March 2022's PS+ Games - Ghostrunner, Team Sonic Racing, ARK: Survival Evolved, GoT: Legends

Abby_TheLastofUs

Ark - Not a huge survival crafting fan, but I've read good thing.

Sonic Racing - Not bad. I played this on Steam a while back, it's decent enough.

Ghostrunner - Was kinda interested in this during the release window. I'd assume it plays better with a mouse & keyboard combo.

Tsushima - Really not a huge Souls-like fan, but I may as well try it if I'm going to get it anyway.

Just an 'ok, sure, why not' month for me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

Ark - Not a huge survival crafting fan, but I've read good thing.

Sonic Racing - Not bad. I played this on Steam a while back, it's decent enough.

Ghostrunner - Was kinda interested in this during the release window. I'd assume it plays better with a mouse & keyboard combo.

Tsushima - Really not a huge Souls-like fan, but I may as well try it if I'm going to get it anyway.

Just an 'ok, sure, why not' month for me.

Ghostrunner is pretty solid and ran at 60fps even on PS4. PS5 version should be real nice. I didn't personally have much in the way of issues playing it with a joystick - it's not like you're really aiming much. Only time you really need to be precise is if you're tryna reflect bullets at enemies, but even that's not too aim intensive.

I'm also pretty sure Ghost of Tsushima isn't a Souls like. It's more like Assassins Creed, as far as I can tell. That being said, this is only the standalone multiplayer, not the SP campaign.

1 hour ago, Jelly Soup said:

Not a Souls-like. More like an Ubisoft open world with a significantly better story.

27 minutes ago, Grotz99 said:

Does Souls-like mean anything harder than a Rata games now?

Be nice!

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

Typical PSNP PS+ thread. 5 pages of shit posts on whether or not you personally are satisfied with the games and absolutely no information on 100%'ing the games in question.

Sonic Karts looks easy enough, minimal online requirements, no leaderboard trophies like ModNations. One trophy requiring 3 controllers is a bit of a pain. No DLC listed in the trophy list, big plus there. Even if there is DLC available for the game it doesn't look like you'll need to buy anything else to 100%. Curious since the percentage is so low, is story mode hard to play solo, since there's an emphasis on team mechanics?

Ark status was a little confusing, looked up a thread on that. Apparently the DLC's listed with trophies are free updates but there may be a couple of base trophies that are locked behind other DLC that aren't free? Like max level and find all the notes, or something. Then someone else said something about bypassing that with admin codes that just give you the notes and levels? Using admin codes seems a little janky but if in-game then allowable. Still doesn't make me too interested to jump on that one.

The Legends stand alone seems a little pointless to me, from a trophy hunting perspective. It sounds like it'll pop the dlc trophies in the base list, so I'd need to buy the game to 100% and if I bought the game then the Legends DLC would be a free download for me anyways. I guess it's good from the perspective of opening up the pool of available co-op partners.

Edited by Metal Slime King
Added links to lists
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Metal Slime King said:

The Legends stand alone seems a little pointless to me, from a trophy hunting perspective. It sounds like it'll pop the dlc trophies in the base list, so I'd need to buy the game to 100% and if I bought the game then the Legends DLC would be a free download for me anyways. I guess it's good from the perspective of opening up the pool of available co-op partners.

That's what I was asking earlier, looks like the Legends trophies will show up as part of the base list, then.

Thank you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Metal Slime King said:

Typical PSNP PS+ thread. 5 pages of shit posts on whether or not you personally are satisfied with the games and absolutely no information on 100%'ing the games in question.

Why do people have to give information on that? You're telling me you went through all the comments looking for this information instead of just looking for yourself lol? 

1 hour ago, l33sar54 said:

That's what I was asking earlier, looks like the Legends trophies will show up as part of the base list, then.

Well, I wouldn't take my post as an absolute confirmation, I'm just going by what I've gleamed from the thread. Somebody said the Legends DLC shows up as a free download if you own the game so presumably it already exists on the store. If it already exists but doesn't have a separate list (that much I've checked) then the trophies either pop up on the main list or they don't pop at all. Either way, a pointless download if you're going into a game with the intention of completing it 100%.

• Like 2

Ark was crap through and through. 

Kart racers are always acceptable, as they allow easy multiplayer fun for everyone.

I don't think Ghostrunner is gonna be fun, I didn't enjoy Mirror's Edge, and it sounds like a few people who did decided it wasn't hard enough. 

I thought Ghosts of Tsushima was a Souls-like "twitch-dodger" type of game, but I misremembered and I was thinking of Sekiro Shadows Die Twice.  Regardless, I'm not into the game or it's unique co-op mode.

2/10 month. 1/10 if you have PS Now, which I never have and never will. There's nothing on this poor attempt by Sony to keep pace with Microsoft Xbox's Gamepass. 

@ZZ383 or anyone else ( you were the last one ) if you are not interested playing Legends it’s totally fine we all have our choices in games, but it does have matchmaking and you don’t need a friend to play it ( you mentioned co-op) but even with random people I’ll probably say it’s really exciting! Even if it has parry, dodge and even stealth it doesn’t mean it’s similar to a souls game, probably closer to odyssey ( even the animations)  dodge and Sekiro?? Those don’t go together! 

6 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

Because maybe not everybody cares so much about trophies and they're more concerned about the quality of the games being released? Just because this is a trophy related website doesn't mean information only related to trophies is all people should be allowed to discuss. 

With that said, Ghostrunner is a hidden gem. I'll definitely be downloading that one. Not a bad month I have to say despite all the moaning and complaining per usual from many others. 

Edited by mega-tallica

8 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I'm also pretty sure Ghost of Tsushima isn't a Souls like. It's more like Assassins Creed, as far as I can tell. That being said, this is only the standalone multiplayer, not the SP campaign.

7 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Not a Souls-like. More like an Ubisoft open world with a significantly better story.

Oh, pardon me. I had it confused with something else. I'll bump it up my list then, thanks the both of you.

8 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

Does Souls-like mean anything harder than a Rata games now?

Now, now, it was a simple error on my part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jelly Soup said:

Oh, pardon me. I had it confused with something else. I'll bump it up my list then, thanks the both of you.

Now, now, it was a simple error on my part.

Ah, you were probably thinking of Sekiro. Didn't mean to lash at you like that, but like I said I've seen that term thrown around a lot lately.

• Like 1

We love a good moan don’t we lol

Not a great month but by far not the worst! Would of overlooked Ghostrunner personally so will try that, Ark is just another Conan isn’t it so that’ll be rushed, sonic is a nice change of pace and legends is class if you haven’t played it. However they should of made a separate list for Legends as that may put off some of us 

@Abby_TheLastofUs cracking post and info. Saves plugging across both site guides for each game! Thanks 

Decent enough month. ?
I havent' played a racing game in forever, so I'm gonna add Sonic Racing to my library and try it out for sure! Ghostrunner looks interesting as well.

I've played ARK for over 800 hours already, great game! If you like survival games that can be played solo or with pvp, try this one out. There are many different islands for free, and the dlc's are on sale frequently, they add 100+ hours each with new dinos and craftable objects! There are tons of things to explore and try out, especially if you like dinosaurs ?