Your most proud platinum trophy

CaveBear912

I just platted Yakuza Kiwami 2. Although it's not my rarest, it made me step out of my comfort zone and try new experiences. For instance, I didn't even know how to play poker or mahjong (still don't know how to play mahjong but figured out how to cheese it). It also had challenges that pushed the extent to the minigames I wasn't comfortable with. The platinum was more of an experience and a collective of memories where I had to think outside the box in order to achieve it. For these reasons, I think this one is my proudest platinum to date.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BKnocheese said:

I just platted Yakuza Kiwami 2. Although it's not my rarest, it made me step out of my comfort zone and try new experiences. For instance, I didn't even know how to play poker or mahjong (still don't know how to play mahjong but figured out how to cheese it). It also had challenges that pushed the extent to the minigames I wasn't comfortable with. The platinum was more of an experience and a collective of memories where I had to think outside the box in order to achieve it. For these reasons, I think this one is my proudest platinum to date.

Big congrats for a Yakuza Plat. Currently working on Yakuza Zero and like other Yakuza's, it's definitely a beast plat that requires so many different things. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

Flame Over PS4

It took me a good month just for the fireproof trophy alone. Was not easy and highly stressful getting that perfect run and I'd never want to do it again

Just looking at the game makes my head spin. Impressive accomplishment, those stressful and frustrating trophies tend to stick to memory even years after you've earned them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

Flame Over PS4

It took me a good month just for the fireproof trophy alone. Was not easy and highly stressful getting that perfect run and I'd never want to do it again

Yeah, this one is up there for me aswell. The game is an unfair piece of crap. I had loads of runs where I almost had it and then some unreachable idiot got instantly killed the second you walk into the room. I'm so happy I never have to play that one again.

But my proudest one must be Super Street Fighter IV, I spent well over a year chipping away at those trials and then weeks of boosting with someone else in a dead online lobby for the online ranks.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Copanele said:

I would say  Street Fighter V. Had some tougher games than that on my list, but none could beat the pure insanity, rage and madness that was Ranked mode in that game. It was also the first time where I had to approach a fighting game seriously.

There’s no easy way around the online either. I’m afraid to put it on my trophy list because it’s likely I’ll never get that platinum. Not having stellar internet pretty much means this is a no go.

• Like 2

My my proud platinums are probably: 
- Super Meat boy 

- Trackmania Turbo

- Enter the Gungeon

Meat boy was almost a year long process that really challenged me. I would take the time to finish a no death run and then 100% an easy game before doing the next, and it felt so good when I finally finished. I started trackmania before meat boy and finished it almost a year after I got the meat boy plat. For whatever reason, every time I got frustrated and dropped the game, I would pick it up 2 or 3 months later and make more progress. It felt so incredibly fulfilling when I got all 200 gold medals.  Enter the gungeon was very similar to the other two, but the sheer amount of time I put into completing the ammonomicon is what gets it a spot here. Lastly, one of proudest 100% without a plat is Star Wars Bounty Hunter, it took me over 4 years to finish and just felt rewarding to finally get the game completed.  

NBA 2K16.  Best game I received from PSPlus.  I was just planning to play the game and enjoy it, picking up what trophies I could.

Never expected to go for the Platinum, I think it is 0.03%, but hey, as I made progress, I saw it was very much doable.  Just need the right combination of skill and ability to grind.

It has made me pick up more recent NBA titles, and recently platted NBA 2K20.  Very much looking forward to seeing the evolution on PS5, first impressions seem to be good.

• Like 1