Persona 4 Golden & Persona 3 Portable heading to PS4

Abby_TheLastofUs

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

If you have gamepass it'll probablu be 0$ haha. I just like you though prefer to play on PS. My Series X and Switch get barely any play from me. Like, ever.

Also I doubt Persona 6 is ps5 exclusive now. Atlus is being weird as fuck lately. 

Don't have it since I buy all my games, and the last time I turned on my Xbox was... March, I think? I wouldn't even bother buying an Xbox each generation if it wasn't for the handful of exclusives.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me too much if Persona 6 was PC exclusive or something...

14 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm glad they decided to port Persona 3 Portable over FES since it's the superior version imo. Feels much better to play thanks to direct commands for other party members and all those quality of life improvements. Plus, you know, it has the FeMC route which gives a whole new perspective on the game. New social links, new music, etc.

Hard agree on this one. I've been seeing a lot of people saying they'd have preferred FES, and that's been a huge shock to me.

Knowing Atlus, I doubt we'll see them on PS4/5 cause I swear to go Atlus are the most tone deaf motherfuckers when it comes to what the fans want. Like not combining Persona 3 FES & Portable onto one copy instead of making fans choose between a better story experience or tolerable gameplay

Edit: Never been so happy to be wrong. Though it seems that It's PS5 only so shame for the people who couldn't get their hands on one. Though I'm still upset they didn't combine Portable & FES

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 3

I'm glad Xbox fans will get to experience Persona finally, but god DAMN is it frustrating for Playstation owners. I've wanted to play P3 and P4G for years, but Sony has only had them for PSP and PSVita, and basically 5 people have a Vita (being hyperbolic, but you get the idea). It would be common sense to port these to PS4/PS5, and maybe it will, but for it to be announced first for Xbox hurts.

• Like 1

I'd expect a PS version at some point. If not, they would be alienating a lot of fans in Japan who primarily own a PS. I have never cared about console exclusivity, because all the games I ever wanted to play were on PS, and never really cared about other platform exclusives. Sucks to be on the other side of fence here because I really want to play P3 and P4; as P5 is my all time favorite game. I wish all games were released on all platforms for everyone to play. Silksong is another game I would be really interested in playing, but its PS release in uncertain for now.

Edited by boorish_brute

I'm glad they're making more Persona games available on more platforms. I'm disappointed they're doing P3P instead of FES though. It's neat being able to play as FemC, but I've never thought it was worth everything they had to give up to put the game on PSP. Like the cutscenes and map movement. It also doesn't have the answer. Hopefully people can see past all the flaws to the game underneath, but I have no real interest in playing that version again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

There really needs to be a definitive edition of Persona 3 that keeps the portable upgrades, but the overworld+cutscenes+after story from Fes

Exactly this. Part of what has kept me from playing Persona 3 is the lack of a true definitive version. Not being able to control other party members in a turn-based game is a design choice I'll never understand. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Knowing Atlus, I doubt we'll see them on PS4/5 cause I swear to go Atlus are the most tone deaf motherfuckers when it comes to what the fans want. Like not combining Persona 3 FES & Portable onto one copy instead of making fans choose between a better story experience or tolerable gameplay

this is so true I have been a hardcore atlus fan for years and everything they do there is always something that makes me wonder why tf are you doing this lmaooooo

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I’ve held off on playing the PSP version of P3, on the heavy rumour it would be getting the remaster treatment…

…would be just my luck if it finally did… and was only on Xbox! 1f62b.png1f602.png

Wait a bit longer. 

It would be stupid to limit it to the weakest of the JRPG machines. Expect it on Switch/PS4 eventually.

• Like 1

even though it's not confirmed...*yet*

i still believe from this alone P4G and P3P are coming to PS4/PS5, it would be really weird if they only went to Xbox and not a modern PS console,

(the most modern p3p got was....well, a PSP)

I know the whole P4G plot, but I know next to nothing about P3, so here's hoping!

oh also, is it kinda weird how I NEVER want P5 to come to switch? I want to see people beg & groan how jokers in Smash but his origin game isn't on switch hahahaha!!!

Edited by Exeshow678

Will Atlus really bring these games to the Switch in the future? Soul Hackers 2 snubbing Nintendo surprised me - despite the poor sales for P5 Scramble in Japan.

Then again, there's a rumour that Xbox paid for a two day announcement embargo so there may be more news on this, later in the week.

Edited by Eraezr

8 hours ago, The Investigator said:

crazy that we even have to ask if Persona games are coming to PlayStation consoles after they've been announced for PC/xbox

thanks Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst

Ryan and Hulst may not necessarily have a say if Microsoft paid for exclusivity. My gripe is that in my opinion Sony should have locked up Atlus years ago. Before they sold to Sega they offered themselves to Sony.