Petition to unlock MK 9 online trophies

Gu_bandini

I've seen a number of these petitions in my time and whilst I appreciate the intentions behind it may be good, it won't achieve anything. Trophy hunters represent a very small percentage of gamers as a whole and the devs have nothing to gain from releasing a patch just to pop trophies for a small percentage of players. Best to use that energy to try and get some platinums that aren't out of reach.

• Like 1

Never gonna happen. Imagine how cool would be if magically every online trophy from any closed server just popped in your profile? We wouldn't have thousands of unobtainable platinums. And I'm sure that there's always a group of people to each one of these thousand games that thought this same idea.

I would love to platinum Portal 2, Midnight Club Los Angeles, Gran Turismo 5 and at least 20 more games. But it won't happen even if they could do it.

• Like 1

Hey guys. Id like to thank everyone who made suggestions and constructive criticisms. I already changed the title and objective of the petition. Now it aims to make the online trophies non-mandatory rather than unlocking them for everyone.Thank you all

Non-mandatory? How would that possibly work? Its very unlikely they will change server status and even less likely they will change the trophy list requirements. As Fawlty says, it takes away from those that did the requirements in the first place. MKX had the invasions fixed (whether the petition helped or not is anyones guess) because the game is still active but MK9 had been dead a while before the servers went down.

It sucks when you get locked out a Plat, i have several on my list including this, but everyone needs to suck it up, take it on the chin and move on. Looking for other ways leads to wasted time and folk trying workarounds etc through frustration. Sorry if it seems harsh but its true, this won't work especially for games of this age. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Gu_bandini said:

Hey guys. Id like to thank everyone who made suggestions and constructive criticisms. I already changed the title and objective of the petition. Now it aims to make the online trophies non-mandatory rather than unlocking them for everyone.Thank you all

Sorry to say this but it looks like you don't even know how the trophy system works and you are going against its principles... First asking to unlock the online trophies without any other requirements and later changing it to making them "non-mandatory".... As many other people have said the only possible options could be re-open the servers or making another offline requirements to unlock the trophies, nothing else...

Anyways, if this miraculously works I would like something similar for MKvsDC...

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2021 at 0:29 PM, Gu_bandini said:

Are you saying that you want the online trophies to not be mandatory for the platinum? I don't think that Netherrealm or Warner Bros can actually do that since platinum trophies are unlocked by getting 100% of the trophies. I think your best bet would be to appeal to them to change the online trophies into single player ones. Other games have done that so it's possible but I still doubt they'd do it since there's no money to be gained.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 28/08/2021 at 4:03 PM, Floorkiller74 said:

Why are so many playstation games so entitled they feel they are owed platinums they haven't met the criteria for?

Probably because these games never came with a disclaimer of "If you buy our product, part of it is on a timer".

No one is entitled to a platinum trophy, and no they shouldn't auto-pop, but the requirements should have been adjusted after server closure.

I've got a fair few games on my list that are unobtainable, once upon a time I never cared for them, now I do, and those games I paid full price for are essentially missing elements I paid for. 

Some devs were clever enough to add alternative ways to obtain trophies, others made online P2P. Then there's these noddies who switch everything off after X amount of years.

The irony of arguments against this is the fact PSNProfiles and PlaystationTrophies.org exists - boosting sessions make all these trophies trivial.

• Like 2

No for the reasons several others have listed.

Besides, most devs wouldnt include trophies in their games, at all, if Sony didnt force them. Which, quite frankly, is the way it should be. Developers should decide what features their games have.
Point being, they arent going to do it and they shouldnt.
This isnt a case like Shadow of Mordor or Mad Max where the associated trophy took no effort. Getting the online trophies in MK9 took a lot effort and time for those that did it. You shouldnt have them given to you because you got to the party late.

There's nothing wrong with prestigious or time-limited trophies. Instead of getting jealous and demanding you get it handed to you, be happy for those that did achieve it.

Edited by Chaos_Culture
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Signed, and let me just say that I am a huge opponent of online trophies. Sooner or later it always ends the same way.

By the way, I will ask about one more thing. There are probably people who are very knowledgeable about trophies. Has it ever happened before that developers removed any trophies and this had an effect on the entire PlayStation Network?

Regards

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The servers were shut down without a reason. Different from other games like GTAV, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 2-3 and The Last of Us, which the companies announced months before the closing servers date. Leaving a good window to own the trophies.

Just let it P2P.