain it's too easy.  U4 survival always made me feel like they didn't want very many people to finish it with 3 stars on crushing.  That was always my feelings with that one.

Plus I wouldn't be surprised if there are at least a few different difficulty options for it.  The big thing they seem to be stressing is the teamwork aspect, and that's where the challenge will come from from what it sounds like.  With the interview stressing how important teamwork is that is what I'm taking away from it.

Sucker Punch has never been one to throw in punishing modes in their sp stuff, don't really see them doing that with mp.  It'll be difficult, but nothing a competent group of 4 won't be able to accomplish with a little work.  

Naughty Dog always likes to throw in really challenging stuff in their co op and even sp to and extent.  They did the tough co op in U3 before they did it in U4.  And I found their crushing modes in sp Uncharted games more difficult than the hardest difficulty in the Infamous games or Ghost. 

Like I think I posted previously, I had to have a really skilled couple of people practically carry me through U4 survival.  And so far Ghost co op has felt nothing like that.  It's definitely been a lot easier, even in compairison to starting out in both.  If I'm way off with the raids though, and they do decide to torture us with it I also will be pretty pissed.  Being it's designed for co op I fully get why they are stressing 4 players who work well together.  That's their whole point of the dlc, and particularly the raid part.

I'm stuck using my phones hotspot to actually be able to matchmske in this so I can understand the net problems you have.  My main net has too high of a ping and I have no other options besides the hotspot.

Edited by Snake2410

Damn, so I just grind story missions over and over for gear till I have a ki level that can do the next difficulty huh. This game mode is really repetitive and making me question whether I should even go for 100% on this game. Well at least I know for sure I'm doing NG+ on PS5 lol. Been itching to play through the main story again.

Edited by PostGameBlues

Legends shows after few hours how boring, repetitive and grindy it is. There's also almost zero to none content. Few maps, couple of items that you will be getting over and over again and etc. Also the survival matches are way too long. I mean, 50 minutes on gold? And if you can disconnect you get nothing. Doing 4 characters to level 20 will be one of the most boring trophies I've done in a while.

I know it's for free, but that doesn't mean we have to praise SP for their every move. I would much more appreciate some single story dlc. 

So I've played quite a bit of this now after getting all four roles to level 20. In short it's far from perfect, but I really like it.
There's not a huge amount of content here and it does get a bit tedious seeing the same maps and levels over and over again. But the combat and build diversity keeps it entertaining for me. The loot / gear game is done pretty well for the most part, it's refreshing to play a game like this where you're rewarded cosmetic and vanity items for completing feats in the game rather than having them stuffed behind a storefront. Although perhaps that says just as much about the current state of games (particularly in this sort of genre) as it does this particular one.

Some things that they need to change:
- Survival lasts far too long for the rewards it yields, it's so much more efficient and rewarding to do story missions. Which is a shame because I find the survival modes more fun to replay.
- There needs to more ways to gain honor, or the game needs to tone down how much honor re-rolling items costs. I've spent some time trying to get specific perks on items, I have next to no honor, yet 400 blessing and 10,000 essence. Re-rolling the daily challenges costs honor too, yet there's no way to gain extra during missions like there is with the other two currencies.
- It would help if there was some sort of infusion system so you could bring the level of a piece of gear up without losing a desirable roll. Or if there were other ways to lock a perk, but re-roll others without it being as limited as it is now.
- It would be nice if there was some sort of role selection screen when matchmaking so you're not thrust into a high level survival without anyone who can heal.
- On the topic of matchmaking I'd add an option for matchmaking for raids for those that want it.
- I hope they make it a standalone experience to help the player population.

Other than that just more content. More legendaries, more vanity items, more maps, more story, more activities. I'm sure the creative folks at SP have some fun ideas for where they can take it. Looking forward to seeing what the raid has to offer.
Personally I'm glad a Sony first party studio is doing something different and offering a multiplayer experience, there's not been enough of it this generation (from Sony). Although what's there right now is limited, it's good and has a lot of potential.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EIdain said:

4AHQFcY.png

“Because the raid requires excellent coordination and communication, matchmaking will be disabled, so be sure to gather a team ahead of time!” Then proceeds to type the following...: “Looking for players? We recommend coordinating via the ghost of tsushima reddit and discord communities, or the replies to this tweet!” Yeah because doing that isn’t with random people you dont know at all right? Whats the difference between getting matched with randoms via matchmaking or finding randoms via unnecessary extra steps to play with? lol ? nice move there SP. top logic.

i played nightmare and beat it on 2nd try with a random player... so yeah. Devs tend to over dramatize their difficulties sometimes and ill bet the raids can easily be beaten with randoms without mics.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

“Because the raid requires excellent coordination and communication, matchmaking will be disabled, so be sure to gather a team ahead of time!” Then proceeds to type the following...: “Looking for players? We recommend coordinating via the ghost of tsushima reddit and discord communities, or the replies to this tweet!” Yeah because doing that isn’t with random people you dont know at all right? Whats the difference between getting matched with randoms via matchmaking or finding randoms via unnecessary extra steps to play with? lol 1f914.png nice move there SP. top logic.

