Make it Happen Santa Monica GoW Ragrarock shared trophy list

Seamndel

7 hours ago, Seamndel said:

You don't understand. I WANT another Okami HD situation, as stacking lists dilute the meta-game and are inconsiderate of a person's time.

How....exactly? No one is telling you to play the stack. You play either the PS4 version or the PS5 version...it's up to you. You never have to play the other one. You'll have one trophy list on your account. 

Stacking lists gives the best of both worlds. Either you choose to play one or the other, or if you want you can play both and get 2 Plats. I don't see how it dilutes anything when it's simply up to player choice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I don't see how it dilutes anything when it's simply up to player choice. 

Not that I really care, but he's saying that stacks that auto pop dilute the trophy count because you didn't actually earn them or spend time getting them.

Same with those two minute platinum games with four to six stacks. Earn six plats in the time it takes to get through a tutorial in a normal game

Edited by yowzagabowza
  • Like 1

As much as I would like to see more organized trophy lists like the image you made, unfortunately it won't happen because it is technically impossible. PS5 trophy lists are different than past consoles, and PS5 trophy lists cannot actually be shared with "legacy" trophy lists (PS4, PS3, and Vita).

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Viper said:

How....exactly? No one is telling you to play the stack. You play either the PS4 version or the PS5 version...it's up to you. You never have to play the other one. You'll have one trophy list on your account. 

Stacking lists gives the best of both worlds. Either you choose to play one or the other, or if you want you can play both and get 2 Plats. I don't see how it dilutes anything when it's simply up to player choice. 

It dilutes the meta-game and FORCES you to play the inferior version IF you go for 100% series completion. Platinuming the game twice - PS5 first, PS4 second - isn't an option either as I'd much rather continue on to other avenues in life after I'm done with the game's Platinum once. A person only has so much time; even if I'd have the time, I wouldn't spend it on re-platinuming.

Also,Auto-scripting input from your 1st playthrough to the second playthrough probably won't work, as these games have random elements/events.

Edited by Seamndel

14 hours ago, Seamndel said:

You don't understand. I WANT another Okami HD situation, as stacking lists dilute the meta-game and are inconsiderate of a person's time.

If humans have developed self-guiding , reusable space rocket prototypes then I'm 1,000,000,000% sure engineers and decision makers can have said trophy system changed. 

I'd love if there was only one trophy list per game, regardless of region or platform, but it's not going to happen.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2022 at 11:43 PM, CelestialRequiem said:

No game has, nor ever will, share a trophy set between PS4 and PS5. 

You don't have to worry about another Okami HD situation in this regard. For those who don't know, Okami HD released on PS3 in 2012, then got a PS4 version in 2017. Instead of giving it a new stack, Capcom just added PS4 to the set. Very unusual, as every other remaster from Capcom introduced a new trophy set. 

The same happened with Dragon's Crown; they added PS4 to the existing Vita/PS3 list. It was the only game I knew of until I read your post. Ragnorok will def have auto-pop. 

19 hours ago, Seamndel said:

If humans have developed self-guiding , reusable space rocket prototypes then I'm 1,000,000,000% sure engineers and decision makers can have said trophy system changed. 

Autopopping a 40h games has far less impact on the meta game than the weekly release of 2 new zippy the circle stacks alone. I don’t have the numbers but I think there are not a lot more autopop games than cheap platinums get released per weak.

region stacks Are annoying to me as they stop me from completing series^^

Edited by Ich1994-1994

20 hours ago, BlindMango said:

As much as I would like to see more organized trophy lists like the image you made, unfortunately it won't happen because it is technically impossible. 

We've sent humans to the moon, and are thinking of sending them to Mars, but it's technically impossible to have the same stack across PS4 and PS5? That feels wrong to me.

On 2/20/2022 at 5:26 AM, Seamndel said:

Holy shit - I just stole this guy's post. That's what I get for reading threads backwards. Sorry about that.

Edited by starcrunch061