The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

I will be swapping Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Plus R for BlazBlue: Chronophantasma.

1. BlazBlue: Centralfiction (3.57% UR) - 100%

2. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (2.73% UR platinum, 1.78% UR full completion) - 37%

3. BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (2.98% UR platinum; 2.19% UR full completion) - 10%

4. Battle Fantasia (0.59% UR) - 18%

5. Dragon Ball FighterZ (2.57% UR) - 31%

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Koro249 said:

cuKdrho.png

I'm back with another update for Tier 3 already. I was very motivated to get Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus done, as it is one of the most popular, most talked about challenges on PSN and I wanted to be part of the Mein Leben club. So I pushed myself to do run after run and I had some really infuriating deaths (including a random grenade without indication and 2 times where I fell through the map while attempting to do skips lol). But yesterday, I finally did it. After doing some practice, I would say it took me a total of maybe 12 real attempts over 4 days if you don't count some really early deaths. 

The game itself is pretty damn good. I really liked the gun-play a lot and the story (which I know by heart by know) was pretty crazy and enjoyable too. For me as a native German speaker the German dialogues that the nazis would have while you are sneaking around had something really hilarious about them and I often found myself staying hidden, just to listen to what they had to say. You could argue that there is not a lot of enemy variety in the game and a lack of boss fights, but the bosses in The New Order weren't particularly great either, so I didn't really miss any of that and I think it was a good decision on their end.

Now for Mein Leben. If you know your strategy, it's in theory very doable. Yet, the amount of pressure I felt as I made it to some of the final areas was insane and I think the length of the run makes it easy to loose focus on some spot and then throw it, even though you technically know how to pull it off and it can be very frustrating to just waste 2 hrs of your life like that.

But, it was very satisfying whenever you finished a section flawlessly and realized how automated some of the sections have become to you. This is what had me coming back.

Anyway, thanks to @Baker121 and @HusKy, for sticking with me throughout my journey providing tips and motivating me. Now it's your turn to do it.

Check out my run if you are interested (no, i'm not talking to myself, I was streaming :D): 

Congrats once again Terror-Koro. It was fun watching your streams. I know your heart was beating like crazy but I always was a bit nervous too, because I hoped you were going to do it. Very clean Engel kill ?.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arcesius said:

I opted for doing my first playthrough on Insane difficulty, and I think that was the right choice. The game felt challenging at times, and having to learch each of the 18 Bosses' moveset while dying in 2-3 hits was pretty fun. The only downside is that I also needed to fight the secret boss, Zwepel, on Insane aaaand... yeah, this guy was a giant headache. 

Almost forgot about that boss but yeah dude was straight ass to beat on insane lmao, took me well over an hour. It's only a couple minutes but felt like forever with the amount of rng and him one tapping you if he doesn't drop shields. Congrats on the plat! 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

1. Battle Fantasia (0.60%) 100% 2705.png

2. Dead or Alive 5 (0.51%) 100% 2705.png

3. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (4.36%) 61%

4. Rez Infinite (3.47%) 6%

5. Sonic Mania (1.78%) 19%

Ld07ba2.png

This pushed me to my limits. Big statement, I know. The single difficult trophy in this game is to complete all Survival courses. There are 8 of them:

Rookie: 10

Easy: 20
Normal: 30
Hard: 50
Champ: 100
True Fighter: 100
Master: 100
Legend: 100

You are reading that right, defeat 100 opponents on one health bar, 4 separate times! 1f632.png

You regenerate up to half of your health back after every character you beat. I attempted this Survival mode last year after clearing up the online mode last year and maybe attempted Champ difficulty twice before shelving it. Thanks to this thread and this thread alone, I had the motivation to go back and finish up DOA5. Now I don't normally make a big deal out of difficulties because eventually ways to cheese your way to success may be found ultimately making it easier as time goes on or developers decrease difficulties through patches etc. Not in DOA5's case! The AI in the survival mode is BRUTAL. Thanks to the annoying ass mechanic: Counter hold. The AI would get so hard to beat to a point where it would counter hold almost all of your moves and reacting in time is simply not feasible in a game as fast paced as DOA. Then you got hyper AI that converts every ounce of damage into a big combo, your health bar can easily get halved in a matter of 2 seconds for the tiniest mistake.

Also, according to most threads about this game, it is deemed harder to play on the most recent patch as the AI counter holds you even more. So instead, I played without the latest patch and used good old Lisa (La Mariposa) Hamilton. I learned the basic BnB with her and proceeded to spam that shit throughout the match. It wasn't easy having to adjust to the enemy positioning and adjust my combo for more damage or if I preferred to not be in the corner. Nothing is more heartbreaking than losing in the 80+ range and dying only to have to start all over again. Especially considering the fact a good run that goes up to the high rounds like 80+ can take up to 30 minutes! When you lose so high up, that feeling is soul crushing. I had to dig deep, take long breaks and take deep breaths to conquer this game's survival mode.

Congrats man! I can only imagine how brutal 100 consecutive fights are. It took me a whole day's worth of attempts to do 32 in Central Fiction, so I don't think I could do 100 fights in DOA. Massive respect for getting this done.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, postofficebuddy said:

Shit, had a trophy glitch in Rochard and I didn’t even notice initially. Got the trophy for finding 100% of all collectibles but after syncing I saw the trophy for finding 50% of collectibles never popped. This isn’t going to get me flagged I hope. Should I contact a mod? 

I think you need to contact a CRT member here, like MMDE, B1rvine or grimydawg. Try to contact any of them (MMDE has a full inbox from what I know xD Discord is the way there).

Other than that I can't be of much help, sorry :( 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I think you need to contact a CRT member here, like MMDE, B1rvine or grimydawg. Try to contact any of them (MMDE has a full inbox from what I know xD Discord is the way there).

Other than that I can't be of much help, sorry :( 

Thanks for the advice, I just messaged Grimydawg. I can’t say for certain but I think what happened was I died immediately after getting the 50% collectible which caused it to not register. At least that’s my theory. 

• Like 1