What Are Your PS5 Goals?

DeathlessVoid

13 minutes ago, ddstgt79 said:

Getting one xD

Exactly.

I can’t afford the PS5 right now and with a PS4, a PS3 and a Vita, I have to be honest and say that I don’t actually need another console in my life, but I am so curious about the Dualsense controller! I would like to have even just a day with a PS5, to try “Astro’s Playroom” and the Dualsense.

• Like 2

When I have a PS5, which will be a long time from now cause 1. huge backlog and 2. waiting for the prices to drop and waiting for a PS5 bundle, I will do the same as what you’re doing now. Play a game, complete it and only then start/buy the next. When I complete a PS5 game, I will immediately sell it for half the price. I decided to go fully physical cause I’m not rich.

• Like 1

- Quality over quantity. Did a better job on this on PS4 than XB1, as the latter is my "main system" where I play everything minus exclusives, but I've managed to keep my backlog succinct and wallet heavier in 2020 by focusing on the quality of games (AAA's, great indies, etc.) rather than trying to complete X number of games or get Y number of GS in a month. Long may this continue.

- Chill on NG+ patches/DLC. I have 100% OCD, but on PS I'm less included to feel this way with any bad, poor value or super difficult DLC due to the Platinum system for the sake of 100%. Specifically, if game release a stupid NG+ update that requires 30+ hours of nothing new, I'm not bothering (perhaps if I love the game I will). Can invest that time actually enjoying myself with something else. 

- Just got for it on long platinums. Historically, if I game is over 70 hours I've been tentative to start it on my main account. Every time I eventually do I virtuallyynever regret it, so I'm going to be more instinctive moving forward in this regard.

- Get into Souls-borne games.  I have pretty low self esteem with gaming, I consider myself about average, and especially the case with Souls-borne games. They have always fascinated me and I thought Bloodborne is one of the most beautifully atmospheric games ever. Equally, I don't feel a good enough gamer to play them. Will try my damned beat to change that next gen.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 4

Trying to get used to the buzzing coil whine noise. I’m getting better at that. Also, I am playing Godfall and that game has too many bright objects flashing all the times so it’s giving me headaches.

Getting used to next gen is the first goal.

Edited by mvpeast

11 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Trying to get used to the buzzing coil whine noise. I’m getting better at that. Also, I am playing Godfall and that game has too many bright objects flashing all the times so it’s giving me headaches.

Getting used to next gen is the first goal.

Don't worry, you'll become habituated to the coil whine soon enough.

As a hardcore PC gaming enthusiast of the last 8 years, I'll say that the PS5 has impressed me for how quiet it is. I really hate loud fans (I opt for the quietest I can find for my PC builds) and my PS4 Pro was like a jet engine. I never got used to that thing. I've become as used to my PS5's noise as I am to my PC in just a couple of days.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DeathlessVoid said:

Don't worry, you'll become habituated to the coil whine soon enough.

As a hardcore PC gaming enthusiast of the last 8 years, I'll say that the PS5 has impressed me for how quiet it is. I really hate loud fans (I opt for the quietest I can find for my PC builds) and my PS4 Pro was like a jet engine. I never got used to that thing. I've become as used to my PS5's noise as I am to my PC in just a couple of days.

Yeah ps5 is not bad at all. It’s a very tiny machine that packs tons power. I am getting used to it better as time goes on.

3 hours ago, DeathlessVoid said:

I'm going to try my best to put a hard stop to the 'backlog' trend I've been falling into for the last couple of generations. Play each game one at a time, and only buy another when I am finished with what I currently own. I'm also going to try hard to plat everything that I buy (Demon's Souls be damned).

My goal is to have as much fun as I can while also trying to finish the games that I start (and like) 100% along the way.

Another goal is to buy and play new games immediately, I don't want to have them in my backlog.

I should get the PS5 on Thursday and I'm going to play Astro's Playroom, Bugsnax, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy: A Big Adventure and Assassin's Creed Vallhalla. I guess that keeps me busy for a while ? But I'm going to pause all of that when Cyberpunk 2077 finally arrives ?

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

- Chill on NG+ patches/DLC. I have 100% OCD, but on PS I'm less included to feel this way with any bad, poor value or super difficult DLC due to the Platinum system for the sake of 100%. Specifically, if game release a stupid NG+ update that requires 30+ hours of nothing new, I'm not bothering (perhaps if I love the game I will). Can invest that time actually enjoying myself with something else. 

That's one of my goals too ? If I love a game, why not, but I don't want to force myself to play NG+ just for trophies. 

Edited by anotherfangirl

I will curate what games I play, on PS4 I used to play thing just to play something, for trophies or because it was the new thing, on PS5 I'll just play the games I already have and only get the games I REALLY want day one and getting others later on sale when I'm done with my PS4 backlog

Edited by The Investigator

Aside from buying one first, pretty much the same as all generations: get some games I enjoy (preferably with no multiplayer content) and expand my collection. And if there's a remake from an all-time classic, play it (as I did with the Crash/Spyro/Medievil games).

• Like 2

On 11/15/2020 at 5:58 AM, DeathlessVoid said:

I'm going to try my best to put a hard stop to the 'backlog' trend I've been falling into for the last couple of generations. Play each game one at a time, and only buy another when I am finished with what I currently own. I'm also going to try hard to plat everything that I buy (Demon's Souls be damned).

Same ! I am trying to have a max of 3 games I am playing at the same time before moving on (meaning I platinum it). I plat'd Astro a few days ago, so I am working on The Pathless (as casual), Sackboy (with fam), and Demon's Souls (as challenge). 

Once I finish Pathless (i hope a trophy guide comes out soon!), I'll move on to Miles Morales, then Bugsnax. 

My goal will be to resist buying any PS5 game just because it is a PS5 game, I am very picky on what I play and I want to keep it that way and be patient until next gen games come out that I really want to play.

Until then I will just try and get used to the new console (get mine this Thursday) and play games that I have been holding off on until I got my PS5... (God of war, Horizon etc etc and of course my joint favourite genre, Horror, The last of us, Days gone and RE7).

Edited by Japanime_Gamer

On 11/15/2020 at 6:24 AM, Carol said:

Exactly.

I can’t afford the PS5 right now and with a PS4, a PS3 and a Vita, I have to be honest and say that I don’t actually need another console in my life, but I am so curious about the Dualsense controller! I would like to have even just a day with a PS5, to try “Astro’s Playroom” and the Dualsense.

Not going to lie, the controller, and really how the controller is with that game specifically, has been hands-down the most impressive thing for me.  Raytracing and SSD load times are great, but the Dualsense with Astro's Playroom is next-level.

Don't get it if you can't afford it, of course, and there's plenty of great stuff to play on PS4, but it is really something and you're looking forward to the right thing.

My personal goals, I think the OP was on to something, was something I've been doing for a while anyway.  Keep working on my backlog and only buy games as I want to play them.

Edited by Cherrywood
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 4:58 AM, DeathlessVoid said:

My goal is similar. My backlog is way too big, and I'm going to try really hard to only buy games that I know I'll actually play. By doing that, I'll have more time to keep bringing down my current PS4 backlog while still enjoying PS5 games (whenever I manage to find one).