Going to preface this by saying I think there should be an option for matchmaking for those that want it. But those two things are not the same. Co-ordinating a group ahead of time on twitter, discord, reddit or whatever means you can make sure everyone in the group can talk with one another and arrange to synergise classes and loadouts etc. It's not the same as being thrown straight into a raid via matchmaking and hoping everyone it groups you with can talk, has enough time, and allows you to have a solid group composition.

Edited by EIdain
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

“Because the raid requires excellent coordination and communication, matchmaking will be disabled, so be sure to gather a team ahead of time!” Then proceeds to type the following...: “Looking for players? We recommend coordinating via the ghost of tsushima reddit and discord communities, or the replies to this tweet!” Yeah because doing that isn’t with random people you dont know at all right? Whats the difference between getting matched with randoms via matchmaking or finding randoms via unnecessary extra steps to play with? lol 1f914.png nice move there SP. top logic.

i played nightmare and beat it on 2nd try with a random player... so yeah. Devs tend to over dramatize their difficulties sometimes and ill bet the raids can easily be beaten with randoms without mics.

I have a feeling it'll be more complex than anything in Legends currently (even nightmare) and that is why they say that communication and coordination are so important.  That said, doing it all multiple times will obviously make it so you could plow through it with randoms far easier.  So maybe a matchmaking could work, but only if you're really familiar with what to do.  We don't know if there might be a randomization element to it as well though.  That could screw things up.

Edited by Snake2410

8 hours ago, EIdain said:

Going to preface this by saying I think there should be an option for matchmaking for those that want it. But those two things are not the same. Co-ordinating a group ahead of time on twitter, discord, reddit or whatever means you can make sure everyone in the group can talk with one another and arrange to synergise classes and loadouts etc. It's not the same as being thrown straight into a raid via matchmaking and hoping everyone it groups you with can talk, has enough time, and allows you to have a solid group composition.

Right and i agree. But neither party have played the raid before so there will be trial and error regardless. Considering every class shares the same gear then all that would make a difference really would be the abilities each class has. Im sure you could beat the raid even though everyone picked the samurai class no?

its true what youre saying that you can talk and prepare on discord, reddit and what have you but again i doubt its necessary. Im not saying the raid wont be challenging, because im sure it will be but SP said to play gold and nightmare to prepare for the raid and have a minimum of 100 ki which tells me the raid wont be much different. Nightmare is challenging but not to the point where hardly anyone cant complete it.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 1

In Legends we wanted it to be completely tuned toward co-op, and so the way that we built the enemies and the mechanics (like; the attunement, the spirit bow, and things like that) it was all designed with the idea of inviting player co-op. In 2 player story missions and survival we knew that we wanted to allow random people to play together, so we didn't want to require co-op at a high enough level to say that you had to be on voice chat. We wanted it to be something that players could co-ordinate without having to talk.
But in the raid we're cranking all the knobs up to 11. We're saying yes you have to co-ordinate, you have to work together. In 2 player co-op and survival it's kinda like "encouraged co-op" but you can solo it. But in the raid it's like mandatory co-op, you have to co-ordinate. So I hope that that delivers the ultimate teamwork experience. - Darren Bridges [Senior Game Designer & Lead on GoT: Legends]

He also said the raid is the culmination of Legends mode, suggesting that were would be no more content added after the raid. Which I find kind of disappointing, but I'm sure that will please folk who haven't enjoyed the mode and don't want anymore trophies added.

1 hour ago, EIdain said:

But in the raid we're cranking all the knobs up to 11. We're saying yes you have to co-ordinate, you have to work together. In 2 player co-op and survival it's kinda like "encouraged co-op" but you can solo it. But in the raid it's like mandatory co-op, you have to co-ordinate. So I hope that that delivers the ultimate teamwork experience. - Darren Bridges [Senior Game Designer & Lead on GoT: Legends]

They can take this design mentality and shove it up their ass.

I'm done with SP after this BS.

If you want to make an MMO, say so from the beginning. We aren't your free beta testers for your future projects.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VegaTheGreat said:

They can take this design mentality and shove it up their ass.

I'm done with SP after this BS.

If you want to make an MMO, say so from the beginning. We aren't your free beta testers for your future projects.

Yeah, I would've preferred a completely seperate game over this.  Enjoying it for what it is, but would be perfectly ok with the raid being the end of it content wise.  I don't want more legends trophies, unless it's a completely seperate game, that's for sure.  I want more sp add on content.

• Like 1