March PS+ Games - FF7R, Remnant from Ashes, Marquette, Farpoint VR

Abby_TheLastofUs

After seeing that people who get FFVIIR through Plus won't be able to upgrade to the PS5 version, it kind of makes sense as to why they didn't announce this at the State of Play.

Think they could have handled this whole upgrading situation a lot better. Everyone who owns the game through whatever means can upgrade but only those who paid get the Yuffie expansion for free for example. In any case, this is still a really good month for Plus.

30 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

The PS+ version of Final Fantasy VII Remake doesn't get the free PS5 upgrade.

Has that been officially confirmed somewhere? In the other thread when someone asked, he was only shown the image of the lineup, showing FFVIIR with the PS4 tag. Which means nothing, because Intergrade releases in June, so they can't really tag the March lineup with PS5.

I now see some mentions of a line in the Japanese store listing, but afaik unlike that store, ours can't differentiate between PS+ and normally purchased games, which is why you can't permanently buy a game that you got from PS+. You can't even buy the e.g. XCOM 2 Collection if you got the vanilla game from PS+. I guess we'll have to wait and see if a separate listing appears on our store like DriveClub.

1 minute ago, NamoPh said:

Has that been officially confirmed somewhere? In the other thread when someone asked, he was only shown the image of the lineup, showing FFVIIR with the PS4 tag. Which means nothing, because Intergrade releases in June, so they can't really tag the March lineup with PS5.

I now see some mentions of a line in the Japanese store listing, but afaik unlike that store, ours can't differentiate between PS+ and normally purchased games, which is why you can't permanently buy a game that you got from PS+. You can't even buy the e.g. XCOM 2 Collection if you got the vanilla game from PS+. I guess we'll have to wait and see if a separate listing appears on our store like DriveClub.

The pic with the games for march. Down to the left the smaller text , it says PS+ is not eligable for ps5 upgrade

2 minutes ago, AgentSmiz said:

[...] people who get FFVIIR through Plus won't be able to upgrade to the PS5 version, [...] 

As far as I can tell, they only state that those that redeem this game via PS+ won't be able to upgrade to the PS5 version for free. I'd be ok with that tbh. 

2 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

Initially it was just the repost of a deleted Facebook post. However, the lineup has meanwhile been confirmed on the official Playstation Twitter. 

Just now, Arcesius said:

As far as I can tell, they only state that those that redeem this game via PS+ won't be able to upgrade to the PS5 version for free. I'd be ok with that tbh. 

Quoting the Playstation blog announcement, "Please note the PS4 version of Final Fantasy VII Remake available to PlayStation Plus members is not eligible for the PS5 digital version upgrade".

They might walk that back though or clear it up as time goes on. A £10 upgrade for those who got it via Plus seems like a better pill to swallow than them not being able to get it at all.

4 minutes ago, AgentSmiz said:

Quoting the Playstation blog announcement, "Please note the PS4 version of Final Fantasy VII Remake available to PlayStation Plus members is not eligible for the PS5 digital version upgrade".

They might walk that back though or clear it up as time goes on. A £10 upgrade for those who got it via Plus seems like a better pill to swallow than them not being able to get it at all.

Yeah I hope they offer a paid upgrade at least. It seems like the Yuffie section won't be available on PS4, so those who redeem this version won't get to play it otherwise. 

Edited by Arcesius

6 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Good month!, a solid 8-9/10 and will be my first time playing FFVII (aside from demo).  Hope the platinum isn't much of a pain and any tips/ tricks are welcome. 1f601.png

I wonder who'll end up getting my vote for best girl. 

The one with the biggest personality, I guess.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

Ah yes, Farpoint, the game that singlehandedly ruined a whole convention day and almost turned me off trying PSVR ever again... 

Pretty stoked about FFVIIR though, I've been waiting to cut down a bit more backlog before picking it up so that works perfectly for me. Remnant's pretty fun from what little I've played on PC as well, I'm more than happy to get it for console. 

15 minutes ago, antonioaaf said:

Amazing month!

Does anyone know if DLCs for Remnant will be included?

Why do you think they will? 

They won't. 

BUT as it is a trend, we might get the season pass on sale for 10 or even 6 dollars next month.

Anyways, very happy with this month. Soulslikes are life. Oh and FF7R too. 

Crazy month for those that don't own FF7R! Even if you don't get the free PS5 upgrade, getting a GOTY nominee within a year of its release is pretty wild. Especially considering FF7R hasn't gotten a really good sale yet. 

Only game I don't own from the list is Maquette, and it seems like I'll need to wait until I have a PS5 in order to play that. Bummer, but it is what it is. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

The PS+ version of Final Fantasy VII Remake doesn't get the free PS5 upgrade.

That's too bad, but still - that's a great PS+ game.

Kudos to Sony for getting me interested in PS+ again. I'm not so excited for the titles, but I am happy about the precedent. This might be the first time I remember Sony putting up a AAA game that hasn't already been discounted to hell in the past.

remnant from the ashes is amazing, and i don't regret paying for that awesome game. (same guys who did darksiders 1-3) dlc kept me going for ages and it's pretty hard, need good people. really hope they are making remnant 2. I also hope people buy the dlc they really deserve it and the dlc is bigger then most games.

ff7 remake was a well earnt plat, I sold it after doing it though so won't say no to having it again.

• Like 1