Coca-cola or Mountain Dew?

Fawazc98

1 minute ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Corn syrup is unhealthy. Just so you know.

absolutely. Syrupy sugar water, should avoid or limit intake.  

So is playing video games for hours each day with limited/no exercise but most here overlook I’d wager…. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Neither, I drink mostly water and tea. I don't know if it's true or just a prejudice but I feel like mostly americans are absolutely obsessed with soda. Like, I know some people from US who drink more soda than water and they see nothing wrong with it. Maybe it's a cultural thing.

Our culture shoves it down our throats, that is true, but it's really not that difficult to avoid it, many just lack the ability. Our palates are so accustomed to high sugar and high fat diets starting at a young age that many Americans have a hard time getting used to healthier foods which naturally aren't as explosive in taste so they continue to consume garbage food all through life and proceed to get diabetes and die of heart disease prematurely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mega-tallica said:

Neither. Soda is straight poison and destroys your health. 

Water, coffee, beer, and occasionally milk is all I drink. 

Amen.  Same here.  Water.  Coffee (black).  Beer here and there.  Milk once in a while.  I don't think I've had a soda regular or diet in at least 20 years. 

1 hour ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Neither, I drink mostly water and tea. I don't know if it's true or just a prejudice but I feel like mostly americans are absolutely obsessed with soda. Like, I know some people from US who drink more soda than water and they see nothing wrong with it. Maybe it's a cultural thing.

Just quoting you just to say I love your sig.  I'm pretty sure most people feel that way about shovelware.  On topic, I'm american and I would say that what you surmise is pretty true.  Americans do seem to be big on soda.  I'm of course not, but I would guess the majority are. 

• Like 1

Coke is perfect if you feel constipated and can't go to the bathroom. Mountain Dew is hardly accessible in my country, so I try it only abroad. I only drink beer at parties with friends, which right now I can't drink much, or the next day I can't handle the unnecessary hangover. For every day, I just take a cup of coffee sometimes, just when feel sleepy or need a quick energy boost. However, you can never override the natural source for thirst quenching: water +2.5 L every single day. 

Not really a fan of Mountain Dew outside of the Livewire flavor since they all taste  too sweet otherwise. Regular Mountain Dew is a decent substitute for an energy drink though with all of the caffeine and sugar it has. Not really a Coke guy though, I prefer Pepsi

8 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

Still far better than soda.

In moderation obviously. 

Last I checked drinking pop didn’t  slowly destroy your liver and coffee is an addictive substance (as many here will probably attest to) and there are people that can actually go through withdrawal if they don't have any. Don't play the game of "X is healthier than Y" when you don't know the whole story.  

6 hours ago, majob said:

Last I checked drinking pop didn’t  slowly destroy your liver and coffee is an addictive substance (as many here will probably attest to) and there are people that can actually go through withdrawal if they don't have any. Don't play the game of "X is healthier than Y" when you don't know the whole story.  

That's why I specifically stated 'in moderation', I'm not talking addicts. Obviously if you're consuming coffee all day everyday and binge drinking beer when you get home from work, you're going to have some bad health repercussions.

One coffee or one beer a day isn't going to kill you though and actually has some proven positive effects on your health whereas any amount of soda you consume has zero positive effects. It's bad for you no matter if you drink 1 a day or 10. 

• 4 months later...

I like both, even when they dont sell mountain dew officially in Mexico since a very long time ago.

But yes, extra points for mexican Coca cola because its made with real sugar, and the greenish glass bottle is just S tier to drink coca cola while eating.