Post your most recommended PS3/Vita titles to buy before it's all gone forever!

Alos88

1 hour ago, PsychoHenni said:

I'd say both Hotline Miami's on PSN are worth picking up, also Liberation and Freedom Cry if you're big on Assassin's Creed.

Toying with the idea of picking up Eiyuu Senki, but it's ridiculously pricey, sucks that it never got a worldwide physical release, the only release I know of (and I'm not even sure if it's real haha) is a Japanese physical copy, which is even more expensive.

This is my list of DLC I'm looking out for, which has been whittled down, I'm not sure on most of them because most of them have a Complete Edition/GOTY physical release, depends on whether or not those particular DLCs are burnt onto a disc or are now out of date codes:

• The Force Unleashed/The Force Unleashed II
  • Dark Souls/Dark Souls II
  • Dante's Inferno (Really want to try this out)

Let me know if I can take any of these games off my list because I can buy GOTY physical edition with the DLC already on disc.

Definitely not buying all 500 million DLCs for goddamn Rock Band, though I am eyeing up PSN games with bad reviews such as Kick-Ass and Amy, call me a masochist. I played .detuned and 100 percented it and now that garbage game will forever be on my trophy list, you can't take my trash away.

The Force Unleashed 1 DLC is very pricey, but has never been onsale. It's actually cheaper just to track down a copy of the ultimate Sith edition which has it on the disc. Though it is not compatible with vanilla save games. Though you don't use your vanilla saves to access the DLC (its on the main menu) so if you are just buying it to play the DLC it doesn't matter.

The Force Unleashed II DLC is 99 cents, and so satisfying. Definitely a buy.

Dark Souls1/DS2 I would say unless you have an attachment to existing save files, you might as well just buy the remasters for PS4 that include the DLC. They both run at 60 FPS on that and they target 30 FPS on PS3, and famously didn't meet it in some areas (Blightttown in DS1). Though for DS1 the DLC is only $10 so that could be either way, but the DS2 DLC is $25. You can easily get DS2 for PS4 much cheaper than that on sale digital or perhaps physical used.

Dante's Inferno is great...the DLC is not so great. The challenge level DLC is already delisted and I wasn't much of a fan of it. The Dark Forest prequel level was very short and incredibly lame. The only question I have for you, is it worth paying $5 for the Dark Forest Pack to play through the campaign in these fabulous threads?

Discodantescreen.jpg

DISCO INFERNO!

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

The Force Unleashed 1 DLC is very pricey, but has never been onsale. It's actually cheaper just to track down a copy of the ultimate Sith edition which has it on the disc. Though it is not compatible with vanilla save games. Though you don't use your vanilla saves to access the DLC (its on the main menu) so if you are just buying it to play the DLC it doesn't matter.

Dark Souls1/DS2 I would say unless you have an attachment to existing save files, you might as well just buy the remasters for PS4 that include the DLC. They both run at 60 FPS on that and they target 30 FPS on PS3, and famously didn't meet it in some areas (Blightttown in DS1). Though for DS1 the DLC is only $10 so that could be either way, but the DS2 DLC is $25. You can easily get DS2 for PS4 much cheaper than that on sale digital or perhaps physical used.

Dante's Inferno is great...the DLC is not so great. The challenge level DLC is already delisted and I wasn't much of a fan of it. The Dark Forest prequel level was very short and incredibly lame. The only question I have for you, is it worth paying $5 for the Dark Forest Pack to play through the campaign in these fabulous threads?

Discodantescreen.jpg

DISCO INFERNO!

So I have DS2 on disc on PS3 and PS4. My goal is to 100% DS series at some point. Should I bother buying the DLC for PS3 or can the plat for Dark Souls 2 be obtained without it.

I might grab:

Wild Arms XF 9.99 (the only wild Arms i never played)

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 14.99 (I have the ps4 Requiem but it does not include the remake of Rondo of Blood)

Ys oath of felgaia 14.99

Batman Blackgate 19.99 - forgot i can get this one physically so i will pass on the digital

My PS3 wont access the store so there is nothing there i could get if I wanted to.

Edited by Void

15 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

So I have DS2 on disc on PS3 and PS4. My goal is to 100% DS series at some point. Should I bother buying the DLC for PS3 or can the plat for Dark Souls 2 be obtained without it.

You do not need the DLC for DS1 or DS2 to 100% them on PS3. The only Souls game that has added DLC trophies is Bloodborne.

As you have a way to experience the DLC for DS2 on PS4, I would especially not bother dropping $25 on the DS2 DLC for PS3. I would play through it on PS4 first to see it all, then you can play through it on PS3 skipping the DLC in vanilla to see how they remixed item and enemy locations in the PS4 remixed edition. The enemy layout was the same in the DLC in both versions of the game.

Edited by Guardian_owl

4 hours ago, R4M Jolly Monk said:

I highly recommend this one! The game was free on PS Plus many years ago and has been completely forgotten. It was developed by Japan Studio and was never released physically. Very beautiful game. Definitely check it out.

It has a Japanese physical release so learning Japanese is always an option.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PsychoHenni said:

• Mass Effect (Already sunk about £50 this past week on DLC for 2 and 3's DLCs)
  • Telltale LEGO DLC (such as The Force Awakens DLC's with trophies)
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • The Force Unleashed/The Force Unleashed II
  • Dark Souls/Dark Souls II
  • Dante's Inferno (Really want to try this out)
  • Arkham Series
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Shadow of Mordor
  • Fallout/New Vegas
  • Far Cry
  • Metal Gear Solid Series
  • God of War 3/Ascension
  • Borderlands (Possibly)
  • Sonic Unleased (Definitely thinking about this one)

Let me know if I can take any of these games off my list because I can buy GOTY physical edition with the DLC already on disc.

You can buy Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition and it has DLC on disc. 

Most of the games you have on that list are available physically so I wouldn't worry about them and just get the digital only games and/or dlc. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vergil said:

Why? Game is 100% offline and that trophy , someone got as late as 12th March 2021

maybe u still can but truetrophies says its unobtainable for whatever reason i am hoping they r wrong, i guess u can check a trophy guide to make sure 

9 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

Discodantescreen.jpg

DISCO INFERNO!

ultimate sith edition is on psnow if u were interested also force unleashed 2 

All these can be bought physically so it wouldn't be an issue, but the DLC would be gone and I remember the Tales games have a lot of DLC costumes and game boosters. 

PS Vita

Persona 4 Golden (although now on PC, but trophies..... )

Tales of Hearts R and Tales of Innocence R

All the Otome games on Vita, although many are now ported to the switch anyway... but again no trophies.... 

PS3

All the Tales games- Graces, Symphonia, Xillia 1 and 2. (I played Vesperia and Zestiria on PS3 as well but these are on PS4 anyway so not gone forever). 

I want to play Persona 4 dancing all night, so will have to buy that before the stores close

• Like 1

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds on Vita with 2 DLCs of characters with trophies included. For some reason, the game it's still listed as 4.49€ on EU PStore , as far as i know, not sure about other regions since a sale of February to March 2016, that should have ended anyway but stil is marked with discount. The game is also available on PS4. 

Amazon.com: Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds (Limited Run #165): Video Games

Can someone tell me if there's any PS3 games that are Japan (or Hong Kong) store only that's worth at least check?

I have been going around to decide what to buy, and so far I already decided against Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (only Neptunia game that I will not buy apparently), since I'm not really into the series (ya, I own almost all of them up to VII.. only played the original 2), as well as against MeiQ, looks like it's quite bad, and at 40€, I can pass on it..

I also decided against several Visual Novels because 30-40€ is to much and the only one that I was really inclined to buy at that price (Chaos;Child) is also on PS4..

Currenlty I narrowed it down to 

- Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest (have been wanting it for ages, but since I learned about the game, I saw 0 sales..)

- Oddworld Munch's Odyssey (only Oddworld game that I would be missing otherwise..)

- Corpse Party (the PSP game, I already got the Vita one..)

Well, that's essentially my list for the EU/US stores, now the Japanese one is a bigger unknown for me..

PS: I don't stack, nor play VN "for trophies" and can't read Japanese.. Yes, I played the Japanese Shining Resonance RPG (at the time there wasn't an announcement for a remaster, let alone some kind of west release..), but I understood probably 10% of what's going on, not playing a story heavy game all in Japanese, specially not playing a VN.. Still maybe there's something good in that place that doesn't require much understanding of what's going on to enjoy it.

On 3/31/2021 at 2:31 AM, Vergil said:

I have the game. I can try and check on a different account

cool i'd appreciate it and will get the game if u still can 100 percent it as well, is it true mafia 3 u cant platinum anymore either as they came out with the definitive edition and the other version is glitched or buggy?