DLC Trophies - Legends Mode & New Game+

Ghost

Seems like getting 20 on all roles is a significant grind. Oh boy, hopefully there's an efficient way to level up. Was planning to play other games but with an online mode like this, it's better to get the trophies done early since the longevity of the online player base is most likely not gonna be that long.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 3

I hate the fact that they added trophies to the coop mode. I wish they would have just added it as a fun extra... I assume there’s matchmaking. I hope the raids and gold ranking will be doable with random people. I’m not one to use sessions / voice chat so... 100% will be up to random matchmaking luck for me. Very fun ?

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

I hate the fact that they added trophies to the coop mode. I wish they would have just added it as a fun extra... I assume there’s matchmaking. I hope the raids and gold ranking will be doable with random people. I’m not one to use sessions / voice chat so... 100% will be up to random matchmaking luck for me. Very fun 1f644.png

There is matchmaking, yep! I'm the same as you and choose not to enter voice chat unless absolutely crucial and even then I never use a mic - just listen in. Raid's aren't available just yet I believe. There's an emphasis on raid's needing "complete teamwork and strategy to succeed" but - like you, I'm hoping they can be done in matchmaking like the story and survival modes are.

8 hours ago, VegaTheGreat said:

From the moment those trophies are Online it means they are on a "timer", forcing trophy hunters to drop everything else.

So yeah, the faster these are the better.

If you’re worried about server closures for this game at this stage, I really don’t know what to say.

• Like 2

So, I played a couple of hours of Legends yesterday and I am actually very pleased with this update! Everything is very interesting and fun! I don’t buy many recently released games, so being able to play Legends on day one is quite a privilege and the fact that it’s free is even more awesome!

I think this update is exactly what this game needed! It adds a dynamism that the single-player mode was missing!

It’s definitely grindy, though. Your equipment needs to be at a certain level before you can access certain game modes and it takes a while to level up your character! I don’t mind this at all, though. I payed 70€ for this game, so I like to have a fun co-op mode and trophies that keep the game alive and motivate me to keep playing!

• Like 4

Guys, it's NOT that grindy to reach 4x lvl 20! The DLC was released yesterday and I'm already close to level 20 (18) with one char. I played like 8 hours so far. I also cleared silver survival 5 times now. Gold can't be THAT hard in comparison, but I still don't know what the "don't die" requirement on gold exactly means.

My current estimate is that everything trophywise can be done in around 50 hours but it depends on the difficulty of the upcoming raid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, willmill97 said:

If you’re worried about server closures for this game at this stage, I really don’t know what to say.

Like playerbase reduction over time is not a thing.

2 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

Moaning about how hard the trophies are or length of time they'll take is madness at this stage.

You're never obliged to go for a 100%, nobody is forcing the fact. You're being offered potentially fun online play and co op missions for free on what is an absolutely stellar game. How can anyone even condemn the trophy requirements before we've fully played it, a day after release?

They could just not add Online Trophies since it's for fun then?

19 minutes ago, VegaTheGreat said:

Like playerbase reduction over time is not a thing.

They could just not add Online Trophies since it's for fun then?

Then let's not add any trophies to any game at all then?

Trophies represent the challenges of all aspect of a game. Why should that be limited to the offline experience, when gaming encompasses both offline and online play?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ScintillaWolf said:

Then let's not add any trophies to any game at all then?

Trophies represent the challenges of all aspect of a game. Why should that be limited to the offline experience, when gaming encompasses both offline and online play?

If you can't distinguish the difference between offline and online trophies, that's your issue.

And people who dove into Tsushima certainly didn't do it to play online.

5 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

I’m not going to sign your petition, sorry mate.

There's no petition so I have no idea what you talking about.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VegaTheGreat said:

If you can't distinguish the difference between offline and online trophies, that's your issue.

And people who dove into Tsushima certainly didn't do it to play online.

There's no petition so I have no idea what you talking about.

The issue isn't me being unable to distinguish between them? I know online trophies are time limited, but they are still a part of the game as a whole, and therefore a true 100% should include them, as they are part of the gaming experience now, which the trophies represent. Just because players are afraid they won't be able to earn them in four years time is on them, not me, or the developer.

I don't mind online trophies and I welcome the fact Sucker Punch have given me a further reason to dive back in. So what can I not distinguish?

Besides its a free update, so the players who dove into it don't have to flex any cash to have it. Trophy hunters represent a very small fraction of the people you're talking about.

Edited by ScintillaWolf

54 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Guys, it's NOT that grindy to reach 4x lvl 20! The DLC was released yesterday and I'm already close to level 20 (18) with one char. I played like 8 hours so far. I also cleared silver survival 5 times now. Gold can't be THAT hard in comparison, but I still don't know what the "don't die" requirement on gold exactly means.

My current estimate is that everything trophywise can be done in around 50 hours but it depends on the difficulty of the upcoming raid.

For Gold Survival, the "death" requirement means you fail if the entire team is down at the same time OR if one guy is down but doesn't get revived by a teammate within the time limit.

Gold survival is horrible, you get to see all the Heavy guys you can't assassinate coupled with many many Curses. One guy wasting the Heal early can be the end of the session.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

For Gold Survival, the "death" requirement means you fail if the entire team is down at the same time OR if one guy is down but doesn't get revived by a teammate within the time limit.

Gold survival is horrible, you get to see all the Heavy guys you can't assassinate coupled with many many Curses. One guy wasting the Heal early can be the end of the session.

I haven't made it to Gold yet, still working up my gear in Silver, but someone 'wasting the heal" sounds more like an issue of team comp to me, Ronin seems like it is going to be very important for Gold and the Raid. Built properly, every time they use their Ult it's a team heal and revives anyone who is down.

So far, the trophies seem pretty easy to obtain. Only really grindy part is that survival trophy, and getting rank 20 on all classes. Overall, it seems you'd just get everything by playing through.

Though, nobody's gonna get 100% anytime soon, since the raid's not out yet.

Edited by ArmoredSnowman
  • Like 1