Patch 1.07

preciseRNG

2 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

The game has been out 2 weeks and you lot are getting all bent out of shape because you don't have the platinum yet.

What is the rush? Gran Turismo 6 came out 9 years ago and you want to be done with this one in 2 weeks? Just enjoy the damn game. Polyphony will continue to support it for years to come with new tracks and cars etc.

If you're genuinely complaining that you have to race too much in a Gran Turismo game then why did you buy it in the first place?

Im just waiting to see who will finally figure out the last trophy. Great game though. I am happy they fixed the tire issue since it made the game unbeatable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EIdain said:

I'm also unable to connect to the servers (says'Undergoing Maintenance') after this patch, and thus play the game at all. Cool.

They probably realised that they forgot to increase the cost of all the cars so doing that now with 'server maintenance' :\

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asimb0mb said:

As for an apology, the only apology you'll get from them is a tweet. You really think they're gonna give out free money just like that? They showed their true colors with this update. They want to suck your wallet dry.

I can never get comments like this. It is true that all for-profit businesses want money and will do just about anything legally to increase their revenue and profits but you are never required to give them anything. 

I play a lot of f2p, gacha, and games with MTXs and outside of buying season passes have spent all of 0 dollars on real money transactions. You can say they want my money and I'd agree but that in and of itself is the name of the game. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

Strike 1: made it so a largely SP game can’t be played offline

Strike 2: made already expensive legendary car purchases timed and rotational

Strike 3: nerfed payouts for winning races so u have to pay for ludicrously expensive micro transactions 

fuck polyphony ?

*polyPHONY

2 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

The game has been out 2 weeks and you lot are getting all bent out of shape because you don't have the platinum yet.

What is the rush? Gran Turismo 6 came out 9 years ago and you want to be done with this one in 2 weeks? Just enjoy the damn game. Polyphony will continue to support it for years to come with new tracks and cars etc.

If you're genuinely complaining that you have to race too much in a Gran Turismo game then why did you buy it in the first place?

This game has less than a quarter of the races that GT4 had and it didn't need a single update. I played that game for hundreds of hours. This one I was done with every race in 15 hours or so. If they want us to not be done with the game in 2 weeks then they should've given us more races to begin with. They need to increase payouts as well. Fishermans Ranch was fine IMO in terms of payouts per hour. We just need more events that pay out that much to give more variety. But what did they do. Nerf it and many others.

I don't mind nerfing this stupid rally, but ONLY if they increase payments in Sport mode, that average player in top 10 out of 20 could earn about 150 thousand. Now you get about 10k and it is 20-30k an hour - this is ridiculous! Game is focused on the online part, there are not enough single-player races and they nerfing even them.... i spent about 20 hours total grinding Fishermans Ranch, got Ford and Jaguar and have 10.5 million left, and on the last races i started to have a dizziness... 

• Like 1

Gran Turismo is a grind, it has always been a grind. pretty annoying at times, but I don't really mind that.

What sucks is, that there is literaly nothing you can do when servers are down in a mostly offline game. GT Sport was questionable with this, but it really was a mostly online game. GT7 is not.

After all it had a solid start compared to most AAA Games these days, but then 1.06 adds a couple of game breaking bugs. Not beeing able to buy or win cars in a game that is about collecting cars is bad and only one of the issues. And now server maintenance and update 1.07 that is supposed to fix all the major issues takes it offline for what is now more than a day?

dissapointment is rapidly increasing...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

Well heading to work now, hope the game is online again in about 10 hours…. Do you guys think they will patch the game so that its possible to do single player stuff offline after all the negative feedback?

No I don't think this will ever be playable offline.

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous. I know it might have something to do with the earthquake in Japan but they haven't said anything about that, only that there's problems with patch 1.07. It wouldn't be that bad if GT7 was an online only game but there's absolutely no valid reason why you shouldn't be able to play the offline parts of the game even when the servers are down.