PlayStation Showcase 2021

Abby_TheLastofUs

8 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Funny how they haven't given any clues as to what is being shown. It's gonna be a big one for sure.

Hopefully we see lots of gameplay unlike the poor excuse of showings from Xbox this year that were 80% pre-rendered CG trailers.

God of War. Forbidden West. Final Fantasy XVI. Patches for some more PlayStation 4 games (Uncharted 4/ Lost Legacy). Factions. Interesting new IPs. 

Won't necessarily be disappointed if some of that doesn't show up at all but they need to hit hard to leave no room for doubt that they're going to keep on putting out some of the best games.

Couldn't of said it any better. I'm just going to keep my expectations in check and be pleased with whatever they do show and hopefully reveal some new stuff to. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Hopefully we see lots of gameplay unlike the poor excuse of showings from Xbox this year that were 80% pre-rendered CG trailers.

Gosh I tried watching that Xbox Gamescom thing. What a snore fest. Quit after 20-ish minutes to eat lunch and didn't go back. Didn't miss anything either.

• Like 1

I'd personally be shocked if we didn't get a Crash Bandicoot announcement like "Wumpa League" considering it falls on his anniversary, but I'm just hopeful we get Sly Cooper back or even some more remakes like we got with MediEvil. Other than that obviously I'd like to see Marvel's Spider-man 2, but I'm not expecting too much.

My prediction is Final Fantasy 16 since it's been noticeably absent at all other gaming events and Spyro 4. Also, I have no doubt that this is where the GTA 5 (and potential trilogy remaster) get announced.

I also expect to see a lot more remaster/patch announcements like God of War, Horizon, TLoU2etc.

As far as more unrealistic expectations go, maybe Metal Gear Solid Remake, The Legend of Dragoon, New Bioshock, Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2.

it's going to dissapoint i know, Sony has been very quiet this year, the two events were shit and i don't think this it's gonna be better, i will like to see ancient IP and God of War, but i guess it will be 26 fucking minutes of Kena, 4 minutes of Horizon trailer, GTA V on PS5...Sony was gross this year sadly, i'm going to see it and if it's amazing i can change my opinion, but i'm going with low expectations after many dissapointments

Edited by TheAbyssWalker61
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, darkrequiem7 said:

Gosh I tried watching that Xbox Gamescom thing. What a snore fest. Quit after 20-ish minutes to eat lunch and didn't go back. Didn't miss anything either.

Didn't even watch the Gamescon presentation, just heard it was bad; I'm referring to the earlier showcase with Bethesda which most of the internet deluded themselves into thinking was good which it really wasn't.

4 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Didn't even watch the Gamescon presentation, just heard it was bad; I'm referring to the earlier showcase with Bethesda which most of the internet deluded themselves into thinking was good which it really wasn't.

Regardless of publisher these events are always underwhelming affairs the internet overhypes. 

Even when there’s a top-tier reveal like Spider-Man PS4 or Breath of the Wild that’s greeted by universal whooping and cheering, it’s always followed/preceded by a massively overlong showcase for some second-rate title like Deathloop or Horizon and extended trailers/developers speaking to camera about games only 2% of the viewing audience will ever play.

(I currently fall into that 2% group for Super Monkey Ball and King of Fighters XV so I’ll apologise to the other 98% of you for all the times those appeared in events recently.)

Edited by Tsundokuist
  • Like 1

I think the PS5 reveal was good reference on how events should be. Some reveals, some gameplay trailer on previously announced games, we got Miles, Demon’s Souls, Horizon and FFXVI.

I don’t mind Sony making these events hardly ever if it’s going to have that much content.

Please respect our time. We’re not here to watch extended gameplay for Clid the Snail.

updates from PlayStation Studios and some of the industry’s most imaginative developers, for games releasing this holiday and beyond

God of War 2 and Gran Turismo 7 must be there. Will be very surprised if they don't appear at all.

• Like 1