The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

5 minutes ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

Hey guys, want to join, but have a question. 

Is there a time limit after I post my list? Because I'm not really that good with gaming schedules. I will most definitely get sidetracked and play other stuff or not play anything at all. 

What if it takes me one whole month to give a tiny update? No problems with that?

Wish I joined earlier, damn, got several URs the past 6 months.

Not a problem at all, there is no time limit or constraint here :)

Not an official declaration, but I more or less have a framework for my Tier 3 list.

- [Whatever 699th quick plat I use before Mugen Souls]

- Mugen Souls

- Secret Ponchos (NA)

- RPG

- RPG

Not sure on the exact RPGs I'll use. My current idea is to put in the European and Korean stacks of Omega Quintet since I wanna do the three remaining versions I have of it alternating so I get through them all roughly at the same time. Would add the JP version as well except it's not UR like the others. ?

Failing a desire to do that, I'll likely focus on the PS3 Compile Heart RPGs I have that are UR, so that'll be between Cross Edge, Agarest, and Agarest 0 (Trinity Universe is UR, but also not technically a Compile Heart game despite the glaring similarities with regards to dungeon crawling to the original Hyperdimension Neptunia on PS3). Since one of my goals is to do every Compile Heart platinum at some point and those are pretty much the worst, it'd be nice to tackle them sooner rather than later even if it ends up causing my Tier 3 to consume the rest of the year.

EDIT: Oh yeah, always the chance that the Eva pachinko machine I have running in the background actually pops the last trophy I need for plat, in which case that would be my 699th and since I'm never declaring that on account of the insane 1 in 20 million odds RNG, that would just free up a slot for another game, which I would probably just fill with another RPG or some random EZPZ UR like Knowledge is Power.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Tier 2 Update 1

L9dcc42.png

Congrats for that !!!! I played the original as a minigame in Yakuza 0 and damn it kicked my ass. Killer soundtrack though!!

10 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

Making two swaps, these server shutdowns are coming in hot. Made some nice progress on MP3's multiplayer last Friday, playing through the story mode as we speak. Loving it so far, wish I played 1 and 2 before jumping straight into MP3 though!

Those swaps will be free of charge :) Online shutdowns get special treatment, for people who are interested!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ChxpointCharlie said:

I completed TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan and that is my second Tier 2 game done.

I feel like this game often gets overlooked and is a little underappreciated. Ok, it's not Platinum Games' strongest effort and a lot of the criticisms it received from reviewers and the harsh reception by fans are wholly justified and fair. But at its core all the ingredients for a great game are here!

It is somewhat of a disappointment considering Platinums' pedigree but judged in its own right I feel like it stands up well for what it is. The story is super short and the gameplay is extremely repetitive and it does often feel unbalanced at times. Not to say it's a particularly difficult game - especially by the developer's standards - but it's not nothing either. 

The main hurdle for completion is slogging through the seemingly endless repetition and RNG. But the whole thing is co-op so with a good partner or group of friends this is a lot more enjoyable!

I really love the art style and it's obvious they went to great lengths to faithfully match that classic humour of the series which makes the story and cutscenes a thrill for Turtles fans (which is just as well because you'll be watching them over and over!). I enjoyed the traversal a lot too which is reminiscent of inFamous and the combat is as tight as you'd expect from Platinum plus controlling your favourite Turtle feels great!

Overall though I struggle to recommend this to even hardcore fans of the green team, purely because of the sheer repetitive grinding nature and reliance on luck, but personally, I had an absolute blast!

Tier 2:

• Trackmania Turbo (0.61%) - 100% :platinum:
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (2.40%) - 100% :platinum:
  • Mirror's Edge (2.89%) - 0%
  • Wolfenstein II The New Colossus (0.82%) - 0%
  • MGS4: Guns of the Patriots (4.26%) - 0%

The real problem with TMNT is that it was delisted ages ago and almost no one owns it nowadays or can get a hold of it :P

Otherwise a lot more people would play it, as it's actually not bad at all.

Of course congratulations on finishing it. The survival mode can be really annoying at times, especially the skateboarding stages. If you just hit a mine before any of the 2 pizzas and you end up missing it, you might as well give up as you probably won't make it to the second one with your life. 

Edited by CriesOfFurya

This is true. It was unfortunately delisted within 8 months of release... ? and I believe that plays a factor in what makes the platinum so rare. Luckily I was still able to find a couple of copies on disc (the extra one to play on my alt to do the 4-player required trophies) and thankfully my partner who introduced me to the game and helped me through it still had their download available! 

Thank you though! There are a few tricky sections, particularly the 4-player trophies as said which require some co-ordination, but there's no skateboarding in this one. Are you maybe thinking of the TMNT Arcade game by Konami from the NES? I know the modern version of that was also sadly delisted on PSN ?

And I agree! I wish more people could play it because it is great! 

Edited by ChxpointCharlie
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, CriesOfFurya said:

As for future plans for me, I'm obviously still trying to focus on shutdowns and sepcifically on older PS3 games, as they are evidently trying to shut that system down as soon as they can. As such, my next games will include the following:

Max Payne 3

GTA IV

Red Dead Redemption

NfS Shift 1&2

Really enjoying reading through detailed posts like yours in this thread, learning about and bringing games I’ve never heard of to my attention, and even some that I’m already interested in starting!

As for Red Dead Redemption, I’m sure you’re already aware some of those online trophies can be hard to get the number of people required to complete them together at the same time (up to 4, 6 and even 9 players!) So if you ever need someone to fill in a space, let me know and I’d be happy to idle for you!

• Like 1

I would like to swap Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift please.

My new list would be:

1. BlazBlue: Centralfiction (3.57% UR) - 20%

2. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (2.73% UR platinum, 1.78% UR full completion) - 0%

3. Dragon Ball FighterZ (2.57% UR) - 31%

4. Battle Fantasia (0.59% UR) - 18%

5. Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Plus R (1.70% UR - No platinum) - 0%

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 2

I'm swapping games again but for the last time in the current tier i swear :):P:D

I just finished my first playthrough of Anodyne and i think it's an medium game. Nothing too bad but neither awesome. A few jokes, the navigation through the world became easier as it went on. It's ok. At least the hero fights with a broom against various monsters :D

unfortunately i have a big problem as two trophies glitched away: defeating the first boss again will be easy but i didn't get the last boss' trophy but instead the 100% completion. According to the trophy guide i may have to complete the game two times now to get the boss trophy and the 100% speedrun trophy. But it'll take only a few more hours, like the speedrun must be completed within 3 hours with all collectibles so i'll go through again without the collectibles if necessary again.

Edit: The trophy for getting 48 collectibles glitched too, so i have do it all over again :(

Out: The Last Guardian

In: Anodyne

Edited by Evil_Joker88

On 24/06/2021 at 0:14 PM, CriesOfFurya said:

The real problem with TMNT is that it was delisted ages ago and almost no one owns it nowadays or can get a hold of it :P

Otherwise a lot more people would play it, as it's actually not bad at all.

Of course congratulations on finishing it. The survival mode can be really annoying at times, especially the skateboarding stages. If you just hit a mine before any of the 2 pizzas and you end up missing it, you might as well give up as you probably won't make it to the second one with your life. 

Mutants in Manhattan has been delisted but its readily available on disc so that's not the reason the percentage is so low, CEX stores in the UK have 10-20 copies depending on area you live in and can even order them to the nearest shop. Likewise, E bay has 100's of listings although at a more costly price.

Problem with Mutants in Manhattan is that most people want everything handed to them, don't want the RNG aspect, get bored and ultimately stop playing.

Also, I don't recall any skateboarding stages or survival mode in Mutants in Manhattan? Maybe it's something I overlooked?