Mass Effect Legendary Edition

25 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

That shouldn't be an excuse in 2021. But I do agree that the difference between 60 and 120 is pretty negligible, at least to me. I played some Nioh 2 in 1080p@120 and decided to go with 4K@60 in the end, because the higher framerate just isn't worth the loss in resolution.

Wait, 4k@120HZ runs on HDMI 2.1. The PS5 supports this right? When I'm playing Coldwar Zombies and look at the settings, the PS5 state 4k 120HZ  though it's not RGB.  So 60HZ with raytracing or 120 without.  There are games that drop to 1080P at 120HZ? Wouldn't be worth it imo.

Forgot to mention, Sony 900H tv that supports this.

Edited by Z1MZUM

12 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Wait, 4k@120HZ runs on HDMI 2.1. The PS5 supports this right? When I'm playing Coldwar Zombies and look at the settings, the PS5 state 4k 120HZ  though it's not RGB.  So 60HZ with raytracing or 120 without.  There are games that drop to 1080P at 120HZ? Wouldn't be worth it imo.

Forgot to mention, Sony 900H tv that supports this.

Cold War doesn't run 4k@120hz/fps. Cold war uses Dynamic Resolution to adjust the resolution when ever it's necessary. Iirc digital foundry found out, that 120ps mode is running in 1200-1440p and framerate varies between 100 and 120 fps. There are a few games now, which support 120 fps on series x and not ps5 (recent example is zombie army 4). The Raw power of the series x is just better than the power of ps5.

But i agree with you. I don't own a HDMI 2.1 device but tried 120hz/fps via displayport on pc and i almost didn't notice the difference. My focus is always on performance (i would never sacrafice 60 fps for 30fps and higher resolution) but i'd definitely prefer 4k@60 over 1080@120...

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

Aside from the MP mode, the other thing I loved from ME3 was its trophy list. 

No trophy needs to be removed, there were 2 different requirements for a single "multiplayer" trophy: The online way and the offline way. Check it's trophy list for more on that.

It's an amazing feature. The ps3 version will still be platinumable even after the servers shutdown.

Sure, trophy changes have been confirmed, but technically, you could import the same ps3 trophy list and it would still be fully achievable even with the mp discarded. 

Edit: Just checked the trophy guide, there's a trophy that requires connection to EA, called "Defender", it doesn't require playing mp at all, but I'm not sure if something like that can be shut down. 

The Infiltrator app was definitely shut down, and I believe that so has the Galaxy at War webpage, so currently the only way to get Defender is to play the multiplayer. If the mp goes bye-bye, so does the platinum.

2 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

The Infiltrator app was definitely shut down, and I believe that so has the Galaxy at War webpage, so currently the only way to get Defender is to play the multiplayer. If the mp goes bye-bye, so does the platinum.

N7HQ is still up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

That shouldn't be an excuse in 2021. But I do agree that the difference between 60 and 120 is pretty negligible, at least to me. I played some Nioh 2 in 1080p@120 and decided to go with 4K@60 in the end, because the higher framerate just isn't worth the loss in resolution.

It’s a limitation of the ps5 backwards compatibility that’s the reason for no 120fps, if they made a native ps5 version they’d be able to put it in but since it’s only running the PS4 version in back compat it can’t go higher than 60fps, unlike the Xbox which can go up to 120

Edited by syneidesis1

Having spent entirely too much time reading Xbox fans on Twitter and Reddit taunting PS5 owners over the "up to 120fps" advantage with this... the Xbox Series X seems to be a more powerful machine than the PS5.  Unless I'm missing something, it seems like as a platform it'll probably get the edge in performance wherever possible.  However marginal it may be.

That being said, until the Xbox starts getting some exclusives that take advantage of that power... it's just playing the same games as we are.  Having uncapped PC games framerates before, the difference between 60fps and 120fps (unlike 30fps and 60fps) is unnoticeable.  Considering it's very unlikely to maintain a consistent 120fps and jumpy framerates are very annoying... it's one of the least appealing advantages I've seen gain this much traction.  Like my PC games, I'd probably cap it at a stable 60fps anyways if given the option.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Having spent entirely too much time reading Xbox fans on Twitter and Reddit taunting PS5 owners over the "up to 120fps" advantage with this... the Xbox Series X seems to be a more powerful machine than the PS5.  Unless I'm missing something, it seems like as a platform it'll probably get the edge in performance wherever possible.  However marginal it may be.

That being said, until the Xbox starts getting some exclusives that take advantage of that power... it's just playing the same games as we are.  Having uncapped PC games framerates before, the difference between 60fps and 120fps (unlike 30fps and 60fps) is unnoticeable.  Considering it's very unlikely to maintain a consistent 120fps and jumpy framerates are very annoying... it's one of the least appealing advantages I've seen gain this much traction.  Like my PC games, I'd probably cap it at a stable 60fps anyways if given the option.

I am getting tired of seeing all the bickering back and forth on Twitter between PlayStation fans and Xbox. All I want to say to them is just play the game on your preferred platform and enjoy it.

Anyways, I can't wait to play the Mass Effect games again. Really looking forward to playing the first game. I started at the 2nd game when it first released on PS3. I will be disappointed if it is one trophy list for the whole package. I had a idea, what if each game had it's own list and than there is a 4th list that has the trophies that count across all 3 games. Wishful thinking probably.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cloud_Squall78 said:

Looks like Bioware decided to go with separate lists after all with an additional mini-list spanning all 3 games:
https://www.exophase.com/game/mass-effect-legendary-edition-psn/trophies/
https://www.exophase.com/game/legendary-edition-mass-effect-2-psn/trophies/
https://www.exophase.com/game/legendary-edition-mass-effect-3-psn/trophies/

I don't see a list for ME1 yet, but I imagine that will appear soon.

What I had just mentioned about a separate list for the trophies expanding across all 3 games is actually what they did. I promise I don't have psychic powers.

I like this idea.

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

So just fart around and the plat 3 games easily. 
Nothing choice related in there...so simply it is almost offensive

Well, sure, it’s never going to be able to offer the kind of challenge your last 10 platinums did, but I think revisiting the ME trilogy will still be a good time for us mere mortals.

I’m looking forward to it ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Well, sure, it’s never going to be able to offer the kind of challenge your last 10 platinums did, but I think revisiting the ME trilogy will still be a good time for us mere mortals.

I’m looking forward to it ?

Are you making a point? 
What does dumbing down the trophy lists for ME have to do with some throwaway games on my list? 

Looks like the only difficult part about the standalone list is that you have to beat all three games on Insanity difficulty.

So very glad they decided to include that as a trophy for all three games. Highly rewarding for those of us that want to play on that difficulty.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Are you making a point? 
What does dumbing down the trophy lists for ME have to do with some throwaway games on my list? 

I'm saying that I'd hardly call playing through a great trilogy of lengthly, awesome games like Mass Effect - even on an easy setting - 'farting around', and that it's pretty wide to do so, when most of the recent games you've played are Breakthrough Gaming Arcade stuff.

Was that not clear?

Nothing wrong with playing throwaway stuff of course, but it hardly lends credibility to calling ME 'farting around' right after :dunno: