Fall/Winter 2021/2022 Backlog Challenge

1 hour ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Now, I started a new game. Castlevania: Lords of Shadowis by no means the type of game I was expecting… In fact, is better! Many could say that is a “God of War clone”, but no jokes in this game. You need to be dexterous if you even wish to beat this great title. You can’t smash go all around spamming buttons and hope that kills the enemies. In fact, the damage you receive is absurd, and you can be dead really quick. The game is long, and reading everywhere else, I found that you must replay it 2 more times, due to collectibles and difficulty related trophies. So far, the game is great, and even being a “retro” game, the quality of it is superb, and the graphics aren’t that bad even for 2021 standards. So far, I’m intrigued how much I can expect about it. Not as spooky as I was waiting for, but at least was a wise choose as I love to play this type of games. A very humble progress so far, but it's due to the nature of the game, as it features a long story mode, plus the replay value it has made it a bearable and enjoying challenge fit to this event. Going to be posting my advancements towards this great game from Konami.

I loved reading your thoughts on Lords of Shadow! 

Just like you, I went into this one having no idea what to expect, and ending up loving it. It’s so much more than just a God of War clone.. I found it to be a fantastic hack-n-slash game with a really unique identity of it’s own. It’s kind of like a strange mix of of different genres and gimmicks from popular games, but when blended together it really has it’s own unique feel and charm that sets it apart from the games that it was clearly inspired by.

I think Castlevania: Lords of Shadow also has one of the best soundtracks I’ve ever heard in a video game, and really helps create the atmosphere and nail biting intensity of the major fights and boss battles. I’ve been meaning to hunt down a copy of Lords of Shadow 2 for a long time now so I can jump back into that epic world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liioni said:

I decided to switch out Little Big Workshop, it was just making me frustrated because of all the bugs. I'm gonna go for Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition instead, it's a series I feel I have really missed out on, and it's been in my backlog for ages! Feels like the perfect fit. I remember starting it, but never really playing it. So this will be fun!

Also made some chill progress in Never Alone. I really don't want to rush it, I like the vibe! 

Finished

Auto Chess Start 23% -> 100%
Super Animal Royale Start: 45% -> 100%

In Progress

2064: Read Only Memories Start 8% -> 18%
Never Alone Start 9% -> 35%

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Start 0%

Swapped out

Little Big Workshop Start 15% -> 44%  -> Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition 

Just a heads up for Tomb Raider, there are multiplayer trophies and the servers are pretty empty. Most you can grind solo, but there are a few which will need other people to boost ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heather342 said:

Just a heads up for Tomb Raider, there are multiplayer trophies and the servers are pretty empty. Most you can grind solo, but there are a few which will need other people to boost 1f44d.png

Thanks for the heads up! I'll make sure to finish the story asap so I got a lot of time to search for people to play with! :D

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Thanks for the kind words! 

Indeed! This rip-off form Castlevania franchise is noticeable for many aspects drawn by many other games in the genre. I can dare say that the most obvious is its inspiration from GoW (and as you mention, the soundtrack is fantastic and feel the same atmosphere as the Ancient Greece while, let's say, battling the Idols -which is somehow reminiscent and a nod to that series too- gives that precise feeling), but also it oddly reminds me a blend between Devil May Cry and Souls series. It also features a platforming, mechanics that has been explored in other games, especially Assassin's Creed or open-world alike games too. The story too... And I'm making my bet at this point how the plot will turn on, LOL. 

The combat system is kind of complex, and the learning curve is slow and quite hard, but gradually I'm nailing it. I read that the last DLC is tough, and frankly, I've been stuck on certain parts of the game by hours, but once I figured out (not perfectly, but just enough to progress) how to deal with certain powered enemies, especially when crowded makes me to take this game seriously. I'm mastering the parry, as is essential if you really want to survive in those levels. See ya buddy! ;) 

I only played the base game and had forgotten about the DLC, that will give me an excuse to revisit this one again for some clean up one of these days. I agree with you about it being a tough game though! The combat system has a lot of depth and is difficult to master, but you’re well on your way to this already if you’ve been practicing the parry mechanic. Perfecting your parries will be essential for the harder difficulties, as well as some of the timed section trophies iirc. Good luck dude and enjoy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, willythom88 said:

God of War Ascension - Don't like it either.  I think I'm over the GoW formula from that time, honestly, but idk.

What a shame. I loved this GoW. Camera might be outdated for today's standard and story may not be the strongest of the series but loved the aesthetics and graphics of it. Personally, I think it looked better than GoW 3. 

• Like 3