Elder Scrolls 6 to be exclusive to xbox and pc

SnowxSakura

Not a surprising announcement but the thing that bothers me is it might prove we won’t get a Morrowind 20th anniversary remaster or an Oblivion remaster for a PlayStation console. Was hoping to see shiny new versions of those ala Skyrim. Will wait and see if there’s a timed exclusivity deal for 6 and if not just get it on PC like all the other TES games.

4 hours ago, Sergen said:

Once upon a time PlayStation fanboys said they have the "best exclusives". This right here has shitted on Sony a lot and I'm glad to see it after all of their arrogance and the toxicity of PlayStation fanboys about being on the "superior platform". 

Bit of a difference between building your own studios/exclusive IPs vs buying out the parent company of a long time multi-platform publisher/developer.

This doesn't really change Sony's line of exclusives that were home grown, and I dont think a whole mass of people are going to suddenly buy an xbox just for Bethesda 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

How likely was getting skyrim prequel 1 and skyrim prequel 2 remasters when regular skyrim remaster is easier and is guaranteed to make more money?

Of course it was. Easy money wins every time. Screw the challenging route. ‘Twas a pipe dream to begin with. Skyrim anniversary gave a glimmer of hope, then this announcement pretty much kills that idea off.

The big man Phil Spencer must be rubbing his hands together right now envisioning all the people talking about buying a new Xbox console now. “Our investment’s gonna pay off soon, guys”. It’ll be interesting to see the numbers down the line.

Quite predictable since the Microsoft acquisition of Zenimax. This is just good business, no reason to moan about it…

That being said, I wouldn’t trade God of War Ragnarok nor Horizon Forbidden West for all the elder scrolls in the world. So no harm done ?

• Like 2

Honestly, I think this is great news for everyone.

TES VI being exclusive will make it take full advantage of the capabilities of its platform, without the need to optimize for all of them. Also, it's a great attraction for Xbox to grow and evidently they're not going to want to let that candy slip away.

At the same time, this is good news for PS users. The evident lack of western RPGs (without Obsidian, Bethesda or inXile) has generated a market gap in the biggest console park, something that I imagine that more than one company will try to take advantage of, who knows if we will even see a Sony first party making a game of this style.

That said, this news is expected and at the same time good for everyone.

• Like 1

Even if it never comes to Playstation - I’m looking on the bright side - it frees up time for other stuff!

An Elder Scrolls game takes upwards of 80 hours.
Realistically, that 80-odd hours of gaming could be like 4 or 5 indie games - the kind of stuff that can fall through the cracks when a bunch of big games are eating up all the gaming time…

…so maybe it’s a blessing in disguise ??

• Like 3

Given the mod community support for these games, it's probably best played on PC anyway.

Personally, I don't care much. I spent enough time playing Skyrim that it was worth buying twice, but open world RPGs are quickly becoming one of my least favorite genres in terms of trophy hunting. One less game to play on PS isn't going to hurt me.

• Like 3