The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

6 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I would love to play that game myself. However, it just came out a few weeks ago and as such is not yet eligible for tje event :( games need to be at least 2 months old...

Sorry! You could work on the other titles and make the swap once 2 months have passed, if the game is still UR by then (which I guess it will be...)

Ah drats, I totally missed the fact that it is that new!! Okay fair enough @Arcesius. I feel like the plat is going to take me at least that long anyway, but I will plan to swap it out in a few weeks if the UR status holds up at the 2 month mark ? It looks to only be ~3 weeks from now anyway.

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 1

Sorry I haven’t posted in a while. Got a bit distracted trying to clean up my non ultra-rare backlog. Looks like there’s been some amazing updates lately. Congratulations to @Joe Dubz and @Eqill5 on SMB and Cloudberry Kingdom respectively. Both of those are insane accomplishments. I’m still debating what I want to do in light of recent events. I was thinking about picking up the BBCS dlc characters but $24 for 3 characters that I’m probably only going to play for an hour or 2 seems a bit excessive. I’m probably going to pick up the PS3 version of Ultra Street Fighter 4 though. On the topic of Street Fighter I wouldn’t mind helping out with that 8 player trophy @Thedah. Just let me know when you guys are gonna get together. Once I know what I’m going to swap out I’ll let you know @Copanele

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

OlliOlli (1.61%) - 100%
L8a65e6.png

This simple 2D skateboarding game is all about scoring big, landing perfect grinds, and picking up deviously-placed collectibles. Flicking the analog sticks to perform tricks is a stroke of genius and the gameplay feels smooth and satisfying throughout. The game's 250 challenges spread over 50 bite-sized levels can range in difficulty from "Eh, that wasn't too bad" to "...I'm just going to go huddle in the corner for awhile." RAD mode is its own beast entirely demanding that every grind and landing is performed "perfectly" but, once you've wrapped up the challenges, you'll be able to steamroll through most of these levels on RAD without much struggle. While I enjoyed my time with the game, the sequel polished the ideas of the original to a mirror sheen so I'd definitely recommend checking OlliOlli2 out first!

OlliOlli2 is a much better game with a better music soundtrack to go with it. But playing the sequel first will throw people off the original. 

OlliOlli lacks manuals and manual-reverts so you’re going to be playing a bit differently. The game mechanics in OlliOlli2 are much better fine tuned and RAD mode is easier. In OlliOlli RAD mode was a pain, you have to be extremely precise to get that ‘Perfect’ and I misjudged countless times on when I should hit X which resulted in countless fails. 

Obviously practice makes perfect, and despite its flaws OlliOlli is a respectable 100 percent title.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Ehm, congrats! Gotta ask, as we couldn't find your name... did you sign up for this event at some point and we missed your post? 1f605.png

I didn’t know it was an event, I thought it was just a thread to post what UR trophies we’ve gotten in 2021

no I did not sign up

36 minutes ago, Grotz99 said:

Finally finished Defender's Quest making it platinum #100 for me. Near the end some levels started to really bug out and freeze, sometimes when there was only 2 waves left, which got really annoying. Almost gave up, but I tried restarting my PS4 to hopefully clear out any memory leakage and slowed the time down while lowering the particle graphics and was able to finally get through the final levels. Sometimes it happened when someone just died and you go to pause the speed of the game, which means you had to be careful not to pause it and just keep the waves going while replacing units. The last level took more than a day to get right and required some really specific character builds and placed them in the right spots.

Overall it took about 50 hours to get through and I finished it on PS4, where I didn't on PC. It is a pretty good tower defense game with some silly humor, but does require some pretty good strategy later on after you finish getting 180 stars with only the core team (no generic recruits). The issue is that you get a lot of xp from the first time you complete levels and the core team takes that up for 180/201 of the gold stars. Once you can recruit new units, they start at level 40 and there is only 21 levels worth of first time beating xp. Luckily, and I didn't know this before I got my recruits, there is an option to turn on xp gain to 300% and it doesn't stop you from popping trophies (they actually recommend you turn it on later). That helped me grind out the same level a bunch of times until my other recruits were level 60 as well.

It's interesting and kind of sad that the game only has a little more than 300 owners on here and it came out in 2018 for PS4. I do recommend it if you like tower defense type games.

• Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten DX (22%) 2.28% rarity :platinum: 1S19e80d.png Ultra Completionist
  • Ironclad Tactics (50%) 3.30% rarity 1f4af.png
  • Phantom Doctrine (0%) 0.69% rarity
  • Torment: Tides of Numenera (83%) 1.58% rarity
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (10%) 0.31% rarity

No idea what to go for next and I'm not knocking these out nearly as quick as I thought, but I might be using a swap soon. Torment is pretty close but requires a full playthrough which I'm not ready for that level of reading again. BoI:R was pretty ambitious and the time sink there is huge. I might give Phantom Doctrine a try if anything from that list.

Grats on defenders quest I have 2 levels left then the final endless but the game freezes so hard I can't bring myself to even attempt them.  On the 3rd last level I finally got to the end after countless attempts and then I sped up the game and it crashed I was so sad haha.

2 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Grats on defenders quest I have 2 levels left then the final endless but the game freezes so hard I can't bring myself to even attempt them.  On the 3rd last level I finally got to the end after countless attempts and then I sped up the game and it crashed I was so sad haha.

Not sure how much it helped, but I turned off numbers and set particles to 0%. Just to be safe I basically ran the whole thing at no more than 2x, which was slow just due to lag anyways. I found that when someone died and I paused too quicky, it froze as well. For some reason the last 2 levels didn't give me any issues and neither did endless 2 which I was afraid would.

Edited by Grotz99

1 hour ago, Lausokii said:

This event and all you people here have given me so much motivation to get back into Meat Boy really bad! I don't have much cleanup but I would like to take this opportunity to sign up and try pursue some more difficult games and see how far I can take it.

Tier 1

Super Meat Boy (0.22%) - 91%

Trials Fusion (0.1%) - 0%

Wuppo (0.65%) - 0%

Lumo (0.71%) - 0%

Bound (0.65%) - 0%

Thats great to hear. Good luck!

Also, I love your profile pic. Pure nostalgia. :D

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lausokii said:

This event and all you people here have given me so much motivation to get back into Meat Boy really bad! I don't have much cleanup but I would like to take this opportunity to sign up and try pursue some more difficult games and see how far I can take it.

Tier 1

Super Meat Boy (0.22%) - 91%

Trials Fusion (0.1%) - 0%

Wuppo (0.65%) - 0%

Lumo (0.71%) - 0%

Bound (0.65%) - 0%

A man of culture, good to see someone add Wuppo to their list, I wish I could get more into metroidvanias because I love the style of Wuppo.

• Like 2

On 7.4.2021 at 7:07 PM, iGGTheEnd said:

Tier 1

1. Jump king (3.11%) - 0

2. Titan souls - (1.87%) - 0

3. Surgeon Simulator (0.58%) - 0

4. Moonlighter - (3.19%) - 0

5. Lovecrafts untold stories (0.76%) - 17%

Glad to see that you finally decided to join as well :) Welcome!  

On 7.4.2021 at 7:07 PM, iGGTheEnd said:

Also are you guys taking suggestions for Most wanted list I feel like I hate running backwards deserves to be on that list due to the insane requirements.

That game crossed my mind when we were putting together the list, but didn't really know if it would deserve to be there. After you suggested it, I talked to Floriiss and he mentioned that the hardest trophy can be cheesed... And a run is usually not that long. So it doesn't quite make the cut. 

Thanks for the suggestion though! :)  

• Like 1

@Copanele I appreciate that the bounty has expired, however given its prominent position on the Most Wanted List (+ all of the rightfully glowing reviews within this thread) I felt I should inform you that the 100% for Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is seemingly currently unobtainable. 

‘Last Respects’ from the Back To Ubersreik DLC is the culprit, with the last achiever being on the 11th of February. This seems to coincide with the Outcast Engineer DLC update released on Feb 16, which also bugged a number of other aspects within the game. 

So I’m not sure if you want to put a disclaimer in the OP or whatever. At the very least anybody reading this should keep away from it for now (but absolutely check it out at a later date! :D

As for this contest itself, I’m tempted to join however it does contradict my own personal little goal of completing 2+ years worth of games all on the same day. Since it’s for charity I think I will try to work something out though, plus it will finally force me to put a cap on my ever-expanding list :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrFudge said:

@Copanele I appreciate that the bounty has expired, however given its prominent position on the Most Wanted List (+ all of the rightfully glowing reviews within this thread) I felt I should inform you that the 100% for Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is seemingly currently unobtainable. 

‘Last Respects’ from the Back To Ubersreik DLC is the culprit, with the last achiever being on the 11th of February. This seems to coincide with the Outcast Engineer DLC update released on Feb 16, which also bugged a number of other aspects within the game. 

So I’m not sure if you want to put a disclaimer in the OP or whatever. At the very least anybody reading this should keep away from it for now (but absolutely check it out at a later date! :D

As for this contest itself, I’m tempted to join however it does contradict my own personal little goal of completing 2+ years worth of games all on the same day. Since it’s for charity I think I will try to work something out though, plus it will finally force me to put a cap on my ever-expanding list :) 

Thanks for letting me know ! @Arcesius that's your game xD is it only the DLC or the entire platinum that is unobtainable? 

8 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Thanks for letting me know ! @Arcesius that's your game xD is it only the DLC or the entire platinum that is unobtainable? 

As far as I can tell it’s solely that one DLC trophy, however I admittedly haven’t inspected the entirety of the trophy list yet. The only reason I’m even aware that Last Respects is bugged is because I personally couldn’t unlock it. 

The developers Fatshark released a small update just yesterday to fix some issues with one of the Weaves, so it’s possible that other trophies might face issues, but not to my knowledge. 

Edited by MrFudge

56 minutes ago, MrFudge said:

Hey there! Glad to see you around here :) We coincided on a couple of matches in End Times - Vermintide, good job with that 2HH ? Seemed to me like you did all the Cata missions without a fixed group.. Impressive, given how desolated the servers are!

As for the bugged trophy... Unfortunately that does indeed sound very much like Fatshark... It really is a shame that stuff like this (and other bugs) are that common. However, as stated in the rules, if trophies are unobtainable (be it due to server shutdown or bugs or whatever), they do not need to be earned (duh) for the game to count :) Thanks anyways for letting us know!

I quickly checked on Discord and there have been various reports of people not being able to pick up the bones to get the achievement, also on XBox... so I'm sure it will be fixed at some point (hopefully sooner than later). 

Off-Topic.. if you are going for the Weaves at some point, I know of at least another player on this forums that is looking for a group :) Let me know if I should get you in touch! 

Edited by Arcesius

3 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Glad to see that you finally decided to join as well :) Welcome!  

That game crossed my mind when we were putting together the list, but didn't really know if it would deserve to be there. After you suggested it, I talked to Floriiss and he mentioned that the hardest trophy can be cheesed... And a run is usually not that long. So it doesn't quite make the cut. 

Thanks for the suggestion though! :)  

That's good to know maybe I will reach out to him and see how to cheese it I would love to add that platinum to my list.