Is Playstation Plus worth it for you? (analysis)

omgitsbounce

but thats the thing. i liked the themes and avatars, but i hated the free games. they should let you keep them, i didnt download any of them since 1 month is not enough for me. since itll download for a week, then an other 2 weeks before i decide to play it, and i will only have time to play the game for 1 week. and that is not enough

I don't think a month is enough time for PS+ to really sink in and show how valuable it can be, so I can certainly see what you're basing your opinion off of.

PS+ certainly isn't for everyone, but I've been very impressed with it so far and will resubscribe when it's time.

Parker

I don't think a month is enough time for PS+ to really sink in and show how valuable it can be, so I can certainly see what you're basing your opinion off of.

PS+ certainly isn't for everyone, but I've been very impressed with it so far and will resubscribe when it's time.

Parker

the only thing i was looking for in every update was themes, avatars, and those sega classics xP

the only thing i was looking for in every update was themes, avatars, and those sega classics xP

Those have been awesome. I'm still holding my breath for Toejam and Earl to make it's way to the PS3 via the Genesis downloads, but sadly I don't think it'll ever happen... :(

Parker

For me it is definitely worth it.

I have been a PLUS member since Day 1, and I have to be honest, at first I was not impressed in the very least. But as the cost was and is minimal, I stuck with it, and I am glad I did as it has more than paid for itself plus some.

As with any service like this, it will suit some, and not others, but for me, I am glad I stuck with it and it is well worth the nominal price for what I get in return!

i read the article you shows bounce...you basically got 252 bucks of FREE trophy games...and 21 of them...now to mention everyone got a little taste of it...so for 50 bucks a year...yes, it is 100% worth it...best of all is i dont pay for my ps+ :D but i didnt take advantage of it until golden axe came out :(

i would be interested what those games were, and if they include the games for the outage, thats now fair

well, I don't really know how to answer this. I would say yes cause I got the options of all the discounted/free downloadables. but then again, hardly ever get around to playing any cause I have so much disk based games I haven't even gotten around to playing. umm. still up in the air with this one.

From the free month I had with it, I only downloaded the PS+ dynamic theme and that was only because I was bored of what I already have. The discount prices and free game trials are a nice touch to be able to buy things cheaper and to have an extended demo before deciding on any of those games but they weren't anything I was interested in and neither were the free PSN game selections.They might have been better if I actually took the time to download one and try them out...I will say NO to the question from the very short time I spent with it. I did like having that the cool + symbol next to my PSN.

I would have liked to have been a subscriber seeing as how my PS3 is dying on my and I can't backup most of my save files with the Online Storage feature. But seeing as how I'm on the fence about whether I even want to get a new PS3, it's a no from me.

From 2 free months that I got, I found it worth it. There were some games I wanted but my PS3 was currently full. I was able to pick up Borderlands cheap because of it. Though some of the games didnt interest me personally, I knew that my nephews would have loved the PS1 games. I might sign up again for a full year in a couple of weeks, depending on the money situation.

I got the free 30 day thingie when PSN came back up...I didn't see anything for it and didn't use it. The free time expired and I don't think I missed out on anything....but that's just me.

I'm on the same boat as you are. I checked the store offers every time new ones came up, but there never was anything I found interesting, so this would probably be money badly spent for me.

Money pit.

The most significant purchase I've made was Borderlands and all DLC from the Store. Funny thing is it was more expensive to download it there than to go to the store and buy the GOTY edition. That's what I get for being lazy, I guess...

I did get DCUO and U3 betas, Sam & Max for free, a free avatar here or there. I'm fairly confident I haven't saved money equal to the cost of PS+.

• 2 weeks later...

Found the free trial to be entirely worthless. For a few reasons: I don't buy DLC. I like the default PS theme with the changing colors just fine. I don't waste money on avatars. I'm old school in that I like physical copies of my media.

The only feature I find worthwhile is the online game save backup, though it's not worth the coin for a yearly membership.

• 2 months later...

I'm old school in that I like physical copies of my media.

The only feature I find worthwhile is the online game save backup, though it's not worth the coin for a yearly membership.

I like physical media better too. I have plenty of room on my hdd, but I didn't see that many PSN titles that interest me. I do like dlc though.

I really liked being able to schedule getting game updates and I'm sure I'd like the online game saves.

I feel Sony could've done a better job luring more customers with that free month of ps+. I just didn't find anything they were offering interesting enough to try. Nothing had that wow factor to say "I really need to renew this when it ends".

List of games i got from ps+:

plants vs zombies - FREE = 10$ saving

Magic the gathering 2012 - 20% = 3$ saving

Eufloria - 20% = 3$ saving

From dust - 20% = 3$ saving

Under siege - 20% = 3$ saving

Wizardry: Labyrinth of Imprisoned Souls (JP) - 20% = 3$ saving

Total saving for 6 month 25$ for a 50$ subscription

Automatic Cloud save of ALL my saves that now upload automatically install my downloaded games and and game/system updates for me while i sleep

3 themes

0 avatars i never change my avatar

0 game trial i'd hate getting some partial trophies in my trophies list

0 beta i don't work for free for game developpers

Right now i'm a happy camper :wub:

• 2 years later...

I definitely like it and will keep renewing my sub. Im the type of person that says "It's a free game so why not play?" . I like the discounts a decent amount of the time. I only renew the whole year  with cash on my main account(American/ NA) but it's nice to keep getting European games using the free trials EU keeps giving out. I was also using Japanese PS+ until they stopped giving out the trials.

Edited by shadowhood1111

Worth it. I would recommend getting a large hard drive unless you plan to delete some games. Its a great renting service would keep subscribing the membership. Biggest regret its not getting it early .