Servers closing on December 31, 2020.

pMk2k

4 hours ago, Laishley27 said:

Hi! 2 dlc trophies will be unobtainable! Lord of the ring and the hunt is my mistress. They both use online leaderboards

Please stop spreading misinformation.

Multiple people have confirmed through playtesting that the dlc trophies are obtainable offline.

22 minutes ago, LIoyd__Knight said:

I'm assuming the server shutdown would be PST timezone since I'm currently located on SEA GMT+8 that's why I'm concerned with this.

Can someone at least confirm if it would be on Pacific Time?

No one knows what time they will shut it down so best to play it safe and do it today. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they do it like the Mad Max server shutdown and actually shut them down mid-day on Monday the 4th (particularly since the 1st is a holiday in many countries), but I wouldn't rely on it being extended that far.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Frostezin said:

I did the first 3 main missions and explored all the areas but no sign of vendetta missions. do I have to continue my main missions?

Take a peek at the map legend too with R1, that shows the shape of the icon on the map for online vendetta missions so it will make it easier to find among all the other orange side missions. You could also try dying, that may help someone else out by spawning an online vendetta for them and it advances time and reshuffles the board more than advancing time at a forge tower.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

Just chipping in on my experience in case anyone (like I was) is on the fence about starting so late:

I started getting Vendetta missions after doing the third mission (where you meet the friendly orc and you must protect him). I did NOT forge all towers, after forging a random one after completing the third mission it then said "Vendetta available". I died and it immediately gave me another Vendetta to avenge the same person (but a different location). Completed this and straight after it gave yet another vendetta. 

Took less than 2 hours to get it done. The game seems good so go ahead and do it before you cannot tomorrow.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Just chipping in on my experience in case anyone (like I was) is on the fence about starting so late:

I started getting Vendetta missions after doing the third mission (where you meet the friendly orc and you must protect him). I did NOT forge all towers, after forging a random one after completing the third mission it then said "Vendetta available". I died and it immediately gave me another Vendetta to avenge the same person (but a different location). Completed this and straight after it gave yet another vendetta. 

Took less than 2 hours to get it done. The game seems good so go ahead and do it before you cannot tomorrow.

Seems most people start getting them immediately after completing the first Ratbag mission. This is exactly where they popped up for me on the standard and GOTY versions. 

• Like 1

I just got it, vendetta missions started spawning for me after 7 story missions and closing and restarting the game because I panicked a bit. Did one story missions and one instantly spawned, a level 10 captain who killed someone on my friends list. Then got another,  and another soon after that so seems they are still up and spawning.

I've done it on all five versions.

I did the original vanilla on Xbox forever ago so I don't remember much about it.

Even though it was only in the past few days I already don't remember when Xbox GotY unlocked but I do know it asked me to kill for a random friend that had never played before. All other versions after people that had played it were the ones I was "avenging".

Both Steam and vanilla PS4 the first Vendetta popped after I had done the three Gollum quests and the second Outcast story quest. Roughly two hours from start of the game.

PS4 GotY it popped as early as the first Ratbag quest. This is only 45 minutes into the game if you skip all the cutscenes.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

So the Vendetta mission trophy is the only online one, right? Or will the server closedown affect some of the other stuff too, like other missions etc?

This is secretly a Battle Royale game and all the enemies in the game are controlled by other players. Once the servers shut down the game will cease to function.

Seriously though, it's just the Vendetta trophy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrandedBerserk said:

A little mix of Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder today so can anyone tell me what trophies will be affected by this shutdown? Can I still get the 100% after the servers go down? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere even after 10 pages and 247 posts. 

Please tell me this is a joke. 

Posted on external sites:

WB Games support clarified to TA community member NessNoldo saying that both the Lord of the Ring achievement and the Hunt is my Mistress achievement require the game's online leaderboards to unlock and would be discontinued after the server shutdown.

Vendetta missions are being discontinued:
Repaid in Blood - Complete a Vendetta Mission.

You need to qualify for the elite leaderboards for these:
Lord of the Ring - Complete all objectives in the Test of The Ring.
The Hunt is my Mistress - Complete all objectives in the Test of the Wild.

All 3 achievements will break on December 31st! This was confirmed by the devs on Nov. 30th.

I'm speechless